• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Should Willow become queer in this series and met Tara in high school instead of college?

DayDreamer27

Potential
I'd like her to be bisexual in this series. Hell, if they really wanna be progressive, have her in poly relationship with Oz & Tara.

On a realistic note, that ain't happening. Oz is probably not even in the mix. I think she pretty much has started off as gay in this series. I enjoy reading the forum & takes on the reboot, but I chose to bow out before reading.

I think the writer said it was good to have Willow start off knowing she's gay this time around. Now will she still be with Tara or another girl is questionable.

Angel6

Potential
I prefer Willow to be bisexual in this series. That will allow her to be with Oz and/or Tara. Or maybe Oz is a woman is this series I don't know.
I have a feeling her current girlfriend is a female Oz

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
I feel like I would want them to save Tara for a little later, so a female Oz first sounds a-ok by me.

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
I'd say let her be Bi as I think she was in the series. Though knowing these writers they will probably make her Pan or something. I dont want Tara introduced during high school, leave something for college. If she has a girlfriend then introduce a new character.

Jade86

Townie
Does her sexuality matter? Would she have been better or worse if she had chosen a different person to bump uglies with? I just don't think it matters as much as the fandom world wants it to matter. She's should still have the same values of Willow despite who she snogs.
I partially do agree with you. Her sexually shouldn't make any difference as to Willow's character is. However who Willow's girlfriend is does impact her story line. Anyway I don't take it so seriously. I just think it's fun to speculate. :)

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
I'm okay with exploring different sexual orientation options with Willow and others, just so long as it doesn't become a crutch for story-telling. It should emerge naturally from the story-telling, not the other way around (i.e., story-telling in service of making a socio-cultural point). As always, the focus should be on the humanity of the characters first; everything else should then fall into place afterward.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The Comic seems to be doing a highlight reel approach to this reboot. Lesbian witch college Willow is arguably more important than high school Willow.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I don't disagree. Buffy wasn't perfect, a lot of things happened because of the limits of sfx, or casting conflicts, or were just ideas not worth revisiting. I mean, I like Cordie, but how many times did she show up just due to contractual obligations? Does Flutie or Jesse has to show up? No, some things can be dropped. Why set up Willow's coming out and relationship with Oz when she's just going to end up, erm, coming out? Why even bother with Riley? Why do 60% of Angel? Now, some things already look stupid. "Miss Edith, be a dear and cancel my one O'Clock, and get Lilah on the phone. I wish to discuss moisturizers." But, overall, an ultimate or DCAUC is probably what they should aim for, assuming my value hypothesis is wrong.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
I don't care if they say she is gay, bi, pan, whatever! As long as she is happy (not very likely though if it has Whedons name on it ;)) and ends up with Tara or Fred! 😍 ❤❤❤💕💕💖💖💗💗

thrasherpix

Scooby
Gay or bi, anything but straight...though a straight relationship in which she's haunted by "not feeling it" (as opposed to the passion of Woz in the show) would be good.

But then I'm just commenting from the peanut gallery...though I might check it out later, especially as I do visit a comic store on occasion and thinking about getting some new roleplaying books (that also sell there), and so might as well.

Top Bottom