• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Should Willow Go To A&F?

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
My positive take:
  1. In the show, Willow is the only one in Sunnydale who gives a damn about Angel Investigations.
  2. Emotionally Buffy does not quite need Willow right now.
  3. Willow's crossover to A&F S9 was great.
  4. They already have teen Giles as a spellcaster while the Angel team have none (Nadira doesn't count because she's not in the team).
  5. The Angel team are all nuns at this moment. A little bit Willow sex would do no harm.
  6. If the lack of female characters of BtVS is a problem, Giles aunties can come to BtVS. They are not Angel's aunties anyway. Giles aunties poking fun at Buffy would be more entertaining than Willow's endless sweet comforting in this season.
  7. Willow can sometimes crossover back. In that case her story arcs would be more than what we have now when she's a so called main character.

white avenger

white avenger
If Willow moves over to A&F, does she finally get to hook up with Fred? That would be interesting, and she isn't doing all that much for Buffy's crew lately.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
The Angel team are all nuns at this moment. A little bit Willow sex would do no harm.
I laughed so hard at this. I just had a picture in my head.

But seriously, the only reason I would want Willow with A&F is so that she would hook up with Fred. Aside from that, well I can't picture Buffy/Willow/Xander away from each other, that would just make me sad.

Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes
They did, at least in my own twisted labyrinth of a mind. ;)

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Maybe she could commute between the two groups, sort of a roving troubleshooter ready to lend magic to any situation. That would put her in both camps and get her some air miles unless she decided to teleport between them.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I definitley think she should guest star for an arc or so, like she did in S9. I want to see Willow and Fred interact again. And then both of them and Faith could have a girly sleepover and talk about nerd stuff!
And sex, 'cause Faith is there. She'd want to lament her complete lack of it and utter the line 'Well I've had some shockers in my time but you, Red, you boinked a snake demon. What was it like?' :D

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
I definitley think she should guest star for an arc or so, like she did in S9. I want to see Willow and Fred interact again. And then both of them and Faith could have a girly sleepover and talk about nerd stuff!
And sex, 'cause Faith is there. She'd want to lament her complete lack of it and utter the line 'Well I've had some shockers in my time but you, Red, you boinked a snake demon. What was it like?' :D
Write a letter to Joss cuz I wanna see that RIGHT NOW! :D

Lol what if Willow tricked Buffy into coming along just to get her and Faith in the same room and resolve their issues. That's right, the next arc is 'Female Bonding.'

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Lol what if Willow tricked Buffy into coming along just to get her and Faith in the same room and resolve their issues. That's right, the next arc is 'Female Bonding.'
But... Buffy and Faith have not much issues any more.:) They lived together in S8 and had the reunion in S10.

If Willow moves over to A&F, does she finally get to hook up with Fred? That would be interesting, and she isn't doing all that much for Buffy's crew lately.
Willow and Fred may be end up being very good friends. And hey! Fred may be 100% straight, but Illyria doesn't care about orientation stuff. The misuse of the same body is a problem though.

Maybe she could commute between the two groups, sort of a roving troubleshooter ready to lend magic to any situation. That would put her in both camps and get her some air miles unless she decided to teleport between them.
Yes! Willow teleports on a daily basis so she can be the main character of both series!

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
But... Buffy and Faith have not much issues any more.:) They lived together in S8 and had the reunion in S10.
Lol totally forgot about Seasons 8 and 10 (though it should be noted that in the latter, Buffy was just happy to see Giles).

white avenger

white avenger
Willow and Fred may be end up being very good friends. And hey! Fred may be 100% straight, but Illyria doesn't care about orientation stuff. The misuse of the same body is a problem though.
Now, that might be an interesting twist, and something that hasn't been tried before, especially if Fred has a boyfriend (could we even dare suggest that Gunn comes back to the series?) Willow is Illyria's lover and Fred's friend. Gunn is Fred's lover and Illyria's comrade in arms. That could be all kinds of interesting AND confusing.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Now, that might be an interesting twist, and something that hasn't been tried before, especially if Fred has a boyfriend (could we even dare suggest that Gunn comes back to the series?) Willow is Illyria's lover and Fred's friend. Gunn is Fred's lover and Illyria's comrade in arms. That could be all kinds of interesting AND confusing.
Yeah. Same with Dollhouse: I feel icky each time the idea that Echo might sometimes date a girl for her Paul persona comes to my mind...

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Oh I hated that ending with Paul

thetopher

Sineya
Season 8 ended with Buffy being pissed at Faith because Giles left her all his stuff and Buffy just the Vampyre book.
In S9 Buffy actually calls her selfish and self-involved (deeply ironic). When they reunite in S10 it always seemed to me that Buffy was just happy to see Gles when they all reunited.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Season 8 ended with Buffy being pissed at Faith because Giles left her all his stuff and Buffy just the Vampyre book.
In S9 Buffy actually calls her selfish and self-involved (deeply ironic). When they reunite in S10 it always seemed to me that Buffy was just happy to see Gles when they all reunited.
Buffy and Faith are like Angel and Spike, they respect each other on a certain level but will never fully be able to see eye to eye.

Blaze
Blaze
Do you mean they also shagged? Lol

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
It's more of disappointment (to the result, not to Giles) and self-doubt to me.
I think they already reconciled however they can. There are no issues to be "solved" anymore. They both already understand each other to a deep level and both choose not to be close. They can't be brought closer by further apologizing or co-mental therapy or something like that. I don't even know if living together/having sex can.
Buffy and Faith are like Angel and Spike, they respect each other on a certain level but will never fully be able to see eye to eye.
Angel and Spike are much closer that one can provoke insults in whatever circumstances and the other one will never be mad after 5 seconds. Buffy and Faith can only interact when they pretend they are very polite and civilized people.

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
I think Willow's about 12-15 years overdue for her own series to be honest. I know we had Wonderland, but I'm talking 20+ issue runs like Buffy and A&F.
I'm totally up for more Willow in A&F though.

gite63

Gone
Sineya
I prefer Willow in BtVS, maybe with a new place for her, a repositioning of sorts. She's a powerful witch, she is the mother of the New Magic, and she has already been on the path of abusing magic too much; so now, she's ready to a more meaningful role in the world of magic. Not something that would go against the Scoobies, but something more of hers, she being more independent from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (without being her enemy). Or, Willow could have her own title - but I don't have any idea with whom she would share it.

Last edited:

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
I prefer Willow in BtVS, maybe with a new place for her, a repositioning of sorts. She's a powerful witch, she is the mother of the New Magic, and she has already been on the path of abusing magic too much; so now, she's ready to a more meaningful role in the world of magic. Not something that would go against the Scoobies, but something more of hers, she being more independent from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (without being her enemy). Or, Willow could have her own title - but I don't have any idea with whom she would share it.
Willow's coven vs Deepscan. Finance drama of the century! Clash of corporations! Stock manipulation and hostile takeover!

Damn it. I'm becoming excited at this idea...

thetopher

Sineya
I think they already reconciled however they can. There are no issues to be "solved" anymore. They both already understand each other to a deep level and both choose not to be close. They can't be brought closer by further apologizing or co-mental therapy or something like that. I don't even know if living together/having sex can.
I completely disagree with this.
There are plenty of stories to be told involving unresolved issues between Buffy and Faith, about their separate journey's throughout the series, about self-hate and destruction, redemption and forgivness, loneliness and other key verse issues.
There are reasons why Faith isn't just another Scooby, why in a world with thousands of slayers the only one that 'gets' Buffy's slayer issues is Faith. Faith is separated from Buffy for similar reasons as Angel- she is that important.

gite63

Gone
Sineya
I think they already reconciled however they can. There are no issues to be "solved" anymore. They both already understand each other to a deep level and both choose not to be close.
Exactly. Buffy doesn't have any more reasons to hate Faith, and she never really wanted to be friends with her – they are different people who don't click, that's all.

And Faith, when she is around Buffy, her old insecurities surface and she ends up feeling bad and neglected - and she has her reasons: as seen when they met last time in San Francisco and Giles chose his Slayer over Faith.

white avenger

white avenger
There's the possibility of Willow and Fred starting up a new Order Of Guardians to watch over, organize, coordinate, and train all of the young watchers. That way, they could move back and forth between both titles, consulting with Buffy and Faith, and even, possibly, begin a series of their own. We know that Kennedy has her security group, and, as far as we know, Satsu still has her team in Japan. There are loose Slayers in London, more in Cleveland, and quite likely tons of other girls, alone or in small groups, scattered all over the world. All of those girls need organization, focus, and intercommunication. That would keep Willow, Fred, and a sizable crew of Guardians busy indefinitely, and give perfectly good reason to have frequent consultations with both Buffy and Faith, as the two senior demon fighters still in operation. They could be available as back up in both titles, able to provide magic, science, and raw Slayer power wherever they were needed on short notice.

gite63

Gone
Sineya
There's the possibility of Willow and Fred starting up a new Order Of Guardians to watch over, organize, coordinate, and train all of the young watchers.
I don't think that would interest Willow... so, it wouldn't be a reason for her to go over A&F. She could move to London to be part - or the leader - of a coven, in Magic Town (but I still rather have her on BtVS), since I don't think this new magic will disappear - unless Archaeus makes it corporeal and someone destroys it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom