1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Siffy fan here, please don't bite me

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by SiffyLuver, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Do you support or ship Siffy?

1. Yes, I do

11.8%
  2. HELL NO

41.2%
  3. I dont ship them, but I dont hate the ship either

47.1%
  1. SiffyLuver

SiffyLuver Townie

Hi! I'm not used to write on forums, so maybe I'm not entering here everyday, due to my shyness.
    I'm a fan of the Siffy shipping (Sid the dummy x Buffy) but I never told it since it's truly unpopular. A reason I've got
    the courage to confess it, is that I've met another Buffy followers whose do ship them, and I thought that I'm not the weird one of the fandom, so I felt brave enough to finally contact other fans and admiting my love for that couple. Me and the other Siffies are trying to make an small fansite for the couple as well, so we hope to meet other fans here that may share these tastes -and please dont bite us- Nice to meet you all!

So as a start, I would like to know how many here do ship them or who hate them as well.

2. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Welcome to the boards!

I was the first vote and went for for option 3 - I don't ship them but I don't hate the ship either. Once Buffy heard the story that he was tracking down demons and eliminating them until he was turned into a puppet by the last one he had to find and that he wanted to continue the fight even though success would mean the end of his existence, Buffy came to respect Sid, however lecherous his comments to her had been before. I thought I had heard all the ship names before but I must admit I had never heard of Siffy until now. I don't recall Buffy mentioning Sid after "The Puppet Show", so it is hard to say that their one show together had risen to the level of a relationship in Buffy's mind.

3. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Hi! Welcome to the boards! I only ship Bangel as for as Buffy and Angel go so I don't ship Siffy, but I have no problem with it. And don't worry, we don't bite ;)

4. SiffyLuver

SiffyLuver Townie

Aw thanks for replying! Im glad to meet some nice people here. Yeah the name idea came out from one of the other fans, after some time thinking about how should we name the ship, since we didn't now more people on that shipping. Yeah, I get that they didn't share to much together -The Puppet Show episode and the Chaos Bleeds universe, however this second it's non-canon, I guess- but we usually tell that Sid is the one to have feelings for Buffy rather than her for him, but in my case I think she could develop a really fond respect for him, for being one of the first demon hunters and how that his loss also precedess the rest on the series, so yeah, hard to conect, but also isn't that the fan magic, of see felings even when characters not always are mean to have it in the real series.

We are also Willow x Tara supporters, as well, and I do ship Spuffy too, but I preffer the Siffy more.

5. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    Hello and welcome!

I had no clue who Siffy was until I read your post. :oops:

6. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    Welcome. I'm option 3. The ocean is big and there is room for lots of ships.

7. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Hi there, and welcome!
    I'd never heard of Siffy before! I ended up picking option 2 because I'm actually pretty scared of Sid, it's not personal to him... it's just... puppet! Nothing against the ship in general
    @Athena I seem to remember hearing on the podcast that you like puppets, correct? :p

8. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Hi and welcome! I do love puppets (as our latest podcast will prove ;)) and I am a fan of Sid, but I've never thought of a Siffy ship before. Heck, I'm game! :D

All I can say is, it's a good job Sid's not called Steve! o_O:eek::p

Ethan Reigns: Yup. Stuffy would be my favourite ship, sight unseen.
    DeadlyDuo: I thought Steve and Buffy would come out Stiffy lol
    Ethan Reigns and Guy like this.
  9. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    I am a firm supporter of shipping everyone with everyone, so count me in! Siffy 4EVER!!!

He's dark, he's immortal, and he's non-human - he's exactly Buffy's type!

GoSpuffy likes this.
  10. AndrewCrossett

AndrewCrossett Satsu Otaku

Sineya
    I don't ship Sid the Dummy and Buffy, but I do ship 1930's human Sid and the Korean Slayer. In fact, I wrote a pretty long fanfic about them that's probably my favorite Buffyverse story I ever wrote.

Guy likes this.
  11. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

HAHAHAHA! I support this because it's hilarious!

And should you ever somehow make it brilliant (and there's always a talented writer out there who can make about anything brilliant) then I'd be especially impressed. Heck, I remember braced to just getting through Smile Time in Angel as I figured it would be cringe-worthy, and yet Joss worked his magic (gotta give Ben Edlund credit as well) and it's now one of my favorite episodes. I'm sure something similar could happen in the realm of fanfiction.

I'm not much for shipping in general, but it doesn't bother me, and I can enjoy it. And I've got more than one playlist (including for Buffy) which will have many contradictory ships on it (and may include those that I'd have hated to see as canon, but I can appreciate it as creative fan works, and I have a special fondness for creative editing that create a double entendre never intended by the show). They about all work for me without any appealing to me in some obsessive way. I can make comments from the peanut gallery, but I doubt I'd ever take part in some shipping war.

12. Priceless

Priceless I didn't forget y'know

I don't ship Siffy (Spuffy Forever :)) but I love The Puppet Show, it's my favourite episode from Season 1. Sid is a great character and one I'd have liked to have seen more of. And welcome to the boards :)

13. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Welcome to the boards :)

Just to clarify, you're shipping Buffy with Sid because of his personality, right? Not because he's a dummy?

If Sid was in season 7 and kidnapped Principal Wood then someone, probably Xander, could utter the line "Sid's got Wood"

It would work for any male character who kidnaps Principal Wood lol. :p

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Guy likes this.
  14. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    What good is a ship if it's not at least a LITTLE kinky? (;

DeadlyDuo: Lol
    SiffyLuver: Kinkyness is what makes ships lively.
    DeadlyDuo likes this.
  15. Wight Space

Wight Space Townie

You like what you like, and don't let anyone wrongfully judging you change that. Welcome fellow newbie.

16. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Welcome to the boards :D

17. Spanish Flame

Spanish Flame It's Not Easy Being Green

Ok. i voted no because Sid makes me shiver!!!

But I admire you for defending what you like and believe . it is very brave of you -because it's not that common, ya know -.

Despite I dont like , you got my support for what you are doing !! you rock !

Welcome to the boards !!

18. Forever Spuffy

Forever Spuffy shiny beads and sweet talk

Hello and welcome :)

19. SiffyLuver

SiffyLuver Townie

Hi again! Sorry for replying too late. Too much things to do this Christmas. All your replies made my day.
    Im trying to push the fansite, but, Im guessing is too much work for us by now. I barely have time to put my fics
    a finish, so I want to make them the best as possible. And maybe I will upload them here.
    Im not good at writting and Im a perfectionist, so I dont know where they will be up, but at least I would have
    some fun reading reviews and all. I really like to write even if Im not good. I hope you'll enjoy them!

Also, my partner, is actually a fanzine artist and she usually spends most of the time making comic books or commisions so she's always busy drawing and so on so the idea of editing a website is just too much.

BUT, she leaves us some quirky news, she started a fanbook of Sid and Buffy! And what is most shocking,
    is a +18 rated book. I've seen a peak of other works from her, so I'm guessing this book will be damn explicit too.
    Im sure buying the hell out of that. She says is on the final stages of editing and preparing a preorder, tho,
    It just bothers me that she only can prints via regular photocopy, so the work she does goes to the toilet,
    because it lacks some part of the quality, but she has no much money for any other printing. Anyway her works
    are kinda funny to read (even if they are really erotic, she likes to put some comedy to it...) so Im gonna convince
    her to make an account here, she could try to offer them to other Buffy fans as well...She's always hardworking, she
    should reserve some more love to her work. I can't tell any much about the plot until the book is out, so, Im just leaving the news here so you can give your opinion about it. And maybe we can convince her to make another Buffy fanbook as well in the future, LOL.

She allowed me to put this small panel's wip as well:

[​IMG]

Gosh, I really want the see the finished work.

20. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    Hello & welcome.
    Whilst trawling through fanfic sites in search of Fuffy fic I've seen just about every pairing imaginable, so why not Siffy.
    Not my cup of tea really but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun....go for it!