• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Slayers & Vampires

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
Has anyone heard anything f about this book:

Edward Gross & Mark A. Altman's
Slayers & Vampires: the Complete Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of Buffy and Angel

Came out recently apparently.

Yes I've seen it advertised on my twitter feed. It seems like a collection of quotes from everyone involved in the show, such as:

Joss Whedon (Creator/Executive Producer): Alyson Hannigan played the shy, bookish one, and what's great about her is that she is also someone you just respond to emotionally. Whether she's in jeopardy or being hurt, you're just completely open to her in the same way that you're open to Sarah. She is also sort of a temptress. She brought a real life to the character and made her very much a part of the group. If these four didn't have different perspectives on stuff, they were going to be boring.

David Greenwalt (Writer): That's a hard part to cast, a young really good-looking guy who maybe isn't a star yet, but probably could be one. I remember David came in, and in the scene he's supposed to be riding a motorcycle. He turned a chair upside down and kind of sat on it as if he was on a motorcycle. Gail Berman and Joss and I, particularly the women, really responded to David. Then, you know, I think it was about episode seven, somewhere around Christmas, where this first kiss between Buffy and Angel happened. I just said, "I'll just write the episode." I didn't know it was going to be that big a deal. It went on the air, and, you know, the rest is history.

Seems like an interesting book for sources material. I hate stumbling on a quote on the internet and not knowing where it comes from or if it's real or made up.

Top Bottom