• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Slaying during a pandemic lockdown?

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Buffy leaves in the middle of class because of such "emergencies" related to the supernatural, so I'm sure she'll have no problem making an excuse to leave the house to slay vampires... albeit with a mask on.

Are vampires even capable of spread covid? Oh well.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
So, Sunnyvale is on lockdown....no one is supposed to leave their house, except for emergencies.

How do you think Buffy would handle this?
I don't think Buffy would need to patrol as as much. If everyone is locked down then the vampires will have nothing to eat (lockdown must be tough on them). If anything, it would be more dangerous for Buffy to go out regularly as vampires would be more willing to attack her out of hunger whereas before they would've left her alone and found an easier meal elsewhere.

Are vampires even capable of spread covid? Oh well.
They don't breathe so I'd say no.

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
Hmmm, seen as Slayers heal quickly, maybe she wouldnt be able to die from Covid? I think the Slayer and her mates wouldnt care too much, patrolling is emergency after all! Or maybe she could wear a mask...stop her from breathing in vamp dust as well 😂 🤣 OR maybe vamps might not be out as much, seen as there would be less people out, so when lockdowns over, there will only be skeletons, no vampys! Loge this thread teehee 😊 💕

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
True, if there were a lockdown and people stayed indoors, vamps would have less to eat. But smart ones (like Spike) would figure out a way to lure people outside...which suddenly reminds me! Has anyone else noticed how vocally similar Lucy (from Bram Stoker's Dracula) and Drusilla are? I'm guessing that Juliet studied this character, but toned down Lucy's cheerful demeanor. Jump to 1:15 and take a listen.

white avenger

white avenger
So, Sunnyvale is on lockdown....no one is supposed to leave their house, except for emergencies.

How do you think Buffy would handle this?

Thoughts?

During the first couple of Seasons, Buffy usually went out her bedroom window after Joyce had gone to bed, and came back in the same way before Joyce got up. Once Joyce was made aware of Buffy's nightly activities, even that small inconvenience would have eliminated. Where she patrolled, there were almost never any civilians, and certainly no police officers, so, pandemic or not, going and coming on patrol wouldn't be much changed. As for slaying during the day, that done only on rare occasions, so it shouldn't have been much of an issue.

Hunga Munga

Potential
It wouldn't stop her slaying for sure , but I reckon she'd have to change her patrol route . Cut back on the graveyards and concentrate where the people are out in the open , hospitals , food stores , soup kitchens etc .

Maybe she'd have to take supermarket , care or charity jobs to stake out the high risk places . One advantage is mysterious deaths and disappearances are gonna be a big deal in lockdown Sunnydale , so it'll likely be hard for vamps to cover their tracks .

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
The benefit of slaying during a pandemic...

it would be the closest she would ever come to having a secret identity.

Even if the mask is supposed to conceal her eyes.

Top Bottom