• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Small Facts about the Characters

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Sometimes little things about the characters are often overlooked but could be useful to know when writing the characters in fanfic eg Tara is allergic to shrimp so it's no good writing her eating a prawn cocktail. It could be something that a character briefly says about themselves that is easily forgotten or it could be something you've noticed that is never really acknowledged eg what hand a character writes with. It could be anything about any character.

Tara is allergic to shrimp
Tara often wears jeans
Spike is left handed
Spike wears his t-shirt tucked in

Can you think of any others?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Willow is afraid of frogs, spiders and horses.

Willow has lost two lots of goldfish. Once due to copying the 'Cat In The Hat' story when she was very young and the second due to Angelus' S2 rampage. Quite a contrast
Buffy also had a goldfish, which she killed (accidentally?) sometime before S3 'The Prom'. Shared goldfish trauma.

Faith had a home-made punching dummy in her motel room. This hardly ever gets mentioned in fan-fics but it can clearly be seen off to one side in 'Revelations' and the like.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
I didn't know Buffy had a goldfish

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Willow is afraid of frogs
As Willow is seen hugging a frog-purse/bag in what I believe is an earlier episode, before we learn of her fear, I think it's practically canon that something must've happened in-between those two episodes to cause her fear :p

thetopher
thetopher
A terrifying dream perhaps? Or a frog-monster of the week.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Willow kept a photo of her and Giles in her locker. I always found that adorable.
I feel like Buffy liked pigs; she was the only one whom Herbert responded well to and then there's Mr Gordo.
Angel turns his Claddagh ring around when he becomes Angelus; a small but very significant detail.
Xander's middle name is Lavelle (wtf?)
Xander has an acoustic guitar in his bedroom, so maybe his fantasy in Teacher's Pet isn't all fantasy?

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Each Scooby favours a different beat poet. Willow has Ginsberg in her locker, Xander reads Kerouac before going on his walkabout and Buffy was the only one that paid attention during the lesson on William S. Burroughs.

After he discovers Willow's plan to de-lust him in "Lover Walk," Xander makes an odd comment about Willow not making him a fireman. In "The Replacement," Xander reveals that he used to wonder if Willow started a fire so that Xander could get a firetruck for his birthday.

Both Spike and Angelus seem to enjoy the violence of Othello. Spike probably saw Othello as a human, but Angel presumably saw it as a vampire.

Amy used to be overweight before her mother pushed her into cheerleading. During her diet, she would sneak off and eat brownies with Willow. This reminds me of how Willow would watch Charlie Brown at Xander's.

Snyder quotes Apocalypse Now! in "Gingerbread, foreshadowing his appearance as Colonel Kurtz in "Restless."

Both Willow and Buffy are familiar with the play Death of a Salesman.

Anya was a communist when she was evil and a capitalist now that she's good.

Spike and Joyce are obsessed with Passion. Joyce seems to care especially for Timmy. Timmy and Tabitha are quite similar to the Master and Collin, whom Spike kills.

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Slik taler en litteratur-/ medieviter :-D

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Spike's car does not appear to have seatbelts.

Angel dreams about marrying Buffy in a church whereas, in Something Blue, Spike immediately rules out a church wedding for himself and Buffy.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon/hail hydra
Black Thorn
Anya was a dutiful wife, cheerful and happy...until Olaf mentioned that the bar maids spoke of her.

Joyce was probably a closet alcoholic.

Drusilla was very religious, wanting to please God before she became a vampire.

Spanky
Spanky
I don't think the Buffy Bot was jealous of Angel.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Spike's car does not appear to have seatbelts.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the Desoto has a bucket seat? Right? So that explains the lack of seatbelts, considering the year of the car.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
What's a bucket seat?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@Puppet Maybe you're thinking of the back seat (which Spike seems to have been using as a bin)? Apologies for size of picture.

Puppet
Puppet
Very possible. I haven't consistently watched the show in years and fan-fiction often gets the smaller details wrong and then they're stuck in my head.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Spike has watched Teletubbies or at least knows what it is which is fun 😂

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Where is this mentioned?
vznspike
vznspike
@DeadlyDuo doesn't he say it to Dawn at some stage to go watch Teletubbies with her mates? I could be wrong but I seem to recall that

Puppet

Black Thorn
Spike salvages furniture and such from the junkyard.

Willow wrote Doogie Howser fan-fiction when she was younger (and poetry about Xander).

Cordelia tests well and got high scores on her SATs.

Dawn and Joyce had a book club together.

SiobanD1981

Spuffy Lover
Spike and Giles know their Shakespeare. They paraphrase the Saint Crispin's day speech.

Buffy can lift the Troll hammer, but Spike can’t.

Faith had an affair with a guy that made her dress like a school girl and they’d use a bullwhip.

Giles has tiny handwriting.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Giles can speak five languages (on a good day)
Faith's mum was an alcoholic
Doyle was a school teacher
Angel speaks Romanian
Fred's mum is a school bus driver

sosa lola

Scooby
Xander's least favorite subject in school is math. We learn later that he's slow in some subjects including math.

Xander always gets nauseated when he sees a dead body.

Xander's dad is unemployed and his mom used to work at the drive-thru.

Xander blinks. A lot. Especially when he's upset.

Xander has neat handwriting.

Puppet
Puppet
And his eye twitches if you say Faith's name ;)
Top Bottom