• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

So A Poll - Who Do You Prefer Buffy With (TV only)?

Who do you prefer Buffy with?

• Total voters

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
No arguing peeps!! Just a simple poll as I'm interested in what you prefer and how many of you that are around now prefer what...

Personally I swing more towards Bangle but I also liked her with Spike (excluding SR)... So what about you, who of her main relationships do you prefer?

Btvs fan

Potential
Spike for me
Though I guess she could have a menage au trois if Buffy wanted 🤔

Reactions: Nix

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I said other, because even though I tend to consider myself a Spuffy shipper, I'd rather Buffy not be with any of the choices. Hard to explain :)

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
I said other, because even though I tend to consider myself a Spuffy shipper, I'd rather Buffy not be with any of the choices. Hard to explain :)
So... should we interpret that as another vote for Parker? :p

DayDreamer27

Potential
Bangel -As for why. Because I just like talking about OTPs.
I think Buffy was at her best with him. She could be open, honest, and truly vulnerable with him. Something she didn't have with anyone else afterwards.

And imo the bond was a perfect balance. They had their issues and fights, but it never went too far where anyone came off as cruel. They didn't have moments where one or the other was unsympathetic or unlikable. They didn't bring out the worst parts of each other & their was mutual respect and boundaries.

Plus Angel is the only one to truly love her selflessly. He always tried to do what he thought would be better for her, regardless of how he felt. Like when she asks if she should stay in SD or go away to collage. Angel wanted her to stay, and to be with her. But he told her to go. Not because he wanted it, but because it would better her future. It can be annoying,like him leaving her, but again, it was because he didn't want to deprive her of all the wonderful things a guy without his limits could give. Again, someone would she could go into the light with & make real love to. Now Buffy was willing to put up with those limits for him, but she was still pretty young & didn't have much experience yet. So he most likely didn't want her giving up things she has yet to fully feel, then look back & be resentful or regretful for the things she missed out on.

For me, Bangel is the perfect relationship. It had enough drama to move & create a story. But didn't go into toxic & questionable territory.

And I love that. I like stable & true couples with drama & issues to overcome. But not toxic where the characters outright abuse, mistreat, and draw out the worst sides of one another. All ships like that do is make me hate both the characters, and I quickly want them to get the Hell away from each other because I can't see why they're together when it's more bad than good, there doesn't seem to be real connection, and the only thing they can agree & bond on is sex. If sex is all they have, cool. Write the characters as casual f. buddies. Don't try to sell it as a OTL. lol The ships I felt that way about include

Ross x Rachel
Sam x Diane
Spuffy
Deadpool x Shiklah
Deadpool x Vanesaa

Unless you read Marvel DP comics, you won't get those last two. But for me, all these ships were hot & sexual, but I never felt anything more than them needing to be casual bed-mates, rather than being sold as genuine couples.

Last edited:
B
Btvs fan
So much for not talking bad about other ships ..
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Rachel was more abusive towards Ross than Ross was to her.
C
CHK DeWilSon
I know many view it that way but love Ross and Rachel as they are my Friends OTP.
I blame the writing that had to keep them apart to the bitter end when they knew they were endgame.
I just dont see them as toxic as spuffy but respect you do.

WillowFromBuffy

Stalky the Clown!
All of the above. It's sad when you're watching for the first time and your favourite relationship ends, but from the perspective of hindsight, all the boys contributed something worthwhile to the Buffy-story, even Parker and Scott Hope.

DayDreamer27

Potential
Scott was very sweet. That is a ship that's overlooked
He almost seemed like Riley. A normal guy Buffy needed for a bit without any drama.

It's just a bummer he dumped her before Homecoming. Especially when she's up against Cordelia, who had all her friends at that point.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
@caitaintdead does a good defence of Scott Hope video on her youtube channel. You can also see it on here in her thread.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'm not a shipper so I put in Other.

However, I like the idea one here came up with: Cuffy (Clem and Buffy). THAT would be brave (as opposed to giving the audience what many want, which is NOT brave, but pandering, despite the happy audience members calling it brave just because other audience members aren't happy with that choice or how it was presented), as many would project themselves into Buffy and would not want to be "forced" into a relationship with Clem.

I think that could be interesting on many levels, and I'd want Joyce to have to get used to it...and how Clem handles his appetite for embarrassment as well (and also scaring off that bully with his face tentacles). Natch, Clem and Buffy would have many arguments about kittens. I wonder if Clem would end up saving Buffy as often as Angel or Spike did. At least he'd be sweet, and I can't see him being an obsessed, controlling stalker which is better than what Buffy is used to.

Buffy/Xander could be sweet in s7...it felt to me like he and Buffy had a father/mother thing going on with Dawn which probably contributes to my feelings there (as I don't see them working in any other season). That would be another very brave choice. But not as brave as Cuffy (Cluffy?), which I still prefer.

Puppet
Puppet
I think @Ethan Reigns has mentioned Cuffy on more than one occasion :)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Where's the none of the above option? Sorry, but Buffy's romances were sometimes one of the weakest aspects on the show. See S3 Bangel, S5 Briley & pretty much all of Spuffy. That's not even counting Parker or Scott. 😩

Puppet
Puppet
Other could mean no one, that's why I went with it, since no on-screen (or comic, for that matter) choice was something I'd go with.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
@Foxy Are you serious? I've never known anyone else that favored them.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
who of her main relationships do you prefer?
Where's the none of the above option? Sorry, but Buffy's romances were sometimes one of the weakest aspects on the show. See S3 Bangel, S5 Briley & pretty much all of Spuffy. That's not even counting Parker or Scott. 😩
Because this was a thread asking who out of the selection of main relationships you would prefer, rather than a thread asking if you would want her with no-one and why...

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Other. I mean, my the end of the TV series I feel that every relationship contributed to Buffy's journey and there wasn't really any need for her to re-visit any of them. She was transitioning. I often liked Buffy more when she wasn't jonesing for some guy.
So..something new?

Like with maybe a super-powered person who's strong and tough and fearless and can totally get the slayer lifestyle and go out in the day and stuff...
Also forehead-kisses count as valid shipper material, just so you know.

B
Btvs fan
So youre saying Clem too then 😏
Taake
Taake
So obscure, who could you be talking about? :p

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
@Foxy Are you serious? I've never known anyone else that favored them.
Well yeah. I dislike all (Spike, Angel and Riley). Like Parker was not great to her but was honest and he hurt her the least of all the boyfriends. I think the Parker story line was super interesting too. Had a lot of potential.

Though I dig Buffy/Satsu from the comics. I am big on unpopular opinions :)

Even more obscure I recently found this amazing Buffy/Tara fanfic. Now that's an otp lol. I don't really read fic or ship much, but I loved that fic.

Puppet
Puppet
I've read some Buffy/Tara and def want to read more, it's a fascinating pairing.
Spanky
Spanky
Awesome! Parker wasn't all that bad to her either. A lot of the issue was Buffy. They were the most realistic couple out of all of them.
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
mostly agree, but can't stand Tara with anyone but Willow!
thetopher
thetopher
Well, Tara was there for Buffy when she was at her lowest. 'S nice. :)

genghiskhan

God among men
all her relationships annoyed me. My problem with bangel is that angel was boring in Buffy and they were obsessed with each other and I'm not really into that ( I liked him in Ats). And spike and Buffy I was kind of okay with in season 7 but i felt that they should have dealt with some stuff first.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I chose Angel because it was set up as a OTP who can't be together because of the curse. However, if Angel wasn't an option, I'd choose other.

However, I like the idea one here came up with: Cuffy (Clem and Buffy).
Cuffy would only occur during Season 6 in my view. Buffy would use him to make herself feel better then feel guilty afterwards because he is a nice guy. Clem would have feelings for her which would make Buffy feel even more guilty.

Top Bottom