• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

So, what made you laugh like a lunatic today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antho

Scooby
Today It’s my brother in law’s birthday . I offer him a pair of shoes. I spent the last 45 minutes to pack it up. This is how I packed up his presents :

Yes, you can laugh at me.. but I’m going to offer him his present like this because I know I can’t do better and god knows If I try to pack it up in a more proper way I’m going to destroy everything around me.

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Sweet :D
Priceless
Priceless
That took you 45 minutes? :D
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
And on the other side of the hill .. .. ..

TriBel

Scooby
Yes, you can laugh at me.. but I’m going to offer him his present like this because I know I can’t do better and god knows If I try to pack it up in a more proper way I’m going to destroy everything around me.
I am laughing (in a nice way). You're such a man! 😄 My eldest son wraps presents worse than that. He uses half a roll of tape; a whole roll of paper and the gift still falls out of the wrapping when you pick it up. 🙄 I measure; make crisp folds and add bows. Maybe the ability to wrap is related to male/female hormones? 😂

Antho
Antho
You could be right I’m afraid as a man I don’t have this ability. I don’t have the good fingers 😂

TriBel

Scooby
Nah, unless is a box I'm crap at it, not @Antho bad, but definitely could be neater.
I'm sticking to my theory...it doesn't matter whether Men are from Mars and Women from Venus, the ability to wrap is a defining characteristic of sex. 😄 You're right though: a box makes all the difference. TBH, I save a few delivery boxes for that purpose. Socks in large Toblerone boxes make a deceptive surprise...and you get to eat the chocolate first!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Keeper of the Flame of Utter Boredom
Black Thorn
I love wrapping. Been doing it since I was a kid. Best part is getting someone a gift, put it in a small box, wrap it nicely, then put it in a slightly larger box, wrap THAT...and so on and so on. The most I've done is six separately wrapped boxes for one gift. (Of course, you have to weigh it down a bit, so it feels right) At first people laugh, but after they've opened the third or fourth gift, they get suspicious.

No one trusts me anymore.

M

M

I love wrapping. Been doing it since I was a kid. Best part is getting someone a gift, put it in a small box, wrap it nicely, then put it in a slightly larger box, wrap THAT...and so on and so on. The most I've done is six separately wrapped boxes for one gift. (Of course, you have to weigh it down a bit, so it feels right) At first people laugh, but after they've opened the third or fourth gift, they get suspicious.

No one trusts me anymore.
I've always wanted to try this. You sound like a great gift giver to me! I'm usually the one putting together elaborate gifts and/or gift presentations for other people. Although, I have been known for the odd sneaky gift, like vomit flavored jelly beans, or coal that is actually cinnamon candy and turns your tongue black.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
I've always wanted to try this. You sound like a great gift giver to me! I'm usually the one putting together elaborate gifts and/or gift presentations for other people. Although, I have been known for the odd sneaky gift, like vomit flavored jelly beans, or coal that is actually cinnamon candy and turns your tongue black.
It is SO much fun!!! I'm very detail-oriented, and seriously enjoy wrapping gifts.

I also LOVE joke gifts. There was a place in San Francisco that had the best stuff ever. There were these little pellets you'd stuff into the end of a cigarette, hidden by the tobacco. If someone asked for a cigarette, I was more than happy to oblige! (What can I say, I'm a giver!) After three puffs, the thing went off like a small firecracker...no one would be hurt, it was just a HUGE noise that caused great amusement to everyone...except for the person who was smoking it, of course. 🥳

About fifteen years ago, the family went to Duke's Malibu for Mother's Day. (Lots of families, kids, y'know, the typical Mother's Day crowd) So, it's gift time. Mom opens most of them, yet suspiciously eyes mine. Finally she opens it, and starts laughing so hard she nearly cried. In fact, once it was activated, we had a small crowd around our table.

She insisted on mounting it at the front entrance of her home, but after awhile, she got tired of ducking the motion activated fish. So it went in the closet. 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: M
M

M

It is SO much fun!!! I'm very detail-oriented, and seriously enjoy wrapping gifts.

I also LOVE joke gifts. There was a place in San Francisco that had the best stuff ever. There were these little pellets you'd stuff into the end of a cigarette, hidden by the tobacco. If someone asked for a cigarette, I was more than happy to oblige! (What can I say, I'm a giver!) After three puffs, the thing went off like a small firecracker...no one would be hurt, it was just a HUGE noise that caused great amusement to everyone...except for the person who was smoking it, of course. 🥳

About fifteen years ago, the family went to Duke's Malibu for Mother's Day. (Lots of families, kids, y'know, the typical Mother's Day crowd) So, it's gift time. Mom opens most of them, yet suspiciously eyes mine. Finally she opens it, and starts laughing so hard she nearly cried. In fact, once it was activated, we had a small crowd around our table.

She insisted on mounting it at the front entrance of her home, but after awhile, she got tired of ducking the motion activated fish. So it went in the closet. 😆
If I run out of ideas, I'm hitting you up for a few.

On a separate note, I have a feeling that if we had met in person, instead of online, we would have already set off some kind of global chain reaction by now.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
If I run out of ideas, I'm hitting you up for a few.

On a separate note, I have a feeling that if we had met in person, instead of online, we would have already set off some kind of global chain reaction by now.
Feel free! I've been pranking people for EONS.

There's a few of us anarchists floating around here, lurking amidst the semi-abandoned dorms and snack machines. Occasionally we put out bear traps in the halls...just for fun! I mean, people don't REALLY need two legs, right?! 😈

• Haha
Reactions: M

thrasherpix

Scooby

Gods, how I'd love to show that 2nd image to that go in s1 Buffy who said if you're not jacked in then you're not alive.

And on reflection...I guess the wardrobe on s1-2 Buffy was better than what most of us wore to school (more specifically, what we were ALLOWED to wear to school).

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Mostly I just wrap stuff in tinfoil because zero effort + shiny and festive!

bonus: you’re not stuck with left over wrapping paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom