• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

"Sometimes I lie" (bookclub)

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hey guys, as you can see here, SMG is set to star in a new series based on the book Sometimes I lie by Allice Feeney Sarah Michelle Gellar set to star in new series

Since this book club (Buffy-Boards Book Club: Slayer - Kiersten White - Sign Up thread!) has been postpone, waiting for the release of Kiersten White's Slayer outside of the US, I thought we could do a quick book inbetween.

Sometimes-I-Lie-jkt.jpg
Plot:

My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me:
1. I’m in a coma.
2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie.

Amber wakes up in a hospital. She can’t move. She can’t speak. She can’t open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they have no idea. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, this brilliant psychological thriller asks: Is something really a lie if you believe it's the truth?

I found the audiobook on my streaming serivce, so I will be listening to that.
The paperback is about 387 pages, the audiobook about 9 hours long, so it's a fairly short book that I think we can get through before the end of February.

I will be posting my thoughts on the book based on the chapters and anyone who's interested in joining is welcome to do so. We'll work out a way to mark spoilers so people can join the thread without getting future chapters ruined for them. :)

NeonSlayer

Potential
I put it on request. It'll probably be in on Friday. If not then Monday.

I'm going to look for it at the thrift store since I need to own my own copy.

Screenshot_20190110-023722.png

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Good idea :) Haha @NeonSlayer great minds think alike! My laptop is over heating and it took me that long to check the library. Mine doesn't have it but there are a few secondhand book stores I can check next city trip.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
From the perspective of a coma patient going in and out of reality, it is. I didn't say it was a ripoff of it...

Spanky
Spanky
It's not really going in and out of reality though.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
From the perspective of a coma patient going in and out of reality, it is.
It's three timelines. Long past (childhood), recent past (just before the coma) and present (her being in the coma narrating)

W

WillowFromBuffy

Is the title a pun? I notice people often pronounce "lay" as "lie."

Spanky

Black Thorn
I just put in a hold request at my library, hopefully I get it soon.
I could do libraries if it weren't such a pain in the arse. To have to pay to park, walk amongst the homeless and the other undesirables. Get a library card.

brinkster130
brinkster130
that sucks that you have to pay to park at your library

Spanky

Black Thorn
@brinkster130 The worst part is there are only like six meters on the front facing side and those are generally always full; so you have to actually pay to park in their garage.

brinkster130
brinkster130
That would probably make me use the library a lot less. Shame.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I never park at the library. I park at the bottom of the hill in free parking and walk up.

Parking at the library just screams "I'm rich enough to read, rob me".

Last edited:

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Once you have a library card, you can get the eBooks without having to actually go to the library.

Spanky
Spanky
O Rly. Ok. My inner little nerd or geek got really excited to hear that. My life is pathetic getting excited over free ebooks.

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
I will be putting up threads for this shortly, dividing the book up in different sections for discussion so no one has to be spoiled when we read at different speeds.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Just found it for a little bit over 3 quid on Amazon UK. I thought it'd be worth a punt for that. In other words I'm in!:p It should arrive the end of the week:)

Top Bottom