• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Soul Trade: Prologue to Chapter 3 (pages 1-77)

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Share your thoughts on the prologue and first three chapters

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
written as I'm reading

Can't believe that, of all the names in his thank-you notes, he misspelled Joss Whedon :D:D:D

It's not the author's fault, but as I read the prologue, I keep having to remind myself that it's taking place in the 1999-2000 period, cause my mind keeps picturing the 1970s, for some reason...

I kinda like this line - he'd used up all his rainy days.

The conversation between Bentone and Meskal is very book-like, but not very reality-based.

not the dogs o_O

Since when are trolls canon? I mean, I know it's possible, but with Angel supposedly 'hating trolls' you'd think there'd been an episode about it :p

Okay, the dog puns stop being funny when they're overused, dude.

What's with the 'ye' when Doyle is speaking? That's gonna get old, really fast.

Nsync reference, heh :D

The thing with Verna - cool as the nightmare sequence was - seemed just an excuse to get Doyle away from Angel, but I'll allow it if Verna shows up again later.

Why would the troll's words get to Angel? Buffy is constantly dealing with non-apocalyptic battles, too, why should he be any different? This makes the kind of sense that doesn't...

I like the coupon detail with Cordelia, I never thought of that before, but it makes sense.
Here's my only issue, though, and it's a tiny one; I feel that she would be quick to hide the coupon clipping once Angel entered the office, but maybe that's just me.

Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed. The book format is an opportunity to really give us a look into Doyle's head when he's having a vision, but the reality was very...lackluster.

The part with Cordelia distracting the nurses was wonderful because the author remembered that she's a bad actress and so the turn it took felt believable.

And here I thought it was canon that Drusilla was the worst thing Angelus ever did...nice to know I was wrong.

finished

Okay, so it's not amazing or anything, not that I was expecting that, but I don't have a problem continuing. I suppose I've just read too much fanfiction that was much better (and more in-character) than this and that kinda messes with my head a bit :p

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've finished this part, I found the prologue hard to get through, a what's the point of this part.

Was the missing children case really needed? I get it was to question Angel of what he was doing, but it had a lot of Angel killing dogs and not much else.

I do like the reference to his sister though and hope we get more of it later.

Top Bottom