• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spander in textbooks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spanky
Spanky
I didn't really want to open a thread and read about Spike ejaculate.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Amazing! Do you have the title of that book?

My old uni mentor who is a Washington Irving scholar once told me about a paper she presented on Snape and Lupin slash to an audience of stuffy old men. I winced slightly and asked, "Is that Lupin as man or Lupin as wolf?" She said, "It was Lupin as a man, and they were still shocked!" She was so enthusiastic about it. It was her teenage daughter and her group of friends who had introduced her to transformative fiction.

sosa lola
sosa lola
LOL! That's so cool! I can imagine the men's shock.
They discuss slash fics! Most importantly Xander/Spike slash fics! I want this book!
I've just accessed it (we have an e-copy of the book in the library at work). The page you show is from the second edition (2014). I've had a quick look at the chapter and it doesn't discuss Xander/Spike slash fic at length - it's primarily concerned with critical frameworks (begins with Barthes The Pleasure of the Text and moves onto Bakhtin's Carnivalesque etc.). In fact, as far as I can tell there's only a couple of lines about it. Sorry! :(

I've just accessed it (we have an e-copy of the book in the library at work). The page you show is from the second edition (2014). I've had a quick look at the chapter and it doesn't discuss Xander/Spike slash fic at length - it's primarily concerned with critical frameworks (begins with Barthes The Pleasure of the Text and moves onto Bakhtin's Carnivalesque etc.). In fact, as far as I can tell there's only a couple of lines about it. Sorry! :(
Yeah, I checked it out and was disappointed that it was so little. :(

Yeah, I checked it out and was disappointed that it was so little. :(
There's a book called Buffy and Angel Conquer the Internet: Essays on Online Fandom edited by Mary Kirby Diaz. It mentions slash but not (as far as I can see) Spander specifically. I recognise some of the names from Buffy scholarship and I suspect some of them may also be writers. It's 2010 so a bit dated but if I come across anything interesting I'll let you know.

No! I found this photo in Tumblr! I wanna know the title of the book!
I read the text in the photo and I fail to see how the positioning of Spike and Xander would be physically possible unless they're suddenly both contortionists. Spike would not be able to ejaculate on both his and Xander's chests if Xander was still positioned in his ass.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
I read the text in the photo and I fail to see how the positioning of Spike and Xander would be physically possible unless they're suddenly both contortionists. Spike would not be able to ejaculate on both his and Xander's chests if Xander was still positioned in his ass.
Imagine them facing each other and Spike's legs resting atop Xander's shoulders. I reckon it could be done :p

Never try to make sense of sex in fanfiction. You will lose your mind. I admit I always skip the sex scenes. I read for the plot and the building up of the characters' relationships.

Imagine them facing each other and Spike's legs resting atop Xander's shoulders. I reckon it could be done :p
Spike would still not be able to reach both their chests.

Never try to make sense of sex in fanfiction. You will lose your mind. I admit I always skip the sex scenes. I read for the plot and the building up of the characters' relationships.
So true.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Guys, family friendly forum, let's not be so graphic in the speculations.

Yeah, let's leave the graphic stuff for the kids to talk and make fanart about on their own. :p

Hmmm...I wonder just how much erotic fanfic (perhaps even the featured Spnder fic in this thread?) are written by underage teens....it would explain so much! ;)

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
They can do whatever they want, but they can't do it here ;)

Top Bottom