• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Speculation on Season 11 #12?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but the promo for Season 11 #12 is:

In the season finale, with the lives of both humans and magical beings hanging in the balance, the battle between Buffy--once again the Chosen One--and the Big Bad comes to its zenith . . . And the world will never be the same!
(Not sure if solicitations count as spoilers but I want to be safe.)

Any speculation on how we might get to that for Buffy?

It sounds like all the other Slayers have lost their powers. I'm, guessing the machine has been used on them, but that means their powers can be returned. I'm still waiting to see who the BB of the season actually is.

When I first read it I had assumed it meant the other slayers were depowered but it may have just been referring to the fact that Buffy just got her powers back. I'd still guess the former, but it is a possible alt. read.

I've felt the scythe was being really heavily flagged in the story a few times (Buffy taking it with her into the safe zone, the weight of it when she lost her powers, Jordan passing it back to her, her passing it on to Faith, needing to smuggle it back in, it being returned to her, and probably more I'm forgetting off the top of my head). So if there is some depowering, considering its role in powering up too, I'd guess that would be involved. I'm not sure they will actually go there though as it could be seen in a very negative light, to take back the power that was considered 'right' for them to have released and not to be kept from the potentials, so I'm not sure.

Mrs Gordo

And then she comes along...
Black Thorn
Did Faith lose her powers as well? What does this mean for Faith? Even if all the activated slayers lost their powers Faith was technically in line wasn't it?

I haven't read Season 11 yet so I'm probably missing a big chunk here but that line just made me think of Faith.

It sounds like all the other Slayers have lost their powers. I'm, guessing the machine has been used on them, but that means their powers can be returned. I'm still waiting to see who the BB of the season actually is.
“We’re launching the first satellite tomorrow with a wide range magic absorption ray. By the next day it’ll start draining all the magic out of every one in the good old US of A – including you”. Which suggests she somehow avoided the machine - or she stopped it and drew the power back in with the scythe - or it's an alternative source. Geographically, how spread out are the slayers? Has the BB targeted just the Slayers? I'd guessed it was a game changer.

I'm a good (lapsed) Catholic - I'm going with an Annunciation! :)

Sineya
Did Faith lose her powers as well? What does this mean for Faith? Even if all the activated slayers lost their powers Faith was technically in line wasn't it?

I haven't read Season 11 yet so I'm probably missing a big chunk here but that line just made me think of Faith.
I thought of Faith too because technically all the new slayers weren't chosen anyway, so there were always only two living chosen slayers. But what do I know I haven't read the comics :D

Most of the Slayers still have their power because they are are working for the government and are guards as the safe zone. Buffy only lost her powers because that was the forfeit for leaving the zone (Willow had to give up her powers too) Faith did not lose her powers because last we saw she was in the UK, she came back to the US to help Buffy. They broke back into the zone and Buffy and Willow had their powers returned.

“We’re launching the first satellite tomorrow with a wide range magic absorption ray. By the next day it’ll start draining all the magic out of every one in the good old US of A – including you”. Which suggests she somehow avoided the machine - or she stopped it and drew the power back in with the scythe - or it's an alternative source. Geographically, how spread out are the slayers? Has the BB targeted just the Slayers? I'd guessed it was a game changer.

I'm a good (lapsed) Catholic - I'm going with an Annunciation! :)
Sounds like Dawn does open a portal and saves them. Willow's magic has to stop that satellite somehow. I just don't know how they are going to bring down the government :) As for an Annunciation, well you've convinced me, and certainly Buffy's world will never be the same

As for an Annunciation, well you've convinced me, and certainly Buffy's world will never be the same
Don't be convinced - it was partly facetious (who'd have thought that?:)) and partly feasible. Sigh - if only there was an angel about when you needed one. I'm going to stop making stuff up. It's just that it's fractionally more interesting for a Saturday night than Marx' model of Base/Superstructure :(. I need a life - or a drink.

Don't be convinced - it was partly facetious (who'd have thought that?:)) and partly feasible. Sigh - if only there was an angel about when you needed one. I'm going to stop making stuff up. It's just that it's fractionally more interesting for a Saturday night than Marx' model of Base/Superstructure :(. I need a life - or a drink.
Well it better happen because I'm knitting booties :D It's as feasible as anything else in a fantasy, so there's no reason why is couldn't happen. The spoiler says the world will change forever, so something new is coming . . . and hey they once had Buffy and Angel trying to shag a world into existance . . . now I needed a drink after I read that :D

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
When I first read it I had assumed it meant the other slayers were depowered but it may have just been referring to the fact that Buffy just got her powers back. I'd still guess the former, but it is a possible alt. read.
Oh, I never even thought of that. I'm hoping that it's not just referring to Buffy having her powers back but you're right that it could be read that way.

So if there is some depowering, considering its role in powering up too, I'd guess that would be involved. I'm not sure they will actually go there though as it could be seen in a very negative light, to take back the power that was considered 'right' for them to have released and not to be kept from the potentials, so I'm not sure.
Yeah, I think it would have to be temporary if the other slayers are depowered, and you're right that the scythe will probably be involved. I wonder if they'll find a way to temporarily transfer the stolen power from the ray into Buffy so she is powerful enough to take on the Big Bad. So she's the chosen one again, but in the sense that she's been picked by all the good guys to get extra power.

As for an Annunciation, well you've convinced me, and certainly Buffy's world will never be the same
I feel like the ship has sailed on a virgin birth. ;););)

Maybe it's due to the fanfic I'm currently reading, but could it be that this organisation that is behind everything consists of former Intiative and surviving Watcher's council members? They couldn't deal with the loss of patriarchal power and the new order set forth by the events of Chosen and Season 8, so they founded a new "Watcher's Initiative" ("copyright" belongs to Loup Noir over at EF), aiming to go back to the good ol' days when everything was black and white, humans good, demons bad, when slayers behaved and did as they were told. Over the course of 11 seasons Buffy moved away from this simple dichotomy into the grey areas. So what could possibly piss this WI more off than if those shades of grey (pun intended) take (living) form? But I guess I'm getting ahead of myself .... Yet I've been sold to that p...spec since issue 3 (I think? That kick in the womb Buffy got looked nasty). Also, we're an issue from the finale and I barely can remember when we've last seen Giles. Coincidence?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Maybe it's due to the fanfic I'm currently reading, but could it be that this organisation that is behind everything consists of former Intiative and surviving Watcher's council members? They couldn't deal with the loss of patriarchal power and the new order set forth by the events of Chosen and Season 8, so they founded a new "Watcher's Initiative" ("copyright" belongs to Loup Noir over at EF), aiming to go back to the good ol' days when everything was black and white, humans good, demons bad, when slayers behaved and did as they were told. Over the course of 11 seasons Buffy moved away from this simple dichotomy into the grey areas. So what could possibly piss this WI more off than if those shades of grey (pun intended) take (living) form?
Ooh, that's an interesting idea.

Also, we're an issue from the finale and I barely can remember when we've last seen Giles. Coincidence?
Wasn't Joss supposed to do a Giles miniseries that got shelved? Giles' adventures in junior high?

Wasn't Joss supposed to do a Giles miniseries that got shelved? Giles' adventures in junior high?
Really? :eek: How did I miss that info? I would have loved to see that! Too bad! :( But if BtVS can go back to season one for the High School Years, a future Giles comic could go back to season 11 at any point. ;)

It wouldn't surprise me if The Initiative were involved, and that includes Riley and Sam. I didn't like the way they dealt with Buffy in issue 7. Sam even had her hand on her gun, ready to pull it on Buffy :mad:

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
As far as I know, Faith got drained too. Buffy asks Willow if Faith would lose her powers and she confirmed it. Which sucks- Faith was part of the true Slayer line. I hope that Faith at least gets her powers back next issue.

No Giles is kind of an issue. Although in season 10, he seemed quite adamant about wanting to be a kid and letting the others figure out the trouble about the Big Bad.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
As far as I know, Faith got drained too. Buffy asks Willow if Faith would lose her powers and she confirmed it. Which sucks- Faith was part of the true Slayer line. I hope that Faith at least gets her powers back next issue.
Yeah, I didn't understand this! The empowerment spell was not responsible for giving Faith her powers, so how could it take them away? I guess it was more of a new spell than a reversal, even if they called it that.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Yeah, I didn't understand this! The empowerment spell was not responsible for giving Faith her powers, so how could it take them away? I guess it was more of a new spell than a reversal, even if they called it that.
I watched idkmybffjill730's Youtube video about him raging about this.

But the question remains though- how does draining the slayers of their power help Buffy? Buffy didn't lose any of her strength when Willow first cast the spell in season 7; it gave powers to those who were Potentials.
Or are we going for a season 8 vibe with this? So when Slayers die, Buffy gets more power?

I feel sorry for Faith. And just how she agreed straight away to give her powers up. She's was a Slayer since she was around 16/17ish. To drain her powers... I feel like she gets the raw end of the deal.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I watched idkmybffjill730's Youtube video about him raging about this.
I'll have to look that up. :) Thanks.

But the question remains though- how does draining the slayers of their power help Buffy?
Willow said that the powers given to the potential slayers had "grown" in them, so I assumed it was related to that. Not sure though.

I feel sorry for Faith. And just how she agreed straight away to give her powers up.
I think it would have been really interesting if there had been a reason for Faith to be the one to get the power. It would have been a cool moment for both characters.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I'll have to look that up. :) Thanks.
I enjoy his videos. He does a recap for each issue of Buffy and Angel, plus little skits in between seasons, which are hilarious!

I think it would have been really interesting if there had been a reason for Faith to be the one to get the power. It would have been a cool moment for both characters.
I would of loved for Faith to have the power. Would of been nice if she had the Scythe for longer too.

Top Bottom