• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spike and Faith as a couple?

Stephan

It's a great show. But no need to get all riled up
Sigh... clearly I'm in the minority :(. Well, what about Spike and Faith? What are your thoughts? Same questions.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Yeah I could see Spike and Faith, they had chemistry in season 7.

Btvs fan

Scooby
Sigh... clearly I'm in the minority :(. Well, what about Spike and Faith? What are your thoughts? Same questions.
They did have some chemistry from the scenes they had but those scenes were limited and they needed more screen time for a yay or nay

white avenger

white avenger
Sigh... clearly I'm in the minority
Hey, I've been saying for quite awhile that a Spike/Faith hook up could make for some interesting situations. When Faith was coming on to Spike in the basement in Season 7, and Buffy walked in, I was really hoping that things would begin to escalate. (Remember when Buffy was fantasizing about Spike and Angel, "with some oil involved?") Unfortunately, it just wasn't to be.

Beyond Season 7, I think that if Spike and Faith were ever teamed up for any great amount of time, things would happen. They both know the difference between romance and recreation, and they could have some great recreation together.

Last edited:

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
I can’t picture it, personally. They had a bit of flirty chemistry, true, but I just can’t see it going beyond that. They just don’t seem like each other’s types / fitting their needs or personalities

I like Faith, but I just can’t see her as someone Spike would have a serious interest in, in that sense I feel like Fred had more genuine chemistry with Spike. Faith is too... volatile.

That said, I don’t think Faith would’ve been into Spike either. I think that deep down he is too much of a poet for her, and too much bad boy surface added to that. I think Buffy sees through the facade, Faith would be annoyed by it.

Maybe if they’d spent more time together it would’ve changed, but from what we saw I can only picture some emotionally distant flirting for fun.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Faith needed someone a little more stable to balance out her mercurial personality. That is why she and Robin worked well together or even she and Wes would be a good match. I also agree with what someone said above that Fred/Illyria would be a better match for Spike than Faith.

katmobile

Scooby
I can see post season twelve when they've calmed down a lot. I can see Faith seems more ready for an actual relationship and he's become a lot less needy and maybe ready to move on.

Leo

"Mist... cemetery... Halloween. Should end well."
For me it was a huge yay but I’m not sure that they’d have worked out as a couple. Faith is difficult and cagey, and Spike has a huge mouth and often says the wrong things. I guess S7 Spike would be a better fit for Faith but thinking about a real relationship between them is going too far. I agree that they definitely had strong fling potential though.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Like, that's the massive cheesy Darth Vader at the end of ROTS 'NO!' It's an awful pairing, and it always seems to be from the point of view of Spike fans, about about Spike 'getting' a slayer or some male-entitlement crap. 'Oh, Buffy doesn't realize what a great guy he is but there's Faith, she's a slayer, she's hot, why should Spike get her.' *skin crawls*

Bleagh! Someone tell me what the appeal is for Faith in this scenario? They don't know each other, their world views are completely antithetical and their similarities are really superficial; why would she give any effort or time for this romantically affected, 'poetic-souled' momma's boy? It's a baffling pairing since they are not each other's type at all.

One saving grace about not getting a Faith the Vampire Slayer series is that we avoided Faith and ghost-Spike trekking across America together, which would've triggered more material this god-awful partnership.
As it is its nothing but 'fight-flirt-fight-flirt' over and over. It's the most boring slayer-vampire match I can think of.

But that's the complete jackass with a soul and reformed S7 Faith...But chipped demon-Spike and rogue slayer Faith? Sure, that could be fun for a little while. No longevity or seriousness in it but whatever,. she's more interesting than Harmony.

Stephan

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Like, that's the massive cheesy Darth Vader at the end of ROTS 'NO!' It's an awful pairing, and it always seems to be from the point of view of Spike fans, about about Spike 'getting' a slayer or some male-entitlement crap. 'Oh, Buffy doesn't realize what a great guy he is but there's Faith, she's a slayer, she's hot, why should Spike get her.' *skin crawls*

Bleagh! Someone tell me what the appeal is for Faith in this scenario? They don't know each other, their world views are completely antithetical and their similarities are really superficial; why would she give any effort or time for this romantically affected, 'poetic-souled' momma's boy? It's a baffling pairing since they are not each other's type at all.

One saving grace about not getting a Faith the Vampire Slayer series is that we avoided Faith and ghost-Spike trekking across America together, which would've triggered more material this god-awful partnership.
As it is its nothing but 'fight-flirt-fight-flirt' over and over. It's the most boring slayer-vampire match I can think of.

But that's the complete jackass with a soul and reformed S7 Faith...But chipped demon-Spike and rogue slayer Faith? Sure, that could be fun for a little while. No longevity or seriousness in it but whatever,. she's more interesting than Harmony.
Oh, right, because in my original thread asking about Angel and Faith, I was secretly asking/hoping/wishing that Spike could get a Slayer (anyone, hey, maybe Kennedy or Rona?)… oh, wait, no, it wasn’t. It was about the on-screen chemistry that I saw. I ship Angel and Faith, but I felt (like many many others) that Spike and Faith had amazing chemistry and it’d have been great to explore IMO.

Why twist a simple question into “let’s hate Spike” when the original question(s) referred to Faith and two possible pairings? So far people responding in both threads had been amazing exposing the merits or flaws of such parings, it’s great to have those sort of responses instead of jumping into a completely different topic or giving a misleading answer to further an agenda.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Oh, right, because in my original thread asking about Angel and Faith, I was secretly asking/hoping/wishing that Spike could get a Slayer (anyone, hey, maybe Kennedy or Rona?)… oh, wait, no, it wasn’t.
Maybe calm down for a sec? I felt that it was obvious that my response was deliberately hyperbolic and jokey but apparently it wasn't.
I've seen this pairing-question before and I've never seen the appeal beyond the superficial. If your not open to all opinions without getting butt-hurt then don't ask the question in the first place....

Also I don't ship Spike with Kennedy or Rona because even I don't want to see him in that much pain. :p

It was about the on-screen chemistry that I saw. I ship Angel and Faith, but I felt (like many many others) that Spike and Faith had amazing chemistry and it’d have been great to explore IMO.
Meh, Spike and Faith have sexual chemistry with most other characters if they wanna so of course that one scene where they're not hitting each other is the one that people like.
What's there to explore about their relationship? What do they have in common?

Why twist a simple question into “let’s hate Spike”
Because I hate Spike with a soul?
I did actually point out that I would like the pairing under certain circumstances. Demon-Spike and Faith would probably be hotter than Spuffy.

t’s great to have those sort of responses instead of jumping into a completely different topic or giving a misleading answer to further an agenda.
Dude, I literally just answered the question. I wasn't misleading and I don't have an agenda. Stop shipper-projecting.

Stephan

Maybe calm down for a sec? I felt that it was obvious that my response was deliberately hyperbolic and jokey but apparently it wasn't.
I've seen this pairing-question before and I've never seen the appeal beyond the superficial. If your not open to all opinions without getting butt-hurt then don't ask the question in the first place....

Also I don't ship Spike with Kennedy or Rona because even I don't want to see him in that much pain. :p

Meh, Spike and Faith have sexual chemistry with most other characters if they wanna so of course that one scene where they're not hitting each other is the one that people like.
What's there to explore about their relationship? What do they have in common?

Because I hate Spike with a soul?
I did actually point out that I would like the pairing under certain circumstances. Demon-Spike and Faith would probably be hotter than Spuffy.

Dude, I literally just answered the question. I wasn't misleading and I don't have an agenda. Stop shipper-projecting.
Sure enough, your comment was a joke, based on your type of responses I can clearly see that (this is real sarcasm). Funny enough, for the last month the interaction in the BB has been respectful and lighthearted even among people with completely opposing views, clearly something changed this weekend that we have you back. Thanks for your input (this is sarcasm as well, in case it’s not clear).

Last edited:
r2dh2
r2dh2
Sometimes respect seems to be underrated... hey, I have a thread for underrated/overrated stuff, we can add it!

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I can ship Faith with almost anyone. She and Spike as characters could have chemistry with almost anyone. I think Spike and Faith have a lot in common, they're sort of the other side of the coin to both Buffy and Angel. I don't imagine them being in a long term relationship, but a summer fling type thing, heck yeah!
When Faith was coming on to Spike in the basement in Season 7, and Buffy walked in, I was really hoping that things would begin to escalate
Yep! That was hot! I think Faith was down for something to happen, too bad season 7 Buffy was kind of a buzzkill.

Top Bottom