• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spike and Faith as a couple?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I don’t know, they had nice energy between them in the basement scene but that’s because they were both curious and somewhat intrigued by each other. And they’re both naturally flirty. I think they could benefit from having each other around but maybe as friends. Even a friendship between them wouldn’t be easy because Buffy still loves to bicker with Faith (but it’s largely shallow) and Spike follows Buffy blindly so it’s kind of a recipe for disaster 🤷🏻‍♀️

The actors have chemistry with just about everyone but i dont think their characters did together. The scenes most people like between them were too deliberately written for the purpose of a different ship. I just didn't feel it. I dont believe Faith would be instant pals with Spike just because Buffy says he's good.

But, lets say they went there -
After the honeymoon period, it would start becoming violent from the highs and lows of their relationship. Spike is too needy and Faith hasn't got the patience to play mother. I could imagine every argument they had they would be throwing Buffy and Angel in each others face. It would probably be Faith ending it by doing something she knew would force Spike to walk away for good.

white avenger

white avenger
Almost anyone, with that logic, do you think Faith was a bisexual female?
I would say that Faith would be open to a girl/girl relationship if the opportunity and the right girl came along, but not actively bisexual, if you understand my meaning. And, no, I am not implying that I think that Faith has been secretly pining away for Buffy for all these years. What I am saying, is that, under specific circumstances, Faith might be open to the possibility, at least for a short term affair, which might, or might not, develop into something longer lived. Pretty much the same thing that we saw happen with Buffy and Satsu in Season 8.

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
I would say that Faith would be open to a girl/girl relationship if the opportunity and the right girl came along, but not actively bisexual, if you understand my meaning. And, no, I am not implying that I think that Faith has been secretly pining away for Buffy for all these years. What I am saying, is that, under specific circumstances, Faith might be open to the possibility, at least for a short term affair, which might, or might not, develop into something longer lived. Pretty much the same thing that we saw happen with Buffy and Satsu in Season 8.
For a American TV series from a poor networks (WB and UPN), and was around during the late 1990's and into the early 2000's. It had more female characters who could be written to be bisexual females. True, Tara was a lesbian only and Willow was branded to be bisexual with her relationship with Tara and other women. Lesbians and bisexual females was just treated as normal without any debate being negative of positive.

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
I definitely saw possibilities of a connection between them. It was never fleshed out enough, unfortunately, but I think they could have been seriously hot together.

katmobile

Scooby
I definitely saw possibilities of a connection between them. It was never fleshed out enough, unfortunately, but I think they could have been seriously hot together.
I can see it in the comics when they've both developed more as people.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Also I don't ship Spike with Kennedy or Rona because even I don't want to see him in that much pain. :p
Nobody deserves to be in that much pain. :p Maybe that's why Willow really hooked up with Kennedy, she saw it as her penance for Dark Willow?

Meh, Spike and Faith have sexual chemistry with most other characters if they wanna so of course that one scene where they're not hitting each other is the one that people like. What's there to explore about their relationship? What do they have in common?
I agree. Spike and Faith's view on love is polar opposites. Spike is all in, Faith thinks its none existent. Also Spike was committed to Dru for over 100 years, Faith's commitment to men lasts until the sex is finished then she's gone.

Faith and Robin Wood were a lazy pairing and I dislike how he kind of puts her down and emotionally manipulates her into giving him more of her time.

thetopher
thetopher
Agreed. Surely Spike deserves somebody who appreciates his romantic nature? Faith would not.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Sure enough, your comment was a joke, based on your type of responses I can clearly see that (this is real sarcasm). Funny enough, for the last month the interaction in the BB has been respectful and lighthearted even among people with completely opposing views, clearly something changed this weekend that we have you back. Thanks for your input (this is sarcasm as well, in case it’s not clear).
You don’t get to dictate who responds to your threads and what an acceptable tone of response is.

Also, insinuating that one member has turned discussion disrespectful is unnacceptable. You are being rude and disrespectful yourself, consider your own attitude before attacking others.

Top Bottom