• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spike And The Demon Eggs

white avenger

white avenger
This is just one of those random thoughts that seem to pop up in my head occasionally. One of the most troubling things about those eggs, what I call the "Suvolte Conspiracy Theory," and the Suvolte demon itself, has always been the question of, how did she manage to lay that many eggs, of that size, relative to the demon itself, in so short a time (Riley and Sam had been chasing it all the way from South America, and they had just arrived in Sunnydale, so it couldn't have had that much of a lead on them). What if the whole Suvolte egg thing was either just a ruse to give a more or less logical reason to ever drag Buffy into the chase at all, or just a mistake on Riley's part? This would in no way either confirm nor deny Spike's guilt as the Doctor, but it could instead be just an incredible, unfortunate, coincidence with the worst possible result.

What if the Suvolte never did actually lay its eggs, and the eggs that Spike was guarding, whether innocently, "for a friend," or actually for an international arms deal, were the mantis eggs from Season One? Certainly, the hatchlings looked more like insects that the bipedal upright walking demon that Riley was chasing. Maybe Riley either didn't know, or actually recognized the difference, but chose to exploit it in order to implicate "Ass Face" Spike depending on your interpretation. The only other one who would actually know would have been Spike himself, and he was never given any opportunity to actually explain what the eggs were.

So, whadda you think? Mantis eggs, which would finally answer the long standing question of what became of them. and just a terrible case of mistaken parenthood, or I should quit eating pepperoni pizza late at night and let the story, unanswered questions and all, stand as presented?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Spike isn't the Doctor. Nothing he does points to him being the doctor, @katmobile (I think it's her) can link to a post which pretty much spells out why Spike isn't the doctor.

As for the demon eggs, it's possible the eggs are of the Suvolte demon (tadpoles don't look like frogs after all) and the eggs actually got sent to Sunnydale first. The Suvolte demon is tracking them down (like the raptors from Jurassic Park 3) which is why Riley and co hadn't killed the demon yet despite the massive distance between South America and Sunnydale. They didn't want the demon dead, they wanted it to lead them to the eggs then they can destroy both.

We're also assuming the Spike was looking after the eggs for the doctor, but it's possible the person Spike spoke to was an associate of the doctor, therefore SPike has never met the doctor.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Eh, the story works either way. Spike was a hustler trying to survive on the margins of society. Either dealing the eggs directly or holding hot merchandise for a friend would be within his interests. Likewise, Riley's intelligence could have any degree of reliability. I rule out the frame job. Riley is married to a nice tall girl in her middle twenties who likes to kill things, he doesn't need bisexual drama queen with Daddy issues (Hey, it's canon.) Besides, if he wanted Spike dead, he'd have him dead.

Top Bottom