• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Spike as the villain on Angel

Btvs fan

Scooby
OK so as viewer of Buffy when the show aired, between S4 and S5 JM was openly saying he felt Spike could be the villain on Angel as even with the chip he could still hurt Angel.
David Fury in his interview when Crush Aired said something similar saying he felt Spike should go be the villain on Ats .
So how could that work, say post Crush Spike leaves and goes to Ats to become the villain. How could that work, I mean there's only so many time Spike can threaten and try to kill Angel.
Even in In The DarThet seemed a bit ridiculous when Angel beats him up when Spike has a 2 by4 and is then out smarted by Doyle and Cordy , so could it have worked or how ???
Anyway what's people's thoughts
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer love to know your thoughts on this

Stake fodder

Soulless
I think he would have had to be the Big Bad of a season, and killed at the end; or he would have had to pivot to be someone like Merl, selling information and perhaps helping Angel kill demons for cash. The latter option seems more possible, since Spike had already been the Big Bad on BtVS, and because it would keep him around as a recurring character. He could have replaced Lorne in a way, though I don't think turning Spike into a snitch would have been popular with fans.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bleat at me no longer, we are done.
Black Thorn
Spike as the villain? Yes! Imagine if he were still walking through walls and things...he could still talk (threats and all that). He could torment everybody just with his voice! Especially Angel, reminding him of his past sins....plus how DELICIOUS human blood is. Over and over and over. 😅

Btvs fan

Scooby
Spike as the villain? Yes! Imagine if he were still walking through walls and things...he could still talk (threats and all that). He could torment everybody just with his voice! Especially Angel, reminding him of his past sins....plus how DELICIOUS human blood is. Over and over and over. 😅
Well it would've been Spike post Crush but pre S6 and 7. Basically a rejected Spike is forced from Sunnydale and goes to fight Angel who he can still hurt with his chip

telperion66

Potential
I think that having Spike as the main villain on Angel could have worked, and would certainly have whetted the appetite, but I don't think the show runners or the people in power behind the scenes on Buffy would have ever wanted him to be taken away from Buffy as a show.

In an ideal world he would have come in during the middle of season 4, right after Angel kills the Beast, thereby becoming the big bad for the rest of the season. I don't think he would have had the capacity to carry an entire season being the big bad on his own, unless the writers got really creative with flashbacks and other characters and stuff like that. Having him just for the second half would also concentrate and focus the effect he would have brought to season 4, with less of the "filler" narrative that we would have seen if he was on for the whole season.

I definitely wouldn't want to have not experienced what we saw with the Beast, who brought loads to the show in season 4 in my opinion, but the Jasmine stuff was terrible so it would have been awesome to experience Spike on Angel for the second half of that season instead of her.

But, like I say I don't think they'd have ever taken him away from Sunnydale until Buffy was finished as a show, unfortunately!

Great theoretical question!

B
Btvs fan
That was never going to happen especially with the Network move of Buffy. Realistically only after Crush was it doable

Cohen

Hellhound
But, like I say I don't think they'd have ever taken him away from Sunnydale until Buffy was finished as a show, unfortunately!

Great theoretical question!
Agreed. Executives back then were all about propping female main characters with male counterparts! Because (gasp!) no woman could carry her own show without a big, sexy man to prop her up! The horror!

Top Bottom