• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spin-offs that would've been cool!

Wesxfred

You know what they say about payback...
There were many more spin-offs that the writers wanted to do but I was just wondering if there were any, in particular, you would've watched.
Here are a couple I would've liked to see...
  • A Faith spin-off with Wesley, Fred, Robin Wood, and possibly some more original characters!
  • Dingoes on Tour where Oz and his band would travel the world.
  • Cordy! haha
  • Spike and Illyria Spinoff.
Are there any Spin-Off you would particularly enjoy?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Willow's Magical Mystery Tour

Ok - just a funny Beatles' reference, but still something with the magical adventures of my favorite character. :)

thrasherpix

Scooby
I think a single season of Tales of the Hellmouth. This could be the stuff goes on that Buffy isn't involved in, which includes the unanswered questions, like the mantis eggs. There could be some creative ones, like Marcie is sent back (it's her home turf after all) to assassinate someone trying to expose the truth, but she gets attacked by a werewolf (who track by scent), and for awhile at least there's an invisible werewolf running amok.

It could provide insight into other minor characters like Snyder (perhaps before a principal), what the SPD ran into (and why they were inclined to cut Buffy some breaks, but also why when Buffy resisted she was automatically described as very dangerous--they had to know, just as those who awarded her Class Protector knew something was up with her, and it explains so much, including resistance to Mayor Wilkins wanting a Slayer up for Murder One, and perhaps THAT story could be showcased as well).

I'm really curious about the coach who meets his demise in Go Fish. He didn't bother with a gun for the nurse, but did for Buffy, presumably a smaller teenage girl (he also just tried to club Xander more than use a gun). Yeah, he knew something was up with her and wasn't taking chances. Plus the whole X-Files sounding speech of failed Soviet Union retroviral genetic experiments that they failed to accomplish, but he cracked it. I bet he knew all sorts of interesting people (he might've even had a guest role managing Marcie while she was in Sunnydale). There's no way someone of his knowledge was just an ordinary coach. I'm sure there's a back story there somewhere.

How about when the school blew up? That and with tales of graduation horror, would certainly up black ops investigation and containment (and who knows what that might've released from the Hellmouth, perhaps even a weakened witch no longer a trophy...). The Initiative that seemed built way too fast (since they just weren't shown in any real capacity before s4) could've confiscated another college cult secret grounds, or found or compelled demons to move much of that dirt, perhaps with an ominous they don't have to pay them back, they'll collect in their own way later.

They could even throw in a special Wishverse episode or two, either of the one we saw where Xander and Willow being made minions to the Master are shown, or perhaps a different wishverse.

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
OMG yassss! That sounds so good!

Wesxfred

You know what they say about payback...
A faith series would be cool. but ide probably add spike to the cast instead of robin
This is just my opinion, but I don't really think that they need Spike in this series because he wasn't too close to Faith anyway and I don't feel he would be the best character for the job. I chose Robin because in Buffy season 7, he and Faith were forming a bond and I think that this could be explored further if Faith did have her own series. I'm not completely ruling out Spike but I think he would be better in guest appearances. Hope this makes sense to you.

white avenger

white avenger
A faith series would be cool. but ide probably add spike to the cast instead of robin
I think that Spike and Faith would make a good team. Pair them up on a mission where they have to protect someone really stupid and annoying, like Andrew, for some mysterious but very important reason.

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
Cool!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
A Whirlwind spinoff- It should be set entirely in flashback. Such a shame we never got to see them altogether in modern day.

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
Yeah I thought that would be really cool too!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I would've loved a Dawn spin-off that would've been like Buffy: The Next Generation, following the Key in her last years of high school and maybe on to Watcher school in England later. Then we could also have cameos from the main cast every now and then along with a new cast of friends for Dawn.

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
Oooh yeah!

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Faith all the way. Would loved to have seen that and obviously the Ripper show!

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
Yeah! Faith having her own series would have been so cool!
Omg Ripper! Forgot to add that in!

white avenger

white avenger
Giles, Xanderm and Andrew stranded on an uncharted island in the Bermuda Triangle, with a colony of vampires who have had to live off of wild goat blood for a couple of centuries. The show is about the two humans trying to stay alive and reality healthy while seeking the means to escape.

Obviously, this would be a comedy along the lines of "Gilligan's Isle."

(Yeah, I know, it sux, but you gotta admit, it would be different)

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
Wow! This is definately something that I would watch -great concept, really origional. Xander and Andrew can snuggle together to keep warm haha!

Faded90

Potential
A Ripper series would have been amazing if done right

Faith would have been a good series as well as long as it was nothing like what they originally pitched 😂 the whole ‘bad girl on a motorbike’ sounds like such a cliche and her character deserved better than that - which is why I’d also keep Spike away from her series as well. She’d definitely need a ‘straight man’ to bounce off and balance her character out, but not Robin because I found him insufferable 😂it could even be a new character. I like the idea of her travelling around trying to find herself

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
I Agree!

Btvs fan

Scooby
A Faith spin is the most obvious but definitely more than what they pitched her which sounded terrible. I'm not surprised she turned it down.

Loved to have a seen a Spike/Illyria/Willow movie. Though when told about it back in the day James (said he heard more from fans than Joss) was less than enthused and declared he'd wanted him to be the star of his own movie or not at all.

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
Ooooh cool!

burrunjor

Potential
I think a single season of Tales of the Hellmouth. This could be the stuff goes on that Buffy isn't involved in, which includes the unanswered questions, like the mantis eggs. There could be some creative ones, like Marcie is sent back (it's her home turf after all) to assassinate someone trying to expose the truth, but she gets attacked by a werewolf (who track by scent), and for awhile at least there's an invisible werewolf running amok.

It could provide insight into other minor characters like Snyder (perhaps before a principal), what the SPD ran into (and why they were inclined to cut Buffy some breaks, but also why when Buffy resisted she was automatically described as very dangerous--they had to know, just as those who awarded her Class Protector knew something was up with her, and it explains so much, including resistance to Mayor Wilkins wanting a Slayer up for Murder One, and perhaps THAT story could be showcased as well).

I'm really curious about the coach who meets his demise in Go Fish. He didn't bother with a gun for the nurse, but did for Buffy, presumably a smaller teenage girl (he also just tried to club Xander more than use a gun). Yeah, he knew something was up with her and wasn't taking chances. Plus the whole X-Files sounding speech of failed Soviet Union retroviral genetic experiments that they failed to accomplish, but he cracked it. I bet he knew all sorts of interesting people (he might've even had a guest role managing Marcie while she was in Sunnydale). There's no way someone of his knowledge was just an ordinary coach. I'm sure there's a back story there somewhere.

How about when the school blew up? That and with tales of graduation horror, would certainly up black ops investigation and containment (and who knows what that might've released from the Hellmouth, perhaps even a weakened witch no longer a trophy...). The Initiative that seemed built way too fast (since they just weren't shown in any real capacity before s4) could've confiscated another college cult secret grounds, or found or compelled demons to move much of that dirt, perhaps with an ominous they don't have to pay them back, they'll collect in their own way later.

They could even throw in a special Wishverse episode or two, either of the one we saw where Xander and Willow being made minions to the Master are shown, or perhaps a different wishverse.

That all sounds awesome. One nitpick though, Catherine was still trapped after the school blew up. Her statue from what I've read appears in a cameo in Doomed. Willow apparently steps on it. I've not seen it on any rewatch though I must admit.

We can only hope that when Sunnydale collapsed she was finally freed/died. She was an evil bitch, but that's undoubtedly one of the most horrifying fates anyone got in the series.

As for which spin off I'd like to see, I think Faith and Spike would have been cool. They are my two favourite characters, had good chemistry and could have been on the run together.

I wish though that they had done it after S1 of Angel and S4 of Buffy. They should have had Spike go on the run after the initiative was dissolved, as after all he had government tech in his head that they wouldn't want to fall into the wrong hands. Faith could have broken out of prison and the two could have met whilst on the run, perhaps in a town where Demons and Vamps rule the roost, like the Wishverse, as that would be the only safe place from the human authorities.

Both would then have to team up to survive, (as neither would be welcome by the Vamps and Demons either, a Slayer, and the traitor) along with other "white hat" characters.

To me that show would have been the best bet for Spike and Faith as characters. You could have got the best out of the Spuffy storyline too by having Spike and Faith get together, but unlike with Spuffy it wouldn't be out of character for Faith. I can totally buy that she would be drawn to Spike, and it would be a different type of romance to Bangel, as both would be loose canons.

Ripper also might have been quite cool. Had it been made it may have allowed the Buffyverse to go in new directions, as from the sounds of things Vampires wouldn't have been the main antagonists.

I also desperately still want to see a Fray adaptation with Dana Delorenzo as Fray, and Cameron Monaghan as Harth. I used to think that Robbie Kay would make a great Harth, and he would, but his accent would jar too much with Dana. Cameron who played the Joker in Gotham would be cool.

Wesxfred
Wesxfred
Oh yeah, totally forgot about Catherine. She definately has some unfinished buisness with Buffy!
Top Bottom