• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spinoff Comics?

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
I've seen some fans talk of potential spinoff ideas here and there, and post-Season 12 might be a good place to get into those! So what hypothetical spinoffs within the Buffyverse would you be interested in reading, for either miniseries or ongoing titles?

Off the top of my head, I'd be super into:
  • Billy the Vampire Slayer
Maybe not that title, but I'd love to get at least a miniseries centered around Billy, Devon, Anaheed, and the rest of Billy's family/friends. I thought Jane Espenson did a fantastic job with Billy's introduction issue and Love vs. Life, so I'd love to see her come back for an arc or something. The characters' dynamic together seemed really fun. And while I know Billy is controversial in the fandom, I personally have a soft spot for him and would love to see his potential utilized.

• Deepscan
I think a Deepscan comic centered around Kennedy and a handful of the other Slayers could be really fun! We could even throw Satsu in there somehow? Maybe her government job doesn't work out?

• Angel Investigations
I would LOVE to see Connor and Gunn holding down the fort in LA. I'm rereading After the Fall right now, and Connor is super fun! He's another controversial one, but I think he transitioned well to the comics, and I'd love to see him and Gunn co-leading a new era of Angel Investigations. Throw in Gwen, and maybe Nina and/or Groo, with Kate as their contact to the LAPD, and you've got a great cast! I know Betta George isn't up for grabs since he's from IDW, but I'm sure we could get some awesome new characters to join the team! This book would write itself!

• (Angel &?) Faith: Magic Town
I don't care how they decide to do it, but we need some more Magic Town in our lives! There were so many threads from Season 10 left unfinished, and I'd like to at least see some of them addressed. Also, Magic Town was just a really cool idea. I know Angel's fate is a big discussion point at the moment, but I hope at least Faith pulls out of Season 12. And I'd love to see her continue with her own title at some point. Koh, Nadira, and the aunts are obviously meant to continue with her as well! Great cast of characters!

• Fray
Goes without explanation! I'd love to see more of Fray's future world, and she's a great character. I'd love to establish a cast of characters around her too, besides her sister. I know one theory is that Season 12 is leading into a Fray series, and I'd be down for that.

Grace

Evil Olive
Black Thorn
  • Angel Investigations
I would LOVE to see Connor and Gunn holding down the fort in LA. I'm rereading After the Fall right now, and Connor is super fun! He's another controversial one, but I think he transitioned well to the comics, and I'd love to see him and Gunn co-leading a new era of Angel Investigations. Throw in Gwen, and maybe Nina and/or Groo, with Kate as their contact to the LAPD, and you've got a great cast! I know Betta George isn't up for grabs since he's from IDW, but I'm sure we could get some awesome new characters to join the team! This book would write itself!

• (Angel &?) Faith: Magic Town
I don't care how they decide to do it, but we need some more Magic Town in our lives! There were so many threads from Season 10 left unfinished, and I'd like to at least see some of them addressed. Also, Magic Town was just a really cool idea. I know Angel's fate is a big discussion point at the moment, but I hope at least Faith pulls out of Season 12. And I'd love to see her continue with her own title at some point. Koh, Nadira, and the aunts are obviously meant to continue with her as well! Great cast of characters!
I'm so on board with these two ideas! Give me back Nadira! I miss her! And Gunn!

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
Love Nadira

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
I'm so on board with these two ideas! Give me back Nadira! I miss her! And Gunn!
I feel like Faith deserves an arc where the main villain is someone closely tied to her? Like, both of the seasons Faith titled with Angel, the main villains were Angel's foes, and Faith was just the help. She deserves to be the lead!

Grace

Evil Olive
Black Thorn
I feel like Faith deserves an arc where the main villain is someone closely tied to her? Like, both of the seasons Faith titled with Angel, the main villains were Angel's foes, and Faith was just the help. She deserves to be the lead!
You're not suggesting Nadira as a villain, are you? I was so worried they were going to turn her bad in A&F 10.

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
You're not suggesting Nadira as a villain, are you? I was so worried they were going to turn her bad in A&F 10.
I wasn't, but I wouldn't be opposed to that! I think she could make an interesting villain. I also got that suspicion while reading Season 10. Perhaps the Magic Town entity could be a threat and Nadira is torn between helping Faith and protecting the magic? I'm trying to think of other potential villains for Faith. Something from her time with the Mayor?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
My new brilliant idea is a spin off where Connor and Gunn have been fighting the good fight together and end up in Magic Town, where, with the help of Nadira, they defeat a big bad who intends to use in some way the power rooted in Magic Town to destroy the world.

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
My new brilliant idea is a spin off where Connor and Gunn have been fighting the good fight together and end up in Magic Town, where, with the help of Nadira, they defeat a big bad who intends to use in some way the power rooted in Magic Town to destroy the world.
I could see the science company introduced in Season 10 being all over the magic. They seemed pretty interested in Illyria too.

I'm kinda starting to imagine a Gunn/Nadira ship and liking it??

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
Not sure about Gunn and Nadira. Hard to say
Top Bottom