• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

SPOILER! Covers for Angel & Faith S10 Issue #25

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
The first cover: The eye contact is suspicious. Please please please no romance vibe. That would be lame and boring and stupid and useless for the story.

The second cover: If they are traveling to San Francisco, it seems that Giles' aunties are staying in London.

Taake

Like A Bear
Staff member
Black Thorn
The first one is so weird... she looks weird and high and he looks super creepy, just terrible likeness.

On the second one Faith looks like something from a Scooby Doo comic. It's really underwhelming.

Terrible covers both, especially when you compare to the BtVS ones.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Terrible covers both, especially when you compare to the BtVS ones.
The inside art is just the opposite. Will Conrad did a very good job in balancing character likeness and moving/fighting feeling. Rebekah Isaacs in this season... less so.

But I have a problem with Conrad. He draws Faith well. He draws Fred well. But when he draws them both in the same panel, you can't tell who is who. It amuses me and I don't know why.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I've loved the inside art- probably the best thing about this season- but the covers for A&F have really been hit and miss.
I suppose I prefer the first one- the hand grasping seems more like partners/buddies than 'lets get all squishy' or whatnot. Still, the likenesses are again terrible.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
I suppose I prefer the first one- the hand grasping seems more like partners/buddies than 'lets get all squishy' or whatnot. Still, the likenesses are again terrible.
Yes. Faith looks like a Faith/Fred hybrid while Angel looks exactly the same as Arnold Schwarzenegger.

On the second one Faith looks like something from a Scooby Doo comic. It's really underwhelming.
It pales in ridiculousness compared to Koh, who seems to have too much food in his mouth.

Taake
Taake
lmao, it really does look like he has too much food in his mouth

gite63

Gone
Sineya
The first cover: The eye contact is suspicious. Please please please no romance vibe. That would be lame and boring and stupid and useless for the story.
Could be romance vibe - good for both of them, they are in need of some connection (I haven't still got what the editor meant by "in some ways" in relation of Faith's love life/life). But I think it's more "job well done, partner!"

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
The first cover: The eye contact is suspicious.
Could be romance vibe - good for both of them, they are in need of some connection (I haven't still got what the editor meant by "in some ways" in relation of Faith's love life/life). But I think it's more "job well done, partner!"
Faith does seem to be gazing into his eyes... And leaning in just a wee bit close...

The "in some ways" thing admittedly makes it suspect.

Ooooohhhhh... can't wait until April to find out!

Top Bottom