• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spoilers for Buffy #5

W

WillowFromBuffy

I'm trying to wrap my head around what this could actually mean for the future. It occurred to me that it may mean a lot for Spike. One of the reason he was sorta accepted by the Scoobies was that he had never successfully managed to harm them in any serious way. He was out of commission for most of S2 and he was not involved in the killing of Kendra.

However, now he has helped Drusilla kill Xander and he is presumable still the guy who killed Robin's mum.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
It would be quite interesting if they kept Spike a villain and avoided Spuffy completely. It would be even better if they sorted out the Sprusilla relationship to make it more equal (though given the writer's interview I'm doubtful of this).

The scooby dynamic doesn't work for me. In the show, if Xander had died, then I could easily see Willow going on her roaring rampage of revenge as she did for Tara, she'd be heartbroken over Xander's death as would Buffy (which may reinforce the notion that a slayer should work alone). However in this comic, whilst they might be surprised and saddened to a degree over his death, they're crappy friends to Xander so I don't see them being too cut up about it.

I don't like Robin's character in this comic. I know we've not seen much of him but there's just an air of smugness about him. It's almost like nails on chalkboard when ever he shows up, the way he and the other characters interact just feels so stilted.

Also Xander might not be dead but just fed on. It's his arm and hand he's holding to his throat, not Dino's, and the body language of Buffy and Willow finding his body doesn't scream "OMG He's Dead!", it seem more like "uh, Xander...are you okay? Do you think we should call an ambulance?"

It's possible that Dino could be grooming Xander to do her bidding. She was very sympathetic to him rather than just killing him when he burst into tears in front of her and Spike. She could be using Xander as a spy to keep an eye on what the scoobies are doing and tell him that he's her "favourite" (which earns an eyeroll from Spike).

Angel6

Potential
I can’t see how this happens. Angels right there-his line is ‘who would I be if I didn’t try’ or something to that effect, heavily implying he’s at least going to try and save him! Colour me intrigued!

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
I can’t see how this happens. Angels right there-his line is ‘who would I be if I didn’t try’ or something to that effect, heavily implying he’s at least going to try and save him! Colour me intrigued!
Maybe there'll be some last minute switch and it won't be Xander? Just thinking that Buffy's body language on the spoiler cover doesn't look terribly concerned, as it should if a friend just died.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Maybe there'll be some last minute switch and it won't be Xander? Just thinking that Buffy's body language on the spoiler cover doesn't look terribly concerned, as it should if a friend just died.
Buffy and Willow are crappy friends to Xander so I don't think they would be heartbroken over Xander's death, saddened maybe, but not heartbroken.

However, the person on the ground could be Spike. Just look at the arm muscle and the boot. Question is, if it is Spike, is it a trap with Spike as bait to use as a spy within the scoobies, or did Spike get into a fight with Angel whilst Drusilla absconded with Xander and Spike came off worse?

Whoever is on the ground has been put into the Recovery position.

ifeveristoday

Townie
I don't agree that Willow and Buffy are crappy friends to Xander. Self-involved, yes, but they're all sixteen and leading their own lives - and I feel and empathize with Xander's isolation/loneliness, I do. However, aside from his blog, he's not talking about his feelings to his friends. They don't know he's struggling, especially if he's been using humor/sarcasm to deflect them. There's been so little about Robin/and Rose(!)'s characterization in the comics, I don't know how to feel about them yet. That cover isn't finished and we don't have facial expressions, I reserve judgment about how they're actually feeling when they come across his body. In the free comic, Buffy certainly was concerned about the vampire friend she was talking to Anya about.

Angel6
Angel6
I thought Willow was particularly thoughtless to push the Robin thing with Buffy in front of him. Really inconsiderate.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
It looks like Xander is in a circle, I wonder if it means Willow will ensoul him?

redtent
redtent
That would be interesting. I wonder, how many vampires with a soul will there be. Will spike also get his soul in this comics? I can't wait to see!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
That's a cool looking cover.

Taake
Taake
Dru is cool, the rest makes me wonder if you have something in your eyes

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Looks like they're going there. I'm guessing that Xanger will wind up being ensouled by Willow...eventually.

DayDreamer27

Potential
When will the fifth issue be out?
June 5th.

Can view issue releases here.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I like that cover, but not a fan of the long fingernails, I guess they had to show Xander had been turned somehow, but the image of Buffy and the stake shows that enough without the fingers

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
The first cover looks like Buffy and Willow have just stuck a candle on Xander's dead body, whilst the second cover looks like Xander is having a heart attacks (since one of the arms goes numb with a heart attack). Also the second cover is a bit of a kick in the teeth to Xander- Buffy and Willow are crappy friends to him when he was alive, now they're going to kill him because he's a vampire. Talk about a toxic friendship.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
@Taake Come on! You don't think Xander wearing the ironic t-shirt is great?

Taake
Taake
I can't even see what it says! And the characters look pretty terrible, again, except for Dru, she's gorgeous... though not so Dru-ish.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
@Taake I'm sorry Taake. I forgot that you were culturally unaware to anything that happened since the new millennium. His shirt is for this band.

Taake
Taake
Oh. I see. Guess that's pretty cool. *crawls back under my rock*
nightshade
nightshade
I didn't know that either, we're always the last to know!
Top Bottom