• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Sprusilla love

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I think Dru is more switched on than she presents herself to be. She does have that element of madness to her throughout all her appearances, but in Season 2 she just seems more "with it" than she does in later appearances (I'm talking in terms of episodes). She does have her moments when she flips out over seemingly innocuous things eg the flowers being "wrong" but she's more dangerous and less kooky in Buffy Season 2 (when the focus is on her, Spike and Angelus) than she is in Angel Season 2 (where the focus is on Darla and Dru is essentially the sidekick).
After years of Spuffy fanfic, I did a rewatch and was surprised to find Drusilla far saner than she is more often than not displayed by Spuffy authors. She doesn't just have 'bouts of sanity', it's more like bouts of insanity. It's fascinating to me and I'm definitely starting to see her differently, and as someone with far more independence than I used to.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
After years of Spuffy fanfic, I did a rewatch and was surprised to find Drusilla far saner than she is more often than not displayed by Spuffy authors. She doesn't just have 'bouts of sanity', it's more like bouts of insanity. It's fascinating to me and I'm definitely starting to see her differently, and as someone with far more independence than I used to.
Drusilla seems to get misrepresented in the fandom quite a bit despite being one of the most tragic and interesting characters in the Buffyverse. It's a shame we didn't get many flashbacks of her (but then they probably couldn't have shown Angelus' torment of her because of how dark it would've gotten).

Black Thorn
Drusilla seems to get misrepresented in the fandom quite a bit despite being one of the most tragic and interesting characters in the Buffyverse. It's a shame we didn't get many flashbacks of her (but then they probably couldn't have shown Angelus' torment of her because of how dark it would've gotten).
I think it was probably because Drusilla isn't the focus a lot of the time, most times she was important to the story it was in terms of Angelus/Angel or Spike. It's a shame though, I would have liked to have seen more of Drusilla.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think it was probably because Drusilla isn't the focus a lot of the time, most times she was important to the story it was in terms of Angelus/Angel or Spike. It's a shame though, I would have liked to have seen more of Drusilla.
Same. I do wonder though, it's assumed that Angelus would've tried to do to Buffy what he did to Drusilla, but is it possible that he might have gone after Willow instead and tried to drive her mad instead. After all, doing that would show that Buffy couldn't protect her friends against him which in turn would have an effect on her.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Most fans seem to think that Dru just ditches Spike in favour of Angelus. There is evidence that shows this is categorically not true.
And that is why I feel annoyed by people who fail to see this. You cannot argue with the clearly obvious. It is a waste of time to argue with facts because you cannot change facts. It would be like arguing that George Washington wasn't the 1st president.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
Also this is the Sprusilla love thread, NOT the Unnecessary, dense, bashing of Sprusilla.
I love Spike and Drusilla. I don't think their love would be any grander if I believed Drusilla suffered from Stockholm's Syndrome.

If a person has Stockholm's Syndrome, your emotions are your emotions. Attachment to an abuser isn't fake love. It is unfortunate love, at best.

I love Spike and Drusilla, but Drusilla wants the Whirlwind back and Spike doesn't, and so they come to blows. I don't think Drusilla loves Angel the ways she loves Spike, but she couldn't abide his collusion with the slayer, nonetheless.
It would be like arguing that George Washington wasn't the 1st president.
All right. John Hanson was the first president of the United States.

Top Bottom