• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spuffy Fanfic Discussion

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
(if this is in the wrong section, I apologize)

With a bunch of new members being Spufflings (though most importantly, because Pricey is back ;)) I thought I'd lean towards that. Plus, I've been getting back into reading fanfic again recently, so I really wanted to discuss. Unlike past threads, I don't expect one thread per story, but just a place for us to talk about what we've been reading, ala the threads about rating movies, TV, food, etc.

So to that end, I finally finished Cursed by Sunalso (after starting it 5 years ago, lol) last night and I really enjoyed it, more than I expected to from the first 10 chapters or so. Have you read it or are you planning to? What have you read lately that you liked or didn't like?

Priceless

Scooby
I read Cursed ages ago and really enjoyed it. I thought the story was unique, with Buffy and Dru changing bodies. I loved all the Spuffy stuff of course, but I also really liked what the switch did for Dru. I like most of Sunalso's work, and I'd recommend A Better Man where Spike may be a robot, or maybe not ;)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I read Cursed ages ago and really enjoyed it. I thought the story was unique, with Buffy and Dru changing bodies. I loved all the Spuffy stuff of course, but I also really liked what the switch did for Dru. I like most of Sunalso's work, and I'd recommend A Better Man where Spike may be a robot, or maybe not ;)
I love Sunalso, have read a lot from her, but not that one yet. I think I remember reading the summary and it may even be on my bookshelf :)

Just finished a quick two-shot that I thought I'd rec;

and i count the days till the end of summer - Set Post-S5, Willow never resurrects Buffy from the dead. Spike carries out his promise to watch over Dawn till the end of the world.

katmobile

Scooby
At some point I may actually finish the last bit of Stake in the Lake which is crossover Spuffy fic.

Priceless

Scooby
Just in the middle of Heliotrope by Gwyneth Rhys and loving it. Only 3 chapter, worth a read.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Just in the middle of Heliotrope by Gwyneth Rhys and loving it. Only 3 chapter, worth a read.
Headed over to check it out. Read the first chapter. Half of the second, skimmed the rest and skipped the third. I tried to accept how OOC the characters were - particularly Buffy - by saying that it was a few years post-Chosen, but it just got too much. She's a good writer, though, I might check out some of her other stuff in the future.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I started to write a crossover fic 😄 - it's shite! I can't plot and so all the characters do is make sarcastic remarks and swear! I've decided plot's over-rated.😊
Ha! What's the crossover show (I'm guessing one of them is BtVS)?

I'm currently working on something myself - feeling inspired for the first time in what feels like years. I'm purposely not even thinking about posting until it's finished, but I'm excited to get into it. The thing that gives me hope about finishing it, is that I know exactly how to end it - in fact, the idea began as a one-shot, before I decided to expand it to a full, multi-chapter story.

Priceless

Scooby
Headed over to check it out. Read the first chapter. Half of the second, skimmed the rest and skipped the third. I tried to accept how OOC the characters were - particularly Buffy - by saying that it was a few years post-Chosen, but it just got too much. She's a good writer, though, I might check out some of her other stuff in the future.
They are both a little ooc, but I loved the writing so much. I'm a sucker for a post-Chosen/NFA fic.

Priceless

Scooby

I'm currently working on something myself - feeling inspired for the first time in what feels like years. I'm purposely not even thinking about posting until it's finished, but I'm excited to get into it. The thing that gives me hope about finishing it, is that I know exactly how to end it - in fact, the idea began as a one-shot, before I decided to expand it to a full, multi-chapter story.
Is it Spuffy? Can you tell us anything else? Is it crossover? Can you tell I'm quite excited? 😂 I love reading friends fics.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Is it Spuffy? Can you tell us anything else? Is it crossover? Can you tell I'm quite excited? 😂 I love reading friends fics.
Yes, it's Spuffy, no it's not a crossover :)

The story begins right around the events of Ted in S2, but then flashback to the summer right after Prophecy Girl. Tells the story of Spuffy meeting in a different way and Buffy returning to Sunnydale after spending the summer with her dad, to find Joyce in a serious relationship with Ted. It's gonna tell the story of everything that happens from June to December of 1997.

TriBel

Scooby
I love the title! Heliotropic used to be my favourite word.

Lucifer (Ha) Lucifer and Maze meet Spike and Dawn in Hell. There's bits from Sandman thrown in ('cos I like Dream and Death). So it sorta goes like this:

“I apologise Spike”, said the Devil as though he meant it. “I thought you were familiar with The Endless”.

“The Endless? You mean like the bint on your sister’s t-shirt? I thought The Endless were a rock band that never made it big!”

“It’s a nice image”. Lucifer gave a smile that lit his tired face. “Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Despair, Desire and Delirium supporting The Ramones at CBGB. I’d have paid to see that,” he admitted.

They kill some Turok-Han; Dawn gets to fight and open portals and Lucifer turns a hell-hound into a Gordon Setter...you kinda have to be there. 🤣

I know how to begin it and I've written the end - it's the bit in the middle that's a bugger.

OT...I've read a few Lucifer/Supernatural fics that weren't bad.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I know how to begin it and I've written the end - it's the bit in the middle that's a bugger.
That is always my same issue, too. I'll write up a storm, 3-4 chapters, and then things begin to slow down and I just...stop. And it doesn't always help to know the end from the beginning, either, not if I can't figure out how to do the middle.

Not a Lucifer fan, but I know enough that a meeting with him and Spike sounds interesting :)

TriBel

Scooby
That is always my same issue, too. I'll write up a storm, 3-4 chapters, and then things begin to slow down and I just...stop. And it doesn't always help to know the end from the beginning, either, not if I can't figure out how to do the middle.

Not a Lucifer fan, but I know enough that a meeting with him and Spike sounds interesting :)
I write part of a chapter then get another idea that I'm more enthusiastic about and start a new chapter that's only tangentially related to the one before. I've started to join them with dots......... or the word "meanwhile" or "elsewhere". It's the story of my life...no staying power and easily distracted. I never finish anything. :rolleyes:

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I write part of a chapter then get another idea that I'm more enthusiastic about and start a new chapter that's only tangentially related to the one before. I've started to join them with dots......... or the word "meanwhile" or "elsewhere". It's the story of my life...no staying power and easily distracted. I never finish anything. :rolleyes:
My issue is, I'll start writing a story, then get inspired to do a different story, and start that, and so on. Last night, while I was writing the story I talk about above, I took a bathroom break and suddenly was hit with a time travel idea and I had to, like, say out loud 'no, don't, focus!' :D

Priceless

Scooby
I'm envious of both of you. I have only one idea, Buffy and Spike meeting years later . . . and I keep wanting to write that over and over. I wish I had an actual imagination.

Top Bottom