• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Still Happening / Disney Takeover

Ryan

MB
Has there been any recent updates on the revival/reboot/spinoff of Buffy since Disney acquired the rights?

It just dawned on my recently that the announcement that Fox we’re developing a new series set in the Buffyverse was prior to the Disney purchase.

I wonder is this something that Disney plans to go ahead with.

Ryan

MB
I was looking earlier today and couldn't find any recent news.
Hopefully we here something soon. I imagine everyone involved is just as much in the dark as we are. With Disney acquiring so many rights with the FOX purchase it will likely take them a while to decide on the future of each individual project.

Ryan

MB
Should we start a rumor that Buffy is going to become a member of the new Avengers team? Or maybe Willow is going to costar in the Scarlet Witch's new series? That would really light up the internet.
I like your thinking. Willow in Scarlet Witches new series is a rumour I think the internet needs 😂

Oh wow I just checked Monica Owusu-Breen’s Twitter & there’s nothing about Buffy in her bio but she namechecks Agents of Sheild & Midnight Texas which aren’t exactly as iconic soo......

Black Thorn
After a year of not hearing anything I’m just leaving it at it isn’t happening. I’ll be surprised if it is going forward - especially with the Disney thing.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I think that's reasonable. Granted, a lot of pre-production happens in the shadows, but no network and no casting announcement probably means the producers weren't able to secure funding for the pilot, or the showrunner's schedule is still being worked out.

kalike123

Townie
Disney shelves A LOT of stuff that they begin. Even really big stuff that's been announced as ABSOLUTELY happening...sometimes doesn't.

You never know with Disney until (whatever it is) has come to fruition. They're not big on keeping their word.

I think this New Slayer Series won't happen, but as long as it isn't Buffy, is tune in to see it. Worst thing - it sucks and I don't watch again.

I'm waiting for "If the apocalypse comes, text me!" :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Should we start a rumor that Buffy is going to become a member of the new Avengers team? Or maybe Willow is going to costar in the Scarlet Witch's new series? That would really light up the internet.
I'm going over to Twitter right NOW and I will do that. 😅

In fact, I'll add that Dark Phoenix will be joining Scarlett Witch.

Done. 😈

Last edited:
Cohen
Cohen
Omg u love you! 😍❤😂

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
It is perfectly possible that it is being developed in secret. There were hardly any news about The Nevers until they began filming.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
It would be hilarious if the "rumour" became reality...

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Why doesn't anyone check their spelling before sending out tweets? If you're such a big Buffy fan, learn to spell Willow's last name, please.

(sorry, pet peeve)

Top Bottom