• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Still Happening / Disney Takeover

Cohen

Warrior
I heard “Rosenburg” is being floated around as a limited series following a red headed witch as she travels multiple dimensions searching for a way to bring magic back to earth.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
I heard “Rosenburg” is being floated around as a limited series following a red headed witch as she travels multiple dimensions searching for a way to bring magic back to earth.
That sounds too good to be true. Is the spelling significant? Burg means castle.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Another reboot of X-Men??? God, this is truly getting out of control...
Captain Marvel's days are numbered then. With the X-Men comes Rogue who famously put Carol Danvers in a coma, maybe that's why Brie Larson is going to be involved in Star Wars? They've shifted her from one franchise to another. Either that or they are planning to link both franchises.

white avenger

white avenger
Just read that Joss may direct the new X-Men movie.

God, I hope not! Whedon peaked with the original "Avengers" film, and has been on a downhill slide ever since, with "Justice League" turning into a financial disaster (though I still liked it) and losing the "Bat Woman" film. Joss should pitch for a new "Buffy" spinoff. Maybe if he returned to his roots, so to speak, he can regain his momentum and recharge his creative batteries.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
avengers was his peak? I'd say Buffy or Firefly
To be fair, Whedon wrote one of the most acclaimed X-Men runs of all time and the way he wrote the characters has shaped the way they've been written by other writers for almost two decades now. Particularly the way he developed Emma Frost and her relationships with Cyclops and Kitty Prude.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Buffy was supposedly inspired by Kitty Pryde.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
It's off topic, but Joss is a very good choice. He wrote for both X-Men & 2, can direct team efforts, wrote Astonishing X-Men, and has that right combination of teenager alienation/liberal politics that seems to make for the best X-Men stories. Or at least he did in 2002.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Batgirl, not Batwoman. Those would be two very different movies.

I recall seeing an article on SMG giving another interview on the topic. I didn't read it, but it looks like she's still "Go reboot, not interested in 18 hour days, sorry." I would link to it, but we've all read it before.

HellmouthPins

Townie
I found this the other day. Looks like more speculation but it's still fun to read and wonder. I'm not a big Disney person so I had no plans to get Disney + but if this happens I might just have to. Plus, I do like Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar. Damn you, Disney! Stop buying the cool stuff, you don't need to own EVERYTHING!

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I read an article on that, but it was rumor only, with no sources. Frankly, I find Rosenberg more plausible than Buffy. It's likely Fox owned the TV characters outright, as opposed to Buffy, who had to be licensed from the film's producers, and Disney does not like paying royalties. I also think that potentially, nearly every piece of IP Disney owns is currently under development, given the long term needs of Disney Plus.

Top Bottom