• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Studies have shown that people who DON'T eat Spam are Communists and/or Scientologists

Do you eat Spam?

• Hell no

• Of course!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spanky

Illeist
Black Thorn
Hmm...there's no corn in corned beef. The "corn" refers to large grains of rock salt used to brine brisket, the cut of beef most commonly used to make corned beef. Marinating it tenderizes the meat
That's the popular misconception that the grain industry would like you to believe. The fact of the matter is that corned beef is derived from cows that do not partake in corn feed. Beef that has been corned often has a more tender, gentler disposition due to the fact they have only been fed a mixture of barley and oats. Corny cows need to be artificially tenderized prior to consumption. This is usually done by reading Little Women or Baudelaire to them prior to their slaughter.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Of course, it COULD be the result of an egg getting frisky with a troll named Nog. They met in a pub, had feelings for each other, and boom! Nog totally cracked that eggshell. Yeah, he just rocked her yolk. 😅

And did this happen on Christmas Eve?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Valar Dohaeris ✨
Black Thorn
And did this happen on Christmas Eve?

As a matter of fact, yes! Nog was an energetic lover, apparently. There were pieces of egg shell everywhere....uh oh. My mind went to a very naughty place. I can't even write what I was just thinking. 😈

All hail Nog!

Bop
Bop
Nog is NSFW that's why this is probably the first we're all hearing of this story

Spanky

Illeist
Black Thorn
All hail Nog!
deep99.jpg

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
About the Spam and/or the Corned Beef question.
A lot can be answered if the floor was swept clean before the ' splodge ' of ha ha 'meat' it was dropped onto the floor.

About the quality of Egg-Nog, a lot depends on what you use to rinse the floor.
As a special treat to Nix consider using Baileys!

Stake fodder

What about my me?
Spam is also popular in Hawaii, I believe. Any Hawaiians here to corroborate that?

When I was a kid, we ate Spam because it was a cheap meat (I know, that is a dubious claim), like hot dogs. Now it costs more than real ham.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Valar Dohaeris ✨
Black Thorn
Yes, Spam is VERY popular in Hawaii. (I'm not not Hawaiian, but I've known this for awhile)

I think that's where I got the idea of burgers with Spam and a pineapple ring. I DID try it, and it was....interesting. However, it tasted pretty good WITHOUT the pineapple!

And yes, plenty of cheese was used. 🧀

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
At least we know now that the guys of Monty Python's Flying Circus were not Scientologists.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Spam was originally developed for the military, as Hawaii was a massive naval base during a good part of the last century, it got a lot of Spam. I mean, it's an island in the middle of the Pacific ocean, Spam was probably the first cheap beast protein the Hawaiians ever got. Even today, Hawaii is pretty remote, and everything has to be shipped in.

Top Bottom