• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Sunnydale Fanfic Club Discussion #1: This Isn't A Kingdom

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I thought I'd kick this off with the first one and we'll see how it goes. This thread is for discussion of the first fic for the Sunnydale Fanfic Club podcast.

This Isn't A Kingdom
by ilovehowyouletmefall
Summary: With no Slayer to defeat the Master when he rises, Rupert Giles and Jenny Calendar unexpectedly find themselves working with a group of students, struggling to hold back the forces of darkness.
Rating: Explicit
Warning: Major Character Death
Words: 34,664 (42 chapters but they're short)
Relationship: Jenny Calendar/Rupert Giles

The podcast episode with the author is set to be released on Jan. 1, 2018.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Gonna get started on it in just a few minutes. I've actually wanted to read it for years, but I've been so caught up in Spuffy stories that I just haven't gotten around to it - this is a great excuse to finally read it :D

flow

Scooby
I am going to join you and start tomorrow ! It`ll be weird to read a non-Spuffy-fanfic ;-)

flow

W

WillowFromBuffy

I'd love to read this as I assume there will be some lovely vampy Will&Xander. I just need to finish some very tedious work on my final exam.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Done :)

I'll wait until more people have finished it to start the discussing part, but just wanted to drop by and state my fic affairs :p

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
You are fast!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I'd love to read this as I assume there will be some lovely vampy Will&Xander. I just need to finish some very tedious work on my final exam.
I looking myself to seeing Willow do some riding myself :D

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
The Sunnydale Fanfic Club has decided to post the first real episode of the podcast tomorrow (Dec. 11) instead of waiting until next month. They note that the podcast will be full of spoilers so don't listen until after you've finished This Isn't a Kingdom unless you're OK with that.

I finished the story in just a couple of days because I thought it was great. I found it really suspenseful, especially in the beginning when the author's version of the Wishverse was still being established. I loved all the details and the ensemble cast. I like Giles and Jenny a lot but it was really the bigger story that kept me reading.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
The Sunnydale Fanfic Club has decided to post the first real episode of the podcast tomorrow (Dec. 11) instead of waiting until next month.
That is super awesome news, now we won't have to wait as long (especially those of us who've already finished the story, lol). It definitely wasn't my favorite story, but I'm glad I read it and I look forward to hearing the podcast.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
That was nice, I always like hearing the process of an author. I personally can't wait for, I think, episode 3? The one by Sunalso and Gort, because I'm a fan of Sunalso's work and have read so many of her stories; she even wrote a beautiful story based on a challenge I came up with. Anyway, this whole thing is turning out even better than I imagined, excited to read the mini-Billow one next time :)

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I listened to the first episode today and I enjoyed it! It's fun to hear how other writers approach their stories. I liked that the writer talked about how she had gotten the Nancy from The Wish mixed up with the Nancy from Earshot. I did notice when I was reading that she mentioned Nancy having curly hair, but it wasn't a big deal. But those kinds of things make the discussions fun. I also enjoyed when she talked about what she had planned if she did a follow-up, though she ultimately decided against it.

I personally can't wait for, I think, episode 3? The one by Sunalso and Gort, because I'm a fan of Sunalso's work and have read so many of her stories; she even wrote a beautiful story based on a challenge I came up with.

I am also looking forward to reading Sunalso and Gort's story, even though it's Spuffy. :) Sunalso was the first stranger to comment on my first fic!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I am also looking forward to reading Sunalso and Gort's story, even though it's Spuffy. :) Sunalso was the first stranger to comment on my first fic!
Y'know, I find that that is the real beauty of this podcast; we're reading stories we normally wouldn't. Someday soon I'll have to read a Bangel or a Briley if I wish to support the podcast, which I do. It may not be easy, but it could potentially open our eyes (I don't mean change our pairing preferences, lol, just to clarify ;)).

W

WillowFromBuffy

I've read about half of it now.

After reading Dcai's story, I have started looking at the warnings, just to get an idea of what I am in for. The orgasm denial warning made me more intrigued than reluctant. I've gotten to that part. It was great :p

The Giles and Jenny interactions are very good. The bits in-between can feel a bit like so much filler. The letters reminds me of Dracula and Frankenstein.

Willow is nowhere to be seen as of yet :(

Top Bottom