• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Sunnydale Fanfic Club Discussion #6: Pet

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
This thread is for discussion of the Sunnydale Fanfic Club podcast. The next story will be:

Pet
by TheSigyn
Summary: Spike and Buffy have been living happily together for what seems like forever, but fate has a sick sense of humor. Buffy finds herself caught in the wrong body, in the wrong time, needing the assistance of a purely evil Spike. Now she must attempt to forge their trust anew, when the dynamic isn’t that of slayer and redeemed, but only that of vampire... and victim.
Warnings: Graphic Depictions Of Violence, Major Character Death, Rape/Non-Con
Rating: Explicit
Words: 121,432
Relationships: Spike/Buffy Summers, Spike/Buffy Summers/Drusilla, Spike/Drusilla

Warning from the podcast hosts: "This story is very dark, containing graphic depictions of violence and depictions of sexual assault. Viewer discretion is advised."

The podcast episode with the author is set to be released on Jan. 15.

flow

Scooby
I have read this fic and many others by sigyn and she is my favorite spuffy fanfic writer. I consider Pet as sigyns masterpiece, but

This fic is actually very dark. If you are triggered by reading scenes with violence - including sexual violence or rape - in stories or novels, please stay away from this fic.

Please take this and every other warning that has been put up by the podcast hosts and the writer seriously.

flow

Priceless

Scooby
So pleased they are discussing a Sigyn fic. This is my favourite of her work, though all her stories are great. I would echo @flow's words of warning, this fic has some really tough scenes, but it is absolutely worth it.

I'm fangirling at the thought of Sigyn being interviewed :D

W

WillowFromBuffy

Can someone try to sell this story to me? The only Spuffy fanfic I've ever read was the one about the buffalo wings, and I would love to read something a little angstier, but why would I chose to read a story with sexual violence and rape? What's the hook?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Can someone try to sell this story to me? The only Spuffy fanfic I've ever read was the one about the buffalo wings, and I would love to read something a little angstier, but why would I chose to read a story with sexual violence and rape? What's the hook?

She has a lot of opinions on Angel that you might find intriguing..... from the few chapters I read .... before I gave up. So there’s that.

flow

Scooby
It`s kinda addictive. When I started reading this story, I thought "Oh my", how scary can it be ? And if it gets scary, I just drop it.

Then it got scary and I could not stop reading. I had to go on reading, even though I was so scared.

I have always been such a die hard Spuffy fan and Spike was the reason, I started to watch BtVS. But after reading Pet, I was honestly scared of Spike for a couple of days. I had to read a ton of very fluffy Spuffy fics, to calm down.

And I am NOT trying to sell this story to you.

flow

Edit to add: Great banner !

W
WillowFromBuffy
Thank you! :) I might give it a go. All this praise makes me curious.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Also, @WillowFromBuffy, I believe the bulk of it is set in 1970s New York with punk Spike. I feel like that might appeal to you? (I tried reading the first chapter and got too annoyed to finish personally but you know my biases.)

GraceK
GraceK
Yeah I couldn’t get past the second chapter
W
WillowFromBuffy
Bare arms and safety pins? Hmmmm...
W

WillowFromBuffy

I feel kinda sorry for Dcai and Grace, because they write Spike as such a selfless gentleman. A Spuffy writer should do them the courtesy of returning the favour.

Priceless

Scooby
@WillowFromBuffy and anyone else who wants to read this fic, it's Spuffy like you've never seen it. It's got a real maturity of theme. Sigyn discusses serious subjects in an almost poetic way. She gets into the minds of her characters like no other fic writer I've read. It's gripping and stylish, but it certainly isn't for everyone :oops:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I feel kinda sorry for Dcai and Grace, because they write Spike as such a selfless gentleman. A Spuffy writer should do them the courtesy of returning the favour.

I've only written Spike once and he was comic!Spike. He is well into his ensoulment and he is pretty well adjusted by then. Believe me, my characterization of him would be significantly different had I written in s6. I'm not trying to be nice as much as I'm trying my best to be true to character at the time of the story and not let my bias color my writing.

W

WillowFromBuffy

@dcai0830 @Grace

Well, my writing is drenched in my biases, because it is my writing :p I am not about being fair.

I did not mean to suggest your Spikes were out of character. You both write a very good Spike. Souled Spike is a fairly fluid character, which gives you a great deal of choice in how you wanna portray him. Spike could certainly be a douche on AtS.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
LOL I didn't take it as a diss - I just didn't want anyone thinking I was being nice to Spike ;) ;) Got a reputation to keep up and all that.
Grace
Grace
Same. ;)

JforJenny

Townie
Sineya
We are interviewing with Sigyn now! YAY! Any last minute questions?

Top Bottom