• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
This thread is for discussion of the Sunnydale Fanfic Club podcast. The next story will be:

Wolfsbane
by @Kairos
Summary: "Buffy and Angel are called to the Cleveland Hellmouth to investigate a series of mysterious deaths. The local werewolves, Oz included, have been suspected - but the truth is a greater evil than any of them have encountered since the Battle of Los Angeles."
Rating: Teen and Up Audiences
Words: 37,250
Relationships: Angel/Buffy Summers, Daniel "Oz" Osbourne/Willow Rosenberg, Faith Lehane/Spike, Nina Ash/Original Male Character

The podcast episode with this author is set to be released on Feb. 5. If you have questions for Kairos, they need to be in by Wednesday.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Yay @Kairos - excited to hear you on the podcast! I'm going to try and finish this fic in time for questions!

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I just started rereading and I just love that first Buffy/Angel scene with the hot chocolate.

She smiled uncertainly and squeezed his hand. "I want to find a way to make this last."

"Me too," he replied. "But if it doesn't last, it will still be worth it."

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Oh, that final line in Chapter 1 caught me by surprise again! I knew, of course, but I had forgotten that Angel figured it out, too!

Kairos

Joyous Rebel
Oh, that final line in Chapter 1 caught me by surprise again! I knew, of course, but I had forgotten that Angel figured it out, too!

I knew I had to split up the chapters to make that a final line! :)

Btw, if anyone ever read this story on Ao3 in the past and thought, "Gee, it seems like some of these words should be italicized, but they aren't"...I fixed that today.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Man this last fic author they had on really said some horrible things about Bangel... I’m looking forward to @Kairos episode to have a Bangel positive perspectives after that! Yikes.

JforJenny
JforJenny
[No message]
Kairos
Kairos
Yikes indeed. So glad this show is keeping the shipper representation balanced!
sunalso
sunalso
I was thinking after Strange Partners they were going to have to do like 10 femslash episodes in a row to balance out the overabundance of het we brought with that one ;-P

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I really enjoyed my reread! Can't wait to hear the episode! There are definitely some big, juicy concepts tackled in this story.

sunalso

I write too much
The plot was very original and kept me guessing the entire time! But my hc is so different that I had trouble getting into this story, as did the fact I often felt that while I knew what the characters were doing, I knew little about how they were feeling. I think that's just a POV preference, me liking that close third person rather than a more drawn back one. I'm very much looking forward to listening on Monday!

Kairos

Joyous Rebel
I really enjoyed my reread! Can't wait to hear the episode! There are definitely some big, juicy concepts tackled in this story.

Awesome! Recording was lots of fun, although I can tell you right now, you are a way more articulate speaker than I am. Hope nobody minds listening to me stumble through my answers. ("Stumble", in this case, is a portmanteau of "ramble" and "stutter". I just made it up.)

The plot was very original and kept me guessing the entire time! But my hc is so different that I had trouble getting into this story, as did the fact I often felt that while I knew what the characters were doing, I knew little about how they were feeling. I think that's just a POV preference, me liking that close third person rather than a more drawn back one. I'm very much looking forward to listening on Monday!

Nah, makes sense. This fic was something of a departure from my usual style, where I concentrate on the characters' thoughts and their relationships with each other. Concentrating on the plot this time was the only way I could get some new action established so the characters have something to react to next time I want to explore them emotionally. :)

Thank you both for the questions! If my answers didn't quite address them, please do let me know and I'll be happy to stumble on some more.

Grace
Grace
Ha! I’m sure you were great!

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Nah, makes sense. This fic was something of a departure from my usual style, where I concentrate on the characters' thoughts and their relationships with each other. Concentrating on the plot this time was the only way I could get some new action established so the characters have something to react to next time I want to explore them emotionally. :)

It was interesting because I recognized the different writing style while I read this fic. Especially because I recently re-read Indeterminate Time (because ugh so good and one of those I like to re-read) so I had that one fresh in my mind and you are so deep into Buffy’s mind. It’s essentially a case study on her - really. But it’s fun to explore different writing styles and you set up a great plot. Now we need the Ram and the Hart stories. ;)

Look forward to hearing you on Monday!

Kairos

Joyous Rebel
It was interesting because I recognized the different writing style while I read this fic. Especially because I recently re-read Indeterminate Time (because ugh so good and one of those I like to re-read) so I had that one fresh in my mind and you are so deep into Buffy’s mind. It’s essentially a case study on her - really. But it’s fun to explore different writing styles and you set up a great plot. Now we need the Ram and the Hart stories. ;)

Oh wow, really? I always thought of Indeterminate Time as the point where I started losing my grip on Buffyverse writing. I just looked up the blog post I made when I originally posted it, and the author's note is all "I'm sorry, I couldn't save this one" and "at least I have this really ambitious idea for next year's IWRY, which I won't actually finish for a few years and have not yet titled 'Wolfsbane'!" Maybe that was more about my own existential writing crisis than the story itself. :)

So cool that you noticed the change in style! I love my readers so much.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Indeterminate Time as the point where I started losing my grip on Buffyverse writing.

I loved spending time with Buffy as she worked these things out. It’s a favorite of mine. Sometimes a story that you think doesn’t work as well, works great for your readers. On of my least favorite fics of mine has the most kudos. I’m always like - really? Lol.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Great job on the podcast @Kairos ! I loved listening to your thoughts and writing process.
I will join the choruses of those asking for sequels! Lol. (Come back to us....) :p:D

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
This episode was so great! I kept nodding along to things you said, @Kairos. So many good points! Also, I wanted the rest of the series before, but now I *really* want the rest of the series. I know, I know, Frank and Karen, but .... BUFFY and ANGEL. Think about how much you love them. We need to be saved from the Ram and the Hart! And, hey, you've got nine months until November. Not that I bring that up for any particular reason. :p

I really appreciated your answers to all my repetitive questions! I especially liked earlier in the podcast when you talked about the element of naivety to Angel's view re: Buffy having to take on a lesser-of-two-evils decision. I hadn't really thought about it that way, probably because I shared Angel's view. :)

Kairos

Joyous Rebel
Thanks @Grace and @dcai0830 for listening! Sorry for not saying so sooner, I've been sick and lethargic. (And still haven't listened to the podcast myself...yeah I have issues hearing my own recorded voice.)

I really liked your questions! Even the second opportunity to explain what I like about Spike/Faith. :) Although at the end I had the thought that I had talked about them more than Buffy/Angel, which struck me as odd. I guess previous guests covered that ship already (thanks guys!).

I especially liked earlier in the podcast when you talked about the element of naivety to Angel's view re: Buffy having to take on a lesser-of-two-evils decision. I hadn't really thought about it that way, probably because I shared Angel's view.

That's one of my fandom pet peeves: Angel gets criticized for never being able to find a third option to save the day, like Buffy does, but that's just written into their respective stories. It's not that Angel doesn't look for the third option; it just doesn't exist.

I knew as soon as they picked this story that I was going to have to face my chronically unfinished series problem. And then, the way I went on about it, you'd think I was encouraging people to want a sequel. Well, maybe this is just what I needed?

*Frank and Karen tap me on the shoulder* Dammit! Go away!

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Sorry you’ve been sick, @Kairos! Hope you are feeling better.

(And still haven't listened to the podcast myself...yeah I have issues hearing my own recorded voice.)

Right there with you. I did listen to pieces of the episode I was on eventually, but not the whole thing!

*Frank and Karen tap me on the shoulder* Dammit! Go away!

That’s the spirit!

Top Bottom