• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Sunnydale Fanfic Club: Moonstruck

W

WillowFromBuffy

I'm like halfway through chapter 2. This is a very clever story. Mostly, it really transcends slash fiction, except for some jarring moments where everyone has erections for some reason.
I am not good with ratings, but this seems a little low. There is some quite gruesome body horror.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I am not good with ratings, but this seems a little low. There is some quite gruesome body horror.

Thanks for noting this. There is also a warning on the fic that I should have included: "Warnings: a later chapter in the first story, 'Moonstruck' includes description of vivisection."

I am about three chapters in, and I think it's well-done so far. But definitely some gruesome parts.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Totally had to google vivisection! (Shame)

Off topic: This fic is named after one of my all time favorite movies with Cher and Nicholas Cage.

“I’m in love with you”
“Snap out of it!”

I get the impression this story is different.

W
WillowFromBuffy
Ouch! Hope it won't give you nightmares.
Grace
Grace
Yeah, it's the kind of thing you wish there wasn't a word for...

Trepkos

Townie
I'm here, if anyone has any more questions/comments/concrit. Sorry you found the rating insufficient, WillowFromBuffy - I mainly rated it "mature" for the sexual side of things, as I didn't think it warranted "explicit" considering some I've read. I had assumed "vivisection" would sufficiently convey the horror aspect, and "body horror" was not something I'd heard of when I posted it. That tag has now been added. Thanks to all who read the fic.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Nice to see you here, @Trepkos! I unfortunately haven’t gotten to finish the podcast but I’m looking forward to it!

Your story was really well-crafted and the ending was amazing!

I actually clapped my hands with glee when I read this line: “She smirked, telegraphing that one of her laboured jests was on the station platform, buying its ticket.”

W

WillowFromBuffy

I'm here, if anyone has any more questions/comments/concrit. Sorry you found the rating insufficient, WillowFromBuffy - I mainly rated it "mature" for the sexual side of things, as I didn't think it warranted "explicit" considering some I've read. I had assumed "vivisection" would sufficiently convey the horror aspect, and "body horror" was not something I'd heard of when I posted it. That tag has now been added. Thanks to all who read the fic.
This has happened before. I read a story without looking at the warnings, and then I give the author a hard time. I did it to dcai here. I am just a little squeamish. It doesn't mean I don't like the story. Pay more attention to all the compliments I have given you and likely will give you once I've had the chance to read the story. I've been busy travelling and doing midterm work at school for the past three weeks. I'll be sure to give you a proper review once I've had the time to read it all.

I am actually planning to write a fic using some of the same ideas as yours. It is no similar enough that I think you're gonna find it a rip-off. No ribcages will be opened, but it will definitely contain some intense horror of its own. I am a total hypocrite.

Trepkos

Townie
Nice to see you here, @Trepkos! I unfortunately haven’t gotten to finish the podcast but I’m looking forward to it!

Your story was really well-crafted and the ending was amazing!

I actually clapped my hands with glee when I read this line: “She smirked, telegraphing that one of her laboured jests was on the station platform, buying its ticket.”
Thank you - I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I had a great time doing the podcast - had a sore throat by the end!
Post automatically merged:

This has happened before. I read a story without looking at the warnings, and then I give the author a hard time. I did it to dcai here. I am just a little squeamish. It doesn't mean I don't like the story. Pay more attention to all the compliments I have given you and likely will give you once I've had the chance to read the story. I've been busy travelling and doing midterm work at school for the past three weeks. I'll be sure to give you a proper review once I've had the time to read it all.

No worries - it's good that you made me think about things. Best of luck with your work, and I hope you will enjoy the rest.

I am actually planning to write a fic using some of the same ideas as yours. It is no similar enough that I think you're gonna find it a rip-off. No ribcages will be opened, but it will definitely contain some intense horror of its own. I am a total hypocrite.

I will look out for it!

Last edited:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
@Trepkos - I'm hoping to get to reading your story soon! You seem to enjoy writing for Riley the character. That is refreshing as he is not written for enough in our fandom. Have you read Yahtzhee's - The Quality of Mercy . It's not slash but it is an interesting character study on Riley and Angel post Into the Woods/Epiphany. I recommend it!

Trepkos

Townie
@Trepkos - I'm hoping to get to reading your story soon! You seem to enjoy writing for Riley the character. That is refreshing as he is not written for enough in our fandom. Have you read Yahtzhee's - The Quality of Mercy . It's not slash but it is an interesting character study on Riley and Angel post Into the Woods/Epiphany. I recommend it!

The name sounds familiar, but I'm not sure - I'll check it out in case I have missed it. Thank you!

@Trepkos do you know how I can get in contact with Anna S (Eliade)?
I'm afraid she doesn't get involved in fandom any more. But she does have an e-mail address attached to her AO3 account - you could give it a try, but don't be surprised if she fails to reply! eliade - Profile | Archive of Our Own

JforJenny

Townie
Sineya
The name sounds familiar, but I'm not sure - I'll check it out in case I have missed it. Thank you!

I'm afraid she doesn't get involved in fandom any more. But she does have an e-mail address attached to her AO3 account - you could give it a try, but don't be surprised if she fails to reply! eliade - Profile | Archive of Our Own
Thanks!

Top Bottom