• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Symbols representing a ship/character

Willow Tara

Love the Buffyverse♥️ Tillow Forever!!!
Don't know if that's interesting for anyone but me or if that belongs here but... What symbols do you think represent Willow/Tara? For example: the extra flamy candle. I mean Angel/Buffy have the claddagh ring, the cross necklace, they even have a song that represents this ship (Close your Eyes). Willow and Oz you could say the little palz witch. Or what do you think represents ships you like? I also don't know what could represent Fred/Wes (they had just too little screentime! :( ) Or what would represent Spuffy? (The actual reason why I'm asking this is because I can't draw faces. And I wanna draw pictures for my favourite characters/ships and I love drawing symbols/things that kinda represent them. I made one just representing the Buffyverse in general with just random Buffyverse symbols. But I don't know what to draw for my favourite ships/characters. If you have any ideas, not just for the couples I asked for, please write them. For any character or ship that you have an idea, if I get enough to fill a picture of one topic of the Buffyverse I'll try my luck and draw a picture.)

MarieVampSlayer

Cup of tea, cup of tea, almost got shagged, cup...
Sineya
For Oz and Willow I would see the monkey cookie with pants.

For Oz and Tara I love the candle idea or maybe Miss Kitty Fantastico.

For Fred/Wes that one is hard...I'll have to think about it and come back to you!

For Spuffy maybe handcuffs for S6, a flaming big cross like in Beneath you or flaming hands holding like in Chosen.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Signed bank note for Wesley and Lilah.
Peanuts characters or entangled feet for Willow and Xander.
Crumpled box of chocolate for Spuffy. We're the chocolates in the dustbin. :p

Can you draw hands? You could do a burning embrace of hands for Spuffy and a hand holding a string that leads up to the sky for Kennedy and Willow.

SES SA

Potential
A crystal ball...because they're witches. Or a vending machine. Not as romantic as a claddagh ring, but more practical.

Fred/Wesley would be a shotgun and a flamethrower crossed. Metal.

Spuffy would be a dinged box of chocolates.

Sineya
What you're doing sounds awesome! :)

Willow-Tara: A single red rose would be a symbol- like that flying rose in the episode when they're trying to do a lifting spell (New Moon Rising?)
Also - not sure if this counts as symbolism....but it's an aspect of Willow and Tara that's been looked at in BtVS scholarship so thought I'd share:

Wilcox: "Tara McClay just as surely connects through her name and her nature to the power of the earth (which of course Tara means) and the limitations of the clay of human flesh: Tara, who comes from the country and weighs a little closer to American average than Hollywood standard, and who sometimes mothers Dawn when Buffy can't - Tara can be seen as something of an earth mother. Of course, Willow the tree, is rooted in Tara, the earth - and uprooted when Tara is lost. She is perhaps the most closely connected to nature of any of the Scoobies." (Wilcox, Why Buffy Matters, 2005)

- In the essay "Set On This Earth Like Rubble", Wilcox explains: "When Willow realises she has lost Tara, she has lost the world: Tara's name means earth (her last name, McClay, reiterates the point), and Willow has been rooted in Tara, the earth." (from Buffy Goes Dark: Essays on the Final Two Seasons of BtVS on Television, 2009.)

Spuffy: I think a silver lighter would be a symbol/ hands being held in fire/ torches/ chocolates - whatever comes most easily!

Last edited:
Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Oh my god!!!!!! I LOOOOVE that!!!! You mean that the Willow tree is rooted in Tara, the earth. I absolutely love this! Thank you so much. I have never geard of that before.
LilyAnne
LilyAnne
I have those books too!

Willow Tara

@nightshade buffy spike something blue 2.gif
Do you mean this ring? Does it have a skull on top? I wish I had an image where you can see the ring better. (Or do you maybe mean the gem of amara?)

Willow Tara

Not sure if this counts as symbolism....but it's an aspect of Willow and Tara that's been looked at in BtVS scholarship so thought I'd share: :)

Wilcox: "Tara McClay just as surely connects through her name and her nature to the power of the earth (which of course Tara means) and the limitations of the clay of human flesh: Tara, who comes from the country and weighs a little closer to American average than Hollywood standard, and who sometimes mothers Dawn when Buffy can't - Tara can be seen as something of an earth mother. Of course, Willow the tree, is rooted in Tara, the earth - and uprooted when Tara is lost. She is perhaps the most closely connected to nature of any of the Scoobies." (Wilcox, Why Buffy Matters, 2005)

- In the essay "Set On This Earth Like Rubble", Wilcox explains: "When Willow realises she has lost Tara, she has lost the world: Tara's name means earth (her last name, McClay, reiterates the point), and Willow has been rooted in Tara, the earth." (from Buffy Goes Dark: Essays on the Final Two Seasons of BtVS on Television, 2009.)
Really I love that sooo much! I have heared of the book (Why Buffy matters) before but never of that. I have to buy this book now!!!!

SunnydaleGlitz
SunnydaleGlitz
I know, right? It's such a poetic yet fitting metaphor for them! Why Buffy Matters is an interesting read, worth it if you love the show ;)

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
Bangel - Claddagh
Dangel(us) - baby or fangs
Fresley - glasses and books
Sprusilla - Sex Pistols record? (Sid and Nancy) Drusilla's burnt doll? DeSoto?
Spuffy - handcuffs
Tillow - pentagram
Woz - PEZ witch
Xanya - demonic wedding bells
Cander - Valentine necklace
Frunn - pancakes
Calendiles - red rose and computer
Cangel - shell bikini? Invoice? money?
Coyle - kiss with blue light
Xillow - yellow crayon

Last edited:
Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Thank you! That's alot of ideas!
EarthLogic
EarthLogic
Lol @ invoice for Cangel!
Sprusilla:

An empty birdcage with the quote "Would you like a new bird? One that's not dead?"
(Is it wrong that I'm imagining a cat version of Spike saying that to a cat version of Drusilla? I saw some fan art on here somewhere with a cat Spike and a cat Buffy)

Tillow:

Tara's gravestone beneath a Willow tree

Anya:

A wealthy rabbit (representing Anya's love of money and fear of bunnies), It's a money bunny!

LilyAnne
LilyAnne
That's too sad for Tillow!
Willow Tara
Willow Tara
sprusilla: good idea! Tillow: sad, but beautiful! Anya: lol.

LilyAnne

I do doodle. You too, you do doodle too.
In “Who Are You?”, after Tara realizes that Buffy isn’t Buffy (one of my favorite character moments for her), Willow and Tara do the ritual where Tara has to be Willow's "anchor" while they summon a Katra from the Neatherrealms that ultimately reverses the Draconian Katra Spell Faith used on Buffy. This is the O spell, and it is implied that it indicates their "first time" together. (That episode was written/directed by Joss, and in "Back to the Hellmouth", he refers to it as "the best sex scene we ever shot.") You could use that Katra as a symbol for them. Obviously it wouldn't glow, but maybe a green stone or something?
(Please excuse my bad pictures, I took them off my television screen. :p)

Tara - "The Netherrealm exists beyond the physical world. It's kind of like astral projection. It's very intense. I'd have to be your anchor. Keep you on this plane."
Willow - "I trust you."
Tara - "It's not like anything that we've ever..."
Willow - "I trust you."

93BD55CD-0DED-42D5-BCF3-17E90B0FB18D.jpeg
311DD71F-7872-4F80-86B9-D8DC7788C965.jpeg

Last edited:
Willow Tara
Willow Tara
I love that!!!!!! good idea thanks!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
challenge accep *points at Ted*

Willow Tara

I'm gonna start with the Willow and Tara one tomorrow. (I think I'm about 8 hours later than you when you're in the USA... But I'm really not sure. For me it's evening right now...) It's never too late to write ideas! So even when I'm finished with a picture I'm still happy about ideas for the topic because maybe I'll do a second one. And I wanted to say thank you again for all your help and great ideas. You're all so nice. Thank you.

Last edited:

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Faith/Buffy is a heart with a stake through it, obviously, like the one drawn on the window. I've seen one symbol with Faith's thorn arm tattoo wrapped/coiled around a lip-stick (i.e Buffy) or Mr. Pointy, that was cool.
Also Mr. Gordo wielding Faith's bad-ass knife! Okay, I just made that one up. :)
Also handcuffs are a theme- at least in S3- as they get handcuffed by the cops and later handcuffed during their final fight. Any dream imagery is good since they share dreams; kittens, open graves, clean sheets and making beds. Pretty diverse stuff.

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Thank you. Like your ideas. Defenitely have to make a Fuffy one!

S Rou

Potential
Signed bank note for Wesley and Lilah.
Peanuts characters or entangled feet for Willow and Xander.
Crumpled box of chocolate for Spuffy. We're the chocolates in the dustbin. :p

Can you draw hands? You could do a burning embrace of hands for Spuffy and a hand holding a string that leads up to the sky for Kennedy and Willow.
Don't forget the #YellowCrayon for Xander and Willow.