• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Tara in Touched/Empty Places

westing000

Townie
If Tara had lived, where do you think she would have stood when they all kicked Buffy out of the house? I just can't picture her participating in a mutiny, even if Willow did.

T
thrasherpix
I couldn't picture what happened, either. First time I rewound and watched again to see what I missed, and then assumed a magical influence of some sort that Willow would eventually discover and counter, but nope.

KaitKat

Potential
I can very easily see Tara being concerned about Buffy’s judgment just as Willow is, which is the extent of Willow’s participation in the “mutiny.” While Tara has always been kind and sympathetic towards Buffy I also can’t see her as stepping in to defend Buffy when she starts in with her paranoid ranting about Giles and Faith conspiring against her when she was the one who called the meeting.

Faith was never against Buffy but stated that she needed a siesta, to be honest I think the Scoobies felt the same and I can see Tara feeling the same. I can also see Tara following Buffy out of the house the way that Faith did.

Faded90

Scooby
I think she’d have taken a passive almost sheepish stance in EP

It’s certain she’d have showed more worry for Buffy in Touched than the others did which other than Faith was zero. She’d have also possibly seen the hypocrisy of their plan more than the others did

So EP I don’t think would change but Touched possibly would

KaitKat

Potential
I think she’d have taken a passive almost sheepish stance in EP

It’s certain she’d have showed more worry for Buffy in Touched than the others did which other than Faith was zero.

This! She’s compassionate but passive. I think some fans see her as a saint and think that none of Season 7’s problems would have happened with her around and I don’t believe that.

Faded90

Scooby
This! She’s compassionate but passive. I think some fans see her as a saint and think that none of Season 7’s problems would have happened with her around and I don’t believe that.
Ah yeah like Tara’s a lovely person but honestly I think almost nothing would have changed in S7 if she’d been around. Obviously Kennedy wouldn’t have been as inner circle and I like to think Buffy would have felt able to tell her to F off but other than minor Kennedy dynamic changes I don’t see much else changing

Tara was a lovely person but she’s not the ‘everyone’s best friend’ as she sometimes has a rep for

KaitKat
KaitKat
I agree I love Tara, I think Buffy could use a friend like her but she usually doesn’t affect the plot unless it’s something happening to her.

Antho

Scooby
I see Tara as someone posed, calm, who doesn’t speak without thinking. On Empty place, like I imagine her : she wouldn’t take a side. She would tried to calm down things. She would tried to listen everyone’s opinion and to understand everyone’s point of view.

KaitKat
KaitKat
I agree but I don’t think it wouldn’t made a difference.
Top Bottom