• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Tara was meant to have died sooner

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I can't see Willow doing that and if she did she probably couldn't come back from it. So she'd have to be a proper villain.
That could have been cool.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Could you elaborate on that? I get that it is taking the name of the lord in vain, but is it more than that?
Sure. If the taking in vain isn't a big deal to you though, I don't think it will be of much significance. Since adonai is the sacred title you speak or write when you encounter the tetragrammaton (though sometimes it occurs on its own) so as to not mistakenly speak or write the holy name, I find it disrespectful and in poor taste. Though it is a place holder, it still represents the holiness of the name. If you don't consider it holy then there is no taking it in vain obviously, but one can still respect a faith tradition and not use it casually as I think is commonplace to do. Throwing in adonai to spice up a sacrifical magic spell in a tv-drama may not be a big deal for some, but I think it is a sign of an underlying dismissive disrespect.

To be clear, I'm not angry nor think they should be forbidden from doing so, but I find it about as annoying as I find it when Supernatural e.g. throw in Kali or Ganesh to spice up an episode a bit. Faith traditions are fair game in Hollywood, but I don't have to love it.

Top Bottom