• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Tara's best & worst outfits

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all,

Tara was a shy girl but she was sometimes very pretty and fun with her clothes. Let's list some of her best look.

Here is my favorite:

This dress looked perfect on her!

RachM
RachM
Probably my favourite Tar outfit ever, that dress is gorgeous!
Out for a walk
Out for a walk
They both look so pretty there.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all,

Ok so I love Tara to death but seriously the costume team sometimes had no clue how to dress her figure. So sadly, here are some of her worst looks.

For me, this one is really bad:

Even she looks unsure of this look!

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I think as a rule, they dressed like granola girls... very newagey and boring, almost asexual, and I've known lesbians who dressed like that, so it's probably kinda right. I liked Tara's song dress, but I thought the one Willow wore was dowdy as all get out. Love the hot girls outfits in the back of the food truck.

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
Poor Tara...they really let her down in the wardrobe department. Her outfit here isn't too bad:

Unfortunately they always dress her in clothes that were too baggy or didn't fit her figure right. So she normally got stuck in things like this, that make her look square:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
It's a shame that they dressed Tara in oversized, hippie curtains most of the time. It's like they were trying to make her look frumpy.

Then again, if they'd dressed her in form-fitting clothes, she would've outshone EVERY other girl. Amber is breathtakingly beautiful, like a work of art. She and Amy Acker aged incredibly well, unlike the other Buffyverse girls. :p

giphy.gif

c84d5930507edaf2c5a6aa3ce58cd354.jpg

9bcc9ad5f9ff7a7462fa656c114d713c.jpg

S Rou

Potential
I always liked Tara's womanly figure and features <3

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I really love this look on her and wished she had more outfits like this on the show!

I think they should've let Amber Benson have a little bit more control over Tara's character. She was very church mouse in personality, all shy and soft spoken, yet there is a sense that she could've actually been quite a humorous snarky character. She mentions how she used to rebel against her family by staying out all night (something a timid person wouldn't do) and she actually needles Spike (by suggesting that he puts some ice on his "cramp").

That outfit seems more Amber than Tara.

Some of Tara's outfits don't look too bad though some are completely terrible.

Amber on the other hand tends to have a more natural style:

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Amber is gorgeous, but I don't think the costume designer did a great job dressing her. Not many of her outfits flatter her figure. It's almost like the designer was trying to make her look "homely" and heavier than she was.

Top Bottom