• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

**The 11th ANNUAL BUFFIES AWARDS - Ceremony thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
STAGE.jpg

*Taake walks onto the stage in a Victorian styled dress with a high lace collar*

Good evening everybody and welcome to the 11th annual Buffies Awards Ceremony!

*crowd goes wild*
*stakes and garlic are thrown on stage*

Oi! Watch it with those things! You could take somebody’s eye out!

Now.... how do you like my dress? Doesn’t it just compliment my horns? As you can see by my avatar I decided to wear my true face for the evening…

*indecipherable screams from the crowd*

No, I’m not a vampire! Such a lowly creature as… *mutters* I just borrowed some clothes from Drusilla’s old closet… she keeps the in Black Thorn you know, the best house that ever graced the…

*sees Buffy Summers*

… I mean, not that anyone here is biased. Sineya is super swell and I hear smells like roses!

Anyway, please take your seats, don’t crash the stage, help yourself to the buffet table and please let our army of invisible people, led by Sunnydale’s own Marcie, serve your beverages through the evening.

While everyone settles down, please enjoy this blast from the past Dubba Dubba Dance! Keep an eye out for your BtVS and Ats favorites!

*hurries off stage as garlic is really starting reek a bit*

Clean up! Somebody!

Spanky
Spanky
Awww. Like a true black thornian, you're all horny. Excuse me I have to go pee pee.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Is this thing on? *taps mic*
@Athena stop snogging your date... you're just bragging now :p

Spanky
Spanky
maybe all those balls bounced her up into the rafters
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
The inmates are threatening to spill out of control lol
AshSlays
AshSlays
She probably just covered her dress in glue, jumped into a ball pit, and now she's floating into the ceiling.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh, I'm so honoured, I can't believe I'm up first!

**Sashays gracefully towards the stage, clutching late grandmothers pearls and wiping away a small nervous tear**

Thank you @Taake for that wonderful introduction. I'd like to thank my family, friends, and especially my mom..... there she is in the crowd.....

**hushed whispers**

What?

It's not my award?

I can't win an award?

Oh.

Well that's awkward!

I'm here to PRESENT an award?! Oh, sweet! Let's do that instead!

Apologies for any confusion! I'm here to announce the nominees for The Giles Award, BB's most knowledgeable member! And the nominees are

Mr Trick, TriBel, GwenRaiden, WillowFromBuffy, Carrie Hopewell, Grace, NileQT87, Mrs Gordo, Ethan Reigns, white avenger, thetopher, Nix, RomanticSoul, POTN, sk, sosa lola, RachM, Last Watcher

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
And I have the winner here in this lovely golden envelope!

*Fumbles with envelope*

Are these stuck down with superglue or something?

*Tears envelope with fangs.... I mean teeth*

And the winner is

Mrs Gordo!

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
A MVP as the first winner. I like it! Congrats.
Mylie
Mylie
YAY!!!
GraceK
GraceK
Woot woot!
Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Wow... This was a surprise!

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
It doesn't look like Mrs Gordo is here this evening, obviously being the most knowledgeable means she's off in the Sunnydale stacks somewhere, so I guess I'll just have to accept this award on her behalf!

**eyes up award lovingly**

In any case the show must go on, so to present the next award please welcome back Taake!

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
*Taake on the phone*
Look, if you don't sign, we'll sue your ass off and kill your children. Just kidding, Donald. Nobody wants a lawsuit.
*sees crowd*
Oh, right. I’ll have to call you back.
*flattens dress*
*smiles*

@Mrs Gordo is weclome up to say her words as soon as she can, but until then ... as Freddie Mercury would say "the show must go on". Speaking of definitely *not* killing anyone our next award is the:

The Class Protector Award - BB's Most Helpful member

Nominated in this category are:
Last Watcher
Mr. Trick
TriBel
Grace
Mrs Gordo
Ethan Reigns
HoppyHippy
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
RachM

And the Buffy goes to…

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
One of the biggies!

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
*rips open envelope using the tip of my horns*

@Last Watcher !
bb-classprotector.png
https://buffy-boards.com/styles/awards/bb-classprotector.png

I don't see Last Watcher in the crowd, but luckily he was able to send us a message in advance:

I was lucky enough to win the Class protector award last year, so to win it again is really something special. I was up against some pretty tough competition so I am very proud to get the nod for Most helpful Board member again.
Hopefully I can keep it up & maybe go for three in a row?
So to those of you that nominated & voted me for this award. I thank you & I'm glad I could help!
So to sum up.....Again? Thankyou! Glad I could help! *Bows*
I'll add others as they come in (hopefully)

Thank you Last Watcher, we're glad you're here to help!

Now welcome to the stage @nightshade

Foxy
Foxy
Congrats!!!
Grace
Grace
Well-deserved, LW!!!
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Congrats! I'm really pleased!
AshSlays
AshSlays
Really well freaking deserved!
Willow Tara
Willow Tara

nightshade

I don't understand your definition of good news
Staff member
Black Thorn
*quickly puts snacks back into pockets*

Next up is the Storyteller Award for BB's best writer.

The nominees for this one are:

Taake, Grace, Last Watcher, WillowFromBuffy, Mrs Gordo

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Have my figures crossed for the right outcome...

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Now, being the masterful writer that she is @Mrs Gordo did leave us an acceptance speech for this vey occasion

"Thank you all so very much for voting for me! I truly mean it when I say that my fellow nominees are amazing writers and we are very lucky to have them writing for our fandom. Thank you to everyone who supports fan fiction and fan fiction writers!"

We full heartedly agree with and love your love of fanfiction. More fanfiction please!

Now, it is time to get our Jonathan on. No, not on Jonathan, you gutterminds!
It is time for: The Superstar Award - BB's most avid fan

Nominated in this category are
Mr Trick
Spikenbuffy
Willow Tara
Give Us A Kiss
Mylie
Lyri
Last Watcher
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
POTN
AnthonyCordova
WillowFromBuffy
Grace
Mrs Gordo
sosa lola

And the Buffy goes to….

Nix
Nix
lol gutterminds

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
THANK YOU, thank you, thank yooouuu!!! This award means so much to me :) Being called an "avid fan" is wonderful to hear. Since it is my favourite Fandom of all time.
This is my first time of the Buffies and I would have never even dreamed about being nominated for anything.
Buffy-Boards is my favourite place on the net, because I can talk about my favourite things with my favourite people, the people who share my love for this incredible and amazing fandom!
I love everything that is related to the Whedonverse in any way! I loved the Buffyverse and things with Buffyverse actors before, but now...
I am so thankful for this boards, it made me even more of a fangirl than I was before, if that was even possible. Before I registered here on BB, I knew about Firefy, Dr.Horrible and Dollhouse, but BB reminded me of it and I watched it. Now I love the whole Whedonverse with all of my heart. I am the most obsessed (and "avid" ;)) Buffy and Whedon fan in my family and of my friends. But being nominated (or winning) an award like this, on a board that is filled with members who are as obssesed with the show as I am, that is incredible and I would have never thought it would be possible. Everyone on BB is an avid fan, someone who loves the fandom and all that comes with it.
What makes us fans?
That we can quote every single word of the show(s)?
Know the episode title by a discription of the clothes a character wore in that episode? (Not kidding, I played that game. A friend had screencaps, tolde me a character and was discribing the clothes. And I named the episodes... But I don't like to brag...

I had like 9/10 correct or something ;) lol. And the one I didn't know was Spike, who only wears different outfits in a few episodes, for example: the hawaiian shirt in doomed or the blue in beneath you and a few more... So when my friend said "Spike: Red shirt, black t-shirt and black leather coat" I had lots of episodes to choose from...)
Does it make us avid fans, that we met actors from the show?
That we use frases from the show in our everyday live?
Thinking about the fandom in any situation possible? Like for example...
That we hear a word and immdiately think of Buffy and a scene that word is used in?
Seeing a brown jacket and thinking: "Browncoat"?
Naming all the episodes of Buffy from Welcome to the Hellmout - Chosen in your head, to relax when you get a vaccination? (I hope that´s the right word... I had to google that.)
Doing presentations about it for school?
Drawing Whedonverse comics for art class in school?
Does it make us a fan that we have no wall space left, because almost every inch is filled up with Buffy posters, pictures, autographs, calenders, figures etc.?
That we walk down the street with a "Jayne hat" and everyone knows we're not affraid of anything?
Having a pinterst account with nothing but Whedonverse related pins?
Having a claddagh ring, wearing it everday and planning on giving one to someone, someday if you find the "right" person?
Doing loads of fan videos and fan art?
Custom making the Sayer Scythe and Faith's knife with your parents?
Listening to the OMWF, Dr.Horrible soundtrack & more when you go to sleep or you are on a very long train ride? (And then never getting the songs out of your head ;) :p)
Not remembering one single day since you know the fandom, that you didn't at least think of it?
Constantly talking to your friends and family about the Buffy/Whedonverse?
Having more books/comics about Buffy than all your other books combined?
Looking at pictures of the cast every single day (digital or actual photos)?
Going online on an absolutely amazing Fan-Forum ;) everyday?
Having a Buffy/Whedonverse collection?
Wanting that collection to grow and not even being close to having enough items in your opinion? And your christmas/birthday etc wishlist consists only of Buffy/Whedonverse merch?
Thinking about the Whedon/Buffyverse every single day?
No. Though all of this is true for me, this doesn't make me a fan. I can be a fan without owning any Buffy merchandise, never having met any of the actors and knowing the show for 1 day. I don't have to think about it every single day to be a passionate fan (though to be honest I do almsot 24/7... okay lets make it 16/7, 'cause I do sleep and go to school... I don't know, but defenitely everyday and a loooot each day.) I am not a fan since over 20 years, but I am a fan... Apparently even a fan that is called an "avid" fan by some other fans (which makes me very, very happy :D). You know what makes me a fan? My love for the fandom. I love it with all of my heart and it is my passion. It is my life and it would still be a huge part of my life, even if I wouldn't think about it every single day. It is such a big part of my life. Not because of all the time I spent "with" it, thinking about it etc... (which is a loooooot) But because of the meaning it has in my life, when I think about it. We are fans, because we live and love the fandom and because it means so much to us. We are the people who keep the fandom alive.

Thank you all so much to everyone who voted for me. This really means a lot to me :D Buffy is my all time favourite show! The Whedonverse is my all time favourite fandom!!! I LOOOOVE IT SO MUCH! And this award means a lot. Thank you all! :)
Whedonverse FOREVER!!!!!!! :D

I ran to my parents immediately when I got nominated for two awards and I was so soo excited and told them all about it,

will do the same now, when I see I won something!
Thank you all :D

Okay that was a little long... Sorry I am really nervouse right now... I am trambeling right now...

Spanky
Spanky
Holy cow! What a speech. Congrats. You deserve it.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Wow that is a speech and an half! Great job!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
...and that is why she won 🤗
AshSlays
AshSlays
What a speech honey! Great job and luv ya!
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Congratulations, sweetie!! You deserve it!!!! ❤❤❤

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
*Brinkster strolls out on the stage*

Hello everyone. Every year we recognize one member who keeps up with all Whedonverse news, this year we had numerous members who kept us all up to date, the nominees are:
Spanky
Grace
Last Watcher
Ethan Reigns
Mr. Trick

And the Pulitzer....errrrrrr the Sunnydale Press Award goes to

buffy.png

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Spanky seems to have wondered off, probably hot on the press trail. Or planing a super evil prank. Either way the show must go on!

JUST KIDDING!

Spanky
Spanky
I'm slow woman! Don't rush me. You're like those damn Oscars that are playing the exit music when people are still talking.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Sorry. This might be a trainwreck, was not prepared. I honestly did not expect to win this- was even surprised to be nominated truth be told. I figured so many others were more deserving. I've won a few awards in the past but this is the first meaningful one I've won. And it's really a surprise. There were a lot of other people that were deserving as well. Shit, I think I said that already. Told you I wasn't expecting it.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes out for news and keep posting so that I can really earn this. Thanks a lot.

Foxy
Foxy
Congrats!
Nix
Nix
Congrats :)
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Very well done!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom