• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

**The 11th ANNUAL BUFFIES AWARDS - Ceremony thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Buffy walks across the stage and steps up to the mic, adjusting it before pausing to smile at the audience before leaning forward and beginning to speak. *

“Good evening.”

Buffy smiles to the assembled crowd.

“It is my pleasure to present the Lorne Award. This award is given each year to Buffy Boards’ friendliest member. The nominees are:”

* Clips play on the giant screens behind her of each of the nominees in turn. *

Last Watcher
Ethan Reigns
Mr Trick
sk
HowiMetdaSlayer
Grace
Mylie
RachM
HoppyHippy
ChaseRules
Nix
Puppet
NeonSlayer
DarkLordsHaunt
Carrie Hopewell
Anyanka Bunny Slayer

“And the Buffy goes to…”

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Am so nervous!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Wait what?!?

Hmm...

Just kidding, but seriously. I'm very honored just to be nominated along with these fine people...

Thanks Mods. I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the nominees and myself and I hope we've passed the sortition. :D

I'd like to thank the Academy. I'd like to thank my agents Coulson & Scully. Everyone at Mutant Enemy Productions, Wachowski Sisters, Mario brothers, Snoopy, Scooby, not Scrappy, Shaggy, Daffy & Donald (the duck, not the prez). I'd like to thank my cat, Felix. I'd like to thank my mom & dad - otherwise I wouldn't even be up here accepting this award. But there's one person I'd like to thank more than anyone: The Dude - cuz like him I abide (this award).

❤ you all! :)

DarkLordsHaunt
DarkLordsHaunt
*stands and applauds*
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Awesome speech! Well done again.
Willow Tara
Willow Tara
*applauds and screams* Great speech! You are amazing! And you deserve this award!
AshSlays
AshSlays
woo hoo!

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh Tom, you're so FUNNY! Let's just take one more.....

This photobooth ROCKS!

**hears name repeatedly over the tannoy**

Oh sugar, that's me needed to present another award.... sorry gorgeous, I'll be back later....

**arrives back on stage**

Cool. Being cool. The act of coolness. It's something often associated with my cool self, and thus it makes perfect cool sense for me to present the next cool award..... The Faith Award, for the member of BB who's just as cool as I am, if not more so! Ok, so definitely more so!

The nominees are:

Illyrian
Mr. Trick
Ethan Reigns
Bluebird
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Mrs Gordo
Spanky
The Bronze
Nix
GwenRaiden
RachM
Mylie
DeadlyDuo
ItMustBeBunnies
AnthonyCordova
Evil Seal
Blaze
cait aint dead

And the winner is.....

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Oh right I'm put through the ringer once again...
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
good luck!!

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
*Brinkster skips out on stage carefully holding a glass of bubbly*

How are you all doing this evening?

We have so many posters her at Buffy Boards, funny posters, thoughtful posters, shy posters, long-winded posters.....and a (large) handful of underrated posters. We see those excellent posts and wanted to give them the credit they deserve. The nominees for the Winifred Burkle Award for most underrated poster are:

Puppet
The Bronze
Last Wacher
Ethan Reigns
DeepBlueJoy
RachM
TamsinValencia
DeadlyDuo
HoppyHippy
Mylie
whiteavenger
Bluebird
AnthonyCordova
thetopher
Carrie Hopewell
Professor Walsh
Spikenbuffy
EarthLogic

Phew, that is a lot of you! And the winner is:

buffy.png

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Mylie must be partying too hard to make it to the stage now. Here is a little pre-prepped speech from her:

It's an honor to just be nominated. I'm so pleased to see that my posts are appreciated even if they are not very numerous these days. I'd like to thank everyone who nominated and voted for me. And this place for bringing interesting topics to discuss even after all those years!

Happy Buffies to everyone :)

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Now it’s time for a bit of halftime shenaningans! Round up your dates, .look for your lost shoes, try to find your way out of the BT basement, have another drink, take a trip to the photobooth (if Athena and Tom EVER GET OUT OF THERE!) *pointed stare*, or watch some of the entertainment we’ve got set for you this evening…

Unforgettable Buffy moments…

An unforgettable Buffy character

and let’s not forgot, one of this evening’s sponsors! Dragon Quest IX! With Seth Green’s seal of approval!

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Love those classic Cordy moments! And no Connor to spoil them, ha!

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Now, we all like a bit of fun every now and then… I myself like to tell some jokes, it’s not for nothing my friends like to compare me to that incomparable wit Buzz Killington of Family Guy fame… now, who’d like to hear a story about a bridge?

No one? Really? Well, you’re loss, I guess we’ll just move right on ahead *tugs Pee Pee demons chain*

Great, so, our next award is :
The Xander/Anya Award – for BB’s funniest member

Nominated in this category are:
Illyrian
Spanky
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Vellavu
WillowFromBuffy

and the Buffy goes to....

*replaces drum roll with canned laughter*

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
*runs back to ceremony slightly disheveled*

Thanks you guys!!! Three years in a row? Awesomeness!!!!! Sorry my lipstick is smeared....I was just..well, in the bathroom with Sebastian. You know how it is. He's too tired to join us right now. 😈

I love you guys. Thank you. ❤

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Congrats! You deserve this award!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
congrats again
AshSlays
AshSlays
Congrats!
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Nice speech congrats.
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Congrats ABS :)

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn

Oh, hello there! You found me again! And I've found Dan, as well as Tom. Looks like I'll be having a fun after party. Don't come knocking if Athena's PM's are rocking..... ;)Aren't these boys just the CUTEST!?

Speaking of cute, I'm back again for the final time this evening to present the Li'l Pumpkin Belly Award. The award for the cutest member of BB.

There are so many cute members, but the nominees for this award are:

HoppyHippy
Willow Tara
Mrs Gordo
Antho
HowiMetdaSlayer
Nix
TamsinValencia
DarkLordsHaunt
Fuffy Baith
Athene

And the Buffy goes to

Taake
Taake
*wolf whistles* at the dress
Reactions: Nix

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Thank you!!!
Oh my god! This is my first year of the Buffies and it is soooo amazing! I would have never even dreamed about winning anything. And now even two awards?!? I don't know what to say... And I really don't know in what way my posts are cute. But thanks. BB is my favourite place on the net. I love writing with all of you about Buffy and more. You're all so nice and I am touched and flattered (if you can say that... Sorry used googlr translate again...) that you thought of me for this award.

Thank you, everyone who voted for me. You have to know that this means a lot to me.

Well that was not as long as the other speech, but as I said... I just don´t know what to say.
Thank you guys! Love you all!!!

But anyways I am here with the cutest person of all no one can compete to her. ;)
Amy-Acker-amy-acker-40007453-268-345.gif
tumblr_inline_mgtzyoCIrJ1ryioy7.gif

Last edited:
AshSlays
AshSlays
aaaaaw!
Spanky
Spanky
You should win newcomer of the year award too after tonight.
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Love you!!! 😃
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Congrats again!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom