Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
4. See 1 through 3.
Come on, register already!
*Brinkster returns to the stage with a few tissues*
People come and people go, it's never easy, but it's just the cycle of life. Every year we present the Doyle Award to the most missed member who is no longer active, and let me tell you, this years list brings tears to my eyes.
This years nominees are:
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Fool for Buffy
Black Eye Guy
*wipes eyes with tissue*
*Looks out at the crowd*
Wow, not a dry eye in this place!
We hope wherever you all are that you are happy and well! We miss you all so much, and as always the door is open to make a glorious return!
* Chris plants a kiss on Buffy’s Buffy's cheek as she rises and moves to the stage. Her gaze sweeps over the crowd as she smiles at the audience. *
"And now it is my honor to present the goldenboy Award. This award is named after one of our esteemed - and very much missed - members whose love of the board and the Whedonverse exemplifies what it means to be a BB member. It is given each year by the staff to the member who most represents the spirit of Buffy-Boards.”
* Buffy looks over the audience, allowing the anticipation to build. *
“It is my pleasure to announce the winner of the 2019 goldenboy Award is…”
“Congratulations to someone who is much appreciated on these boards! Puppet could not be here with us today, so I graciously accept this award on her behalf.
Before I present the next award, I would like to call Taake up here to make a very special presentation.”
Once upon a time there was a little moderator called Athena, she went so above and beyond her duties that during a Buffy ceremony, just like this one *gather round children* she got an award created entirely in her honor! The Athena Award, for most appreciated moderator!
Last year, she gracefully handed me her crown and I was both stunned and honored to wear it until now…
when it is time to pass it along to our diligent, good spirited and tirelessly innovative...
“The voting was unanimous by the way for that last award, folks.”
*Buffy pauses for the applause as she looks down at the envelope she had be given for the next award. She looks at Taake. Then down at the name of the award on the outside of the envelope in her hand. Then back at Taake. *
[hissing under her breath] “Do I really have to? Again? Why do I have to give the stupid thing out every year?”
* Buffy notices the crowd staring at her, and smiles, clearing her throat. She turns to face the audience. *
“I am so happy to…once again…present the Buffy Boards House Cup to the house that has won the most points during the previous year."
* She pulls the cup from behind the podium, and sets it on top. It looks like a plain gold cup, until she taps he finger on the rim, and suddenly it begins to shift and change color. *
"Congratulations to the winning house…[under her breath] again [throws a nasty look at Taake]… Black Thorn."
* The cup takes on distinct shade of purple and the BT logo. *
“@ILLYRIAN, would you like to come up and accept the cup on behalf of your house?”
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
Well there goes the time honoured pause for greater effect, I feel so honoured at doing this even though it is the umpteenth time we have won. But I will not forget those who stepped out and tried to win this award for their house, but hey keep trying and one year who knows we might let you win tee hee.
Seriously though it is a truly magnificent award and we will display it where you can see it, kind aren't we?
I would tell you the points scored, but why rub it in.
We at The House of Black Thorn grateiously accept the Buffy Boards House Cup.
(now can anyone tell me how to spell gratiously tee hee)
* Buffy hands the award to Illyrian, grumbling something about cheating. When she reaches the podium once again, she leans in to the microphone. *
“Congratulations to all members of Black Thorn.”
* Buffy takes a deep breath and composes herself, before smiling at the audience. *
“Well, that’s it for another year folks. On behalf of the staff, thank you for a fantastic awards ceremony, and a fantastic 17 years of Buffy Boards. Here’s hoping for another year like this last one, with so many great new faces joining us, and so many much loved members sticking around. We truly couldn’t do it without you all.
Also a special thank you to Athena, for putting this ceremony together, and Taake for MCing, as well as brinkster130 and nightshade for all their help making this happen. And thank you to all of the staff for all of your hard work this past year – you are all stars!
And thank you to Lyri and Spanky for the graphics you've seen tonight!”
* Buffy reaches behind the podium to retrieve a glass of champagne. *
“And now it’s time for everyone to head to the After Party – enjoy! Thank you and good night.”
* Buffy glides offstage in her Jimmy Choos, to where Chris Evans is waiting. She takes his arm, and is lead towards the After Party. *