• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

**The 11th ANNUAL BUFFIES AWARDS - Ceremony thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
*tries not to trip up as she gets back to the stage*

Time for the artyist award, the Sunnydale Art Gallery Award.

And the nominees are..

Taake
Puppet
RachM
Bloody William
Buffylover
Mrs Godo
Lyri
Nix

And the winner is...

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Looks like she's fast asleep, but she's sent us a few words:

Thank you to whomever nominated me and for everyone who voted for me! I'm so grateful to win and to be a part of these Boards and the Buffies!

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
*Brinkster returns to the stage with a few tissues*

People come and people go, it's never easy, but it's just the cycle of life. Every year we present the Doyle Award to the most missed member who is no longer active, and let me tell you, this years list brings tears to my eyes.

*sniff sniff*

This years nominees are:
Lyri
Blaze
Robb Stark
Bespangles
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Fool for Buffy
Priceless
Gwen Raiden
Blair
Black Eye Guy
MarieVampSlayer
Kean
PaulParmar1
RomanticSoul
Curious Pathos
Mesektet Ra
Guy

*wipes eyes with tissue*
*Looks out at the crowd*

Wow, not a dry eye in this place!

We hope wherever you all are that you are happy and well! We miss you all so much, and as always the door is open to make a glorious return!

And the winner is:

buffy.png

Taake
Taake
*cries* Miss you all you beautiful bastards!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Gone but not forgotten, if you were you wouldn't be mentioned here, nice sentiments though Taake.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Chris plants a kiss on Buffy’s Buffy's cheek as she rises and moves to the stage. Her gaze sweeps over the crowd as she smiles at the audience. *

"And now it is my honor to present the goldenboy Award. This award is named after one of our esteemed - and very much missed - members whose love of the board and the Whedonverse exemplifies what it means to be a BB member. It is given each year by the staff to the member who most represents the spirit of Buffy-Boards.”

* Buffy looks over the audience, allowing the anticipation to build. *

“It is my pleasure to announce the winner of the 2019 goldenboy Award is…”

Puppet!

“Congratulations to someone who is much appreciated on these boards! Puppet could not be here with us today, so I graciously accept this award on her behalf.

Before I present the next award, I would like to call Taake up here to make a very special presentation.”

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Now it's time for a very special award

Once upon a time there was a little moderator called Athena, she went so above and beyond her duties that during a Buffy ceremony, just like this one *gather round children* she got an award created entirely in her honor! The Athena Award, for most appreciated moderator!
Last year, she gracefully handed me her crown and I was both stunned and honored to wear it until now…

when it is time to pass it along to our diligent, good spirited and tirelessly innovative...

68ce4b583b9926d7f5060f4194b54eec.gif

@nightshade!

Please know how much we all appreciate you and how we see the hard work you do on these boards, they truly wouldn’t be the same without you!

Come accept your award!
AA.jpg
https://buffy-boards.com/styles/awards/AA.jpg

Spanky
Spanky
LOL that gif! HAHAH
Athena
Athena
Yay! Well done nightshade - you deserve this!!!
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Well Deserved Nightshade :)
AshSlays
AshSlays
REALLY WELL DESERVED!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Awwww

This clearly means I need a new job, as I'm on mostly when I'm at work! Thank you for this, I like to come up with random ideas and you guys encourage me to do them.

Thanks.

*runs of stage and hides away blushing*

Spanky
Spanky
You deserve it. Good job. And good black thorn by shirking work to play with us.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Congrats again!
Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Congrats! You are amazing and you really deserve it!!!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
running off stage and hiding behind curtains does not hide the blushes when the curtains are empathic.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
“The voting was unanimous by the way for that last award, folks.”

*Buffy pauses for the applause as she looks down at the envelope she had be given for the next award. She looks at Taake. Then down at the name of the award on the outside of the envelope in her hand. Then back at Taake. *

[hissing under her breath] “Do I really have to? Again? Why do I have to give the stupid thing out every year?”

* Buffy notices the crowd staring at her, and smiles, clearing her throat. She turns to face the audience. *

“I am so happy to…once again…present the Buffy Boards House Cup to the house that has won the most points during the previous year."

* She pulls the cup from behind the podium, and sets it on top. It looks like a plain gold cup, until she taps he finger on the rim, and suddenly it begins to shift and change color. *

"Congratulations to the winning house…[under her breath] again [throws a nasty look at Taake]… Black Thorn."

* The cup takes on distinct shade of purple and the BT logo. *

“@ILLYRIAN, would you like to come up and accept the cup on behalf of your house?”

Taake
Taake
*tries not to grin too smugly* *flips hair in triumph*
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Oh crud......
nightshade
nightshade
It was never going to be any different!
Athena
Athena
It's good to be bad..... ;-)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
Well there goes the time honoured pause for greater effect, I feel so honoured at doing this even though it is the umpteenth time we have won. But I will not forget those who stepped out and tried to win this award for their house, but hey keep trying and one year who knows we might let you win tee hee.
Seriously though it is a truly magnificent award and we will display it where you can see it, kind aren't we?
I would tell you the points scored, but why rub it in.

We at The House of Black Thorn grateiously accept the Buffy Boards House Cup.

(now can anyone tell me how to spell gratiously tee hee)

Taake
Taake
*claps* Wooohooo. Graciously bow's head to you! BT-pride!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Buffy hands the award to Illyrian, grumbling something about cheating. When she reaches the podium once again, she leans in to the microphone. *

“Congratulations to all members of Black Thorn.”

* Buffy takes a deep breath and composes herself, before smiling at the audience. *

“Well, that’s it for another year folks. On behalf of the staff, thank you for a fantastic awards ceremony, and a fantastic 17 years of Buffy Boards. Here’s hoping for another year like this last one, with so many great new faces joining us, and so many much loved members sticking around. We truly couldn’t do it without you all.

Also a special thank you to Athena, for putting this ceremony together, and Taake for MCing, as well as brinkster130 and nightshade for all their help making this happen. And thank you to all of the staff for all of your hard work this past year – you are all stars!

And thank you to Lyri and Spanky for the graphics you've seen tonight!”

* Buffy reaches behind the podium to retrieve a glass of champagne. *

“And now it’s time for everyone to head to the After Party – enjoy! Thank you and good night.”

* Buffy glides offstage in her Jimmy Choos, to where Chris Evans is waiting. She takes his arm, and is lead towards the After Party. *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom