• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

**The 12th ANNUAL BUFFIES AWARDS - Ceremony Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
*silence*

*the room is pitch black*

*the audience nervously titters and shifts in their seats*

“Ao! Who stepped on my foot?” – someone whispers but is quickly hushed

*the lights come on, revealing a glorious stage*

*a booming voice announces*

WELCOME to the ANNUAL BUFFY BOARDS AWARD CEREMONY!

This is THE BUFFIES!!

Please take your seats, ladies, gents, demons, celestial beings, and everything inbetween!

And as you settle down, here's a repeated treat from last year, we expect you all to know it by heart know, so don't be afraid to join in on the DUBBA DUBBA DANCE

*Taake Dubba Dubba's onto the stage like the best of them*

*slips, falls, and accidentally knocks over a row of awards, but quickly gets onto her feet*

Oh, that was, bracing.

Welcome everyone! Glad to have you here! It's been a great year in evil, I mean, Black Thorning, I mean... *cough* Buffy Boarding, now in a few seconds the ceremony will begin, so be kind to take your seat and try to keep the cheese tossing to a minimum, okay?

*sashays out*

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
*composes herself*

*tosses shoe over shoulder*

And now, let me welcome to the stage, to present the first award of the evening, ms @Buffy Summers (If she can tear herself away from her date) ;)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Buffy is startled away from her date's smoldering gaze as she hears Taake saying her name over the microphone. *

Oh, right, awards.

* She stands and makes her way to the stage, stopping at the podium to smile at the audience. *

Welcome, everyone, and thank you for joining us here tonight. It is my pleasure to kick things off tonight with the first award of the evening, The Giles Award.

The Giles Award is given each year to Buffy Boards' Most Knowledgeable Member. The nominees are:

Mr Trick
Last Watcher
Ethan Reigns
Hunga Munga
AndrewCrossett
DeadlyDuo
WillowFromBuffy
Puppet
RachM
Spanky
white avenger

And the Buffy goes to...

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Looks like Ethan Reigns couldn't be with us tonight, so here they are from special satellite feed from an undisclosed location!

Ethan Reigns: "I would like to thank all those who voted, even if it wasn't for me, because continued participation is what keeps this forum alive. In threads where we welcome new members, I have often said that the Buffy Boards is unusually civilized and intelligent for a fan forum and it started this way and has improved from the time I joined in 2012. So keep on learning and keep fighting for the right to speak freely even when you disagree with what other people are saying because this is the only way we do not degenerate into tyranny. And since this is a party, whatever I was drinking, I'll have another - my memory isn't what it never was."

Congratulations ER - we'll keep the statue warm for you.

And now @Taake will present the next award!

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Nice speech!

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Congratulations Ethan Reigns!

Now, the next award is the Class Protector Award - given to BB's Most Helpful member

The nominees are
MrTrick, LastWatcher, Ethan Reigns, HowiMetdaSlayer, Nix, Joan the Vampire Slayer, Puppet, White Avenger, Mylie, Rach M

All worthy contenders,
and the Buffy goes to...

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn

LAST WATCHER!

Third year in a row! That bribing is really working out for you :p Just kidding of course. As LW couldn't be here tonight, he sent us this speech of gratitude

Wow! Three years on the trot....Does that mean I get to keep the award now?
Seriously though, I really appreciate being thought of as helpful....
All those years working second level IT support, helping people get their systems working again, were good for something after all....

Anyhoo....Big thank you to all you folks that nominated & voted for me, the cheques will be in the post Monday I promise, and I hope I can continue to be of help in the year ahead....
Is it too early to start campaigning for four?

It is never to early to start campaigning, and while he gets on that, allow me to welcome @nightshade to the stage to introduce our next award. Hope she found that shoe I borrowed...

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
*Tip toes on stage barefoot*

Over the years we have had so many amazing writers and this year is now different, here are the nominations for The Storyteller Award:

myheadsgonenumb, AurelWillow and Altoz

And the winner is....

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
*sips diet Coke*

Mmmm, refreshing.

Instead of eating Tidepods, kids, how about you Cascade your night away? Amiright?

*crickets*

Oh ehm, yeah, eerrr, stand up aside, I'm also great at standing down, which I'll do now, as I welcome @Buffy Summers back on stage to present our next award!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Buffy crosses the stage to the podium and adjust the microphone. *

I am so excited for the opportunity to present The Superstar Award to BB's most avid fan.

The nominees are:

Puppet
btvs fan
Willow Tara
Anthony Cordova
Tome
WillowFromBuffy
BaskingINBangel
Mr Trick
Last Watcher
HowiMetdaSlayer

And the Buffy goes to...

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
*Taake in a blue wig steps onto the stage*

I'm so glad you guys voted for me, I can't tell you how much this award means...

*catches Buffy's eyes*

Ehm... *clutches award*

I can't tell you how much this means to me...

*Buffy rips off Taake's wig*

Noooooo, I won't let it go!

*Runs off with award* I'm Puppet, I'm Puppet. Danish, Swedish. It's basically the same!

*drops award in wild escape*

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Freud!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
We seem to have lost Puppet, but no worries, we will gladly accept this award on their behalf.

@Taake will now come here and steal Puppet's award present the next award.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
I mean Puppet is currently, definitely not, being held captive or kept away by potential nefarious persons who wish to claim her award... Why would you guys even think such a thing? Stop looking at me like that! I don't even want that silly thing, I've heard there's not even chocolate inside!

Anyway, the NEXT award is the Sunnydale Press Award - This Award goes to that member which keeps up with all the latest Whedon news.

Nominated in this category are:
Spanky
MrTrick
RachM
Mylie
One Eyed Chicklet
Willow From Buffy
Puppet,
White Avenger,
Ethan Reigns

And the Buffy goes to...

Mr Trick

Scooby
OH MY GODD!! Well I'm too drunk to speak. First of all this goes to Cousin Amy Adams because she's never won an award hehe (maybe next year babes!). Or at least not one this good. Thank-you for everyone who voted for me. Following Buffy and other Whedon shows gives and gaining knowledge of them gives me so much pleasure and fills my days with joy. This is a nice one to win. Hope it can keep my thrust for knowledge going. Also this is a awesome board. Full of great and diverse people. Its been five wonderful years here for me. Thanks!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Up next is the Lorne Award for BB's most friendliest member.

The nominees are:
Nix, MrTrick, WillowTara, Rach M, Tribel, Willow Tara, BaskingINBangel, Name the Stars, Mr Trick, Puppet, Last Watcher

And the winner is..

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
The winner of the Lorne award is...

Nix

Now Nix can't be here tonight but she wants you to close your eyes and imagine that she was:

*Staggers onto the stage mumbling something about Baileys*

"Awww you guys and gals are so kind and adorable."

*Passes out Cheese and Baby Unicorns to voters*

"Thanks to everyone here for making it an easy place to be friendly and make friends"

*Pours another glass of Baileys over crushed ice in a beautiful Baileys tumbler (stolen from The House of Baileys many years ago)....*

"Super serious thanks to all Black Thorn or Sineya I love you all..."

*Stumbles off stage, sliding down the stairs and miraculously saving the drink!*

That is what would have happened if I could have been here in person.... Unfortunately I have Baileys party plans elsewhere tonight that I can't get out of (believe me I have tried). So Thanks to all... Love you lots like Jelly Tots!!

So I think I'll just keep this award safe for her *hides it under my dress*

And now a short commerical break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom