• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

**The 12th ANNUAL BUFFIES AWARDS - Ceremony Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Buffy stands at the podium and takes a moment to look over the crowd with a smile. *

I am sure I am not cool enough to present this award, but I am happy to be here to present the Faith Award for BB's Coolest Member.

The nominees are:

HowiMetdaSlayer
FuffyBaith
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
ItMustBeBunnies
spikenbuffy
The Bronze
Name the Stars
Bloody William
fauxindifo
Nix
Give Us A Kiss
DarkLordsHaunt
Mr Trick

And the Buffy goes to...

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* carefully tears open the envelope *

It is truly my pleasure to present this award to:

HowiMetdaSlayer!

Metda couldn't make it to the auditorium tonight, but joins us live via video feed!

HowiMetdaSlayer: "I'd like to thank the Academy...er the Hollywood Foreign Press...oh wait wrong awards. :D I'd like to thank everyone who had temporary insanity voted for me. I blame the chipotlevirus. I know that some of you, when you come to yer senses, will be like 'what the heck was I thinking?', but by then it will be too late. Anyway, I really appreciate it. Thank you! :)"

Congratulations Metda!

And now, once again, here's @Taake!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
I don't know about you guys, but I feel so cool after that award that I'm getting frostbite!

But don't worry, the next award will warm us up! Let me announce the Winifred Burkle Award for BB's most underrated poster!

The nominees are: Trasherpix, Mylie, Give us a Kiss, Ghost Boy, thetopher, Anthony Cordova, Deep Blue Joy, Name the Stars, Deadly Duo, Bluebird, TamsinValencia, Mr Trick, Athene, caitaintdead, Ethan Reigns

And the Buffy goes to....

*drum roll*

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
@thrasherpix !

We don't have a thank you speech from trasherpix, but, as you all know, she's not one to be sparse with words. In honor of that I will now count all the 100 000 digits of Pi...

*glances to the side of the stage*

*hears hoof scrape against the floor*

Actually, Harmony's unicorn is getting anxious, so I'll just say "THANK'S Y'ALL" in the best Fred accent I can muster and scurry off stage. Now before I let @nightshade ride in to announce the next award, please enjoy this half-show tribute to Angel reminiscence

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm not sure I want to, Taake stole my shoes and now Buffy has stolen my phone, why would I want to work with these people??

Oh it's the fun award? Funniest award, right, time for the Xander/Anya award.

The nominees are:
Spanky
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Deadly Duo
Ethan Reigns

And the winner is...

Taake
Taake
because you get your own unicorn! :D

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Well it looks like they've left the building, she may have fallen down some stairs on the way out:

Hi guys! Thank you for this award, it means sooo much. Unfortunately I couldn't attend because I fell down some stairs. Nevertheless, I want to hug all of you...but I can't because I'm in hospital where they're trying to fix my shattered legs...

Again, thanks to all of you!

Let's welcome back Buffy to the stage

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
God, I had NO idea I'd miss this....

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
[ Off stage, to Taake. ]

Now give her back her shoes. I mean it. Right now! I'm warning you if you don't give her her shoes back I'm going to...

* Is pushed onto the stage by the stage manager while she is pointing a finger at Taake. *

* Buffy notices the audience is watching, and smiles. She takes a deep breath, fixes her hair, and heads to the podium. *

This is the time in the evening where we present the award that makes everyone go Awwwwwwww...

That's right, the Li'l Pumpkin Belly Award, presented to BB's cutest member. Yet another award I will never win. *grumbles*

The cutie patootie nominees are:

Athene
BaskingINBangel
TamsinValencia
Zenseem
Carrie Hopewell
Mrs Gordo
Mylie
HowiMetdaSlayer
DarkLordHaunt
Nix
Give Us A Kiss
Fuffybaith
Willow Tara

And the winner is...

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* notices that this envelope strangely seems to have a cute fluffy kitten on the outside of it *

Athene!

Athene couldn't be here - she's off doing pumpkin belly things, but she taped this message for us:

Athene: "I'm sorry I couldn't be here to accept this in person :( I was shocked to even be nominated for this award and I'd just like to say that this board has been a really cool part of my life for years and I would genuinely miss it if it went away.
Thank you everyone :)"

Congrats!

* reaches out to pinch Athene's Li'l Pumpkin Belly cheeks! *

Oh she's so cute!

And now, @Taake will present the next award!

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
*Taake walks onto the stage, DEFINITELY NOT wearing nightshade's shoes on her head*

*smiles angelically*

Now, the next award is close to my heart - it is the Sunnydale Art Gallery Award! Given to one of our many talented artists. One might even say I have a conflict of interest and shouldn't be presenting this award... but don't worry guys, you can trust me, I would never take something that wasn't mine. *adjusts shoes* So...

nominated in this category are: Rach M, Taake, HowiMetdaSlayer, Name the Stars, Nix, Brendan T

and the Buffy goes to...

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
*opens envelope and shrieks*

I was rooooobbed! Rooooobbbbed I tell you!

*suddenly hooves are heard, nightshade comes riding in on Harmony's unicorn, snatching her shoes off Taake's head*

Hey! Those were.... mine... ish.

All jokes aside, the winner is the very well-deserved
@RachM

for this beautiful piece of art

Rach sadly couldn't be here tonight but sent us this message:
"Thank you to everyone who voted for me 💗 :) I'm very touched and sorry I couldn't be here. Much love and gratitude to all of you xo"

Now let's take a quick break and drown in the cuteness of a young Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
And now it's time for the Doyle Award, for the member that no longer is on the boards. Although this year a lot of the nominees have returned recently!

Those nominees are:
Carrie Hopewell
Blair
DarkLordsHaunt
Lyri
Priceless
Mrs Gordo
Curious Pathos
thetopher
vellavu
Romantic Soul
Fool for Buffy
Marie Vamp
GwenRaiden
Angelic Slayer

And the Award goes to....

Taake
Taake
*Cries in sorrow over all of these, We missss you guys

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
No promises, they're just so cute. I can't help myself :D Besides, we're evil, finder's keeper is a Black Thorn house rule.

Now, I'm here to present an award is named after one of our esteemed - and very much missed - members whose love of the board and the Whedonverse exemplifies what it means to be a BB member. the GOLDENBOY award, given each year by the staff to the member who most represents the spirit of Buffy-Boards

This year the GoldenBoy goes to....

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn

@Cheese Slices (rain of parmeasan comes from the audience)

We hope to see a lot more of you, sharing insightful thoughts, keeping a good spirit and temperament and reminding us all what’s great about Buffy even after all these years!

Let's give Cheese Slices a few minutes in case they wish to come on stage and give a personal thank you. They may have been scurried away by the conga-line I saw forming earlier though...

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Because this is an unannounced award Cheese Slices had time to log off, but she's no less appreciated for that! See you later, 'gater!

Until then, let's invite @Buffy Summers back on stage. Come to think of it, I think I stole her shoes last year... hm, I might have a problem. I need some time in the BT dungeons, this is what happens when you let me roam to freely around here. *conga lines off stage*

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Before I present the House Cup, I have one final award to present tonight. This is a special award, voted on by each staff member. It is my honor to present the Athena Award for Moderator of the Year.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the moderators: Taake, nightshade, brinkster130, Athena and Mr. Pointy for donating their time and working so hard to keep this place going. This board stays alive because of you, truly.

Tonight's winner will come as no surprise to any BB member. This moderator is always the first to come up with a new idea, always trying to make the board more fun and entertaining. Her boundless energy and tireless work has been the driving force behind Buffy Boards this year. I am very happy to bestow the Mod of the Year award on...

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
*shuffles on stage*

*looks around*

Umm well umm, yeah,

Thanks again for this, I actually felt like I hadn't done a lot this year, I know that it wouldn't be possible without the support of all the staff here, and without all the members that take part.

I know that I do have more time to be here than others, and I do have time at work to think up ideas or to just be around when I can.

This is an award that while given to me, is truly meant for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom