• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

*** The 13th Annual Buffies*** Ceremony Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
*nightshade enters the room, stumbles onto the stage, and stands somewhat gracefully*

Here we are!!

Hasn't it gone by quick since the last one. The hopefully not unlucky 13th Annual Buffies Awards.

So sit down, if you want to sit on a chair that's up to you, but sitting somewhere might be a good idea!

Are you all comfortable? Well comfortable or not, it's time to get this show going!

*exits, mumbling about her shoes*

Spanky
Spanky
thats a great picture!
LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Can't wait! Super excited!
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Just about!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
*Taake is comfortable at the front row by the stage, chatting up @nightshade's date*

*shoe comes flying from backstage*

Guess that's my cue... *takes shoe* better bring this back to nightshade. *eyes Dean Winchester* I will be back though.

*runs on stage*

Soooooo, *looks out at the crowd but can't see anyone because of Spanky's giant head-dress*

... anyway

We always start these awards with the Giles award... does this award even need introducing?

It needs nominees at least, that's what it does... Oh I must've left my notes in Dean's lap. I mean, I must've dropped them somewhere else. Totally different place.

I've got the winner's card at least... *rips oven envelope*

AND THE BUFFY GOES TO.....

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn

LAST WATCHER!!

As @Last Watcher isn't online I will graciously accept this award as my own... Oh, what? He left a speech? Oh ok, fine...

From our delightful LW, here are some words of thanks!

This is crazy! Must be the tweed that swayed the vote...That or the Giles-like English accent?
They say that great age brings great wisdom.....well I beg to differ on that, we just run out of things to screw up!
Can't believe I got the nod for this award as I am far from the most knowledgeable member of these great Boards.
In fact I dedicate this award to my spellchecker, without whom I would sound a whole lot less qualified.

Anyhoo....Huge thankyou to all who nominated & voted for me, and I will strive to sound as if I deserve it as much as possible in the coming year.....
Now, can anyone tell me how to get down from this stage......?

shhhh, no one tell him how to get down*

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Awesome start! One of the nicest people on here. Pleased for him.
LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Woop Woop! Congrats Last Watcher!!!
BaskingINBangel
BaskingINBangel
Congrats!
Athene
Athene
congratulations!
Nix
Nix
Nice one LW congrats :)

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
** a voice comes over the tannoy. It's a male announcer, who seems to be documenting Athena's every move at these awards**

"Usually, Athena is conspicuous by her absence, but with the promise of free food, free booze and a date with Tom Hiddleston she emerges from the Emergency Exit door (who knows what she and Tom were doing behind it!), resplendent in a tight, white gown with slightly ruffled brunette tresses (it's shabby chic, actually!).

At least she's shown up fashionably late, rather than not at all. (the crowd sniggers)

Switching out trainers for the elegant high heels that Buffy Summers requested she take out of that storage unit, she takes Tom's arm as they sashay down the walkway towards the stage.

With every possibility of a Jennifer Lawrence Academy Award fall in her near future, and the knowledge that this is the 13th Buffies awards (she's not superstitious, honest!), she takes to the stage, clears her throat.... and notices all the wonderful BB members in the crowd....

She's poised to speak...."

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
Taake, looking gorgeous as per usual. Hello everyone! And congratulations to @Last Watcher for a well deserved Giles Award win! Usually I'd be inhabiting the body of some random Ben, but this awards show needs Gloryfying.

The nominees for Class Protector Award are.....

Nix
Last Watcher
Ethan Reigns
Mr Trick

All amazing members, I'm sure you'll agree

Does anyone know who is that man announcing everything I do? Is that God? Can't be, we all know Gods are women......

And the winner of CLASS PROTECTOR is......

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Here I am!

I love to see new members get off to a good start and I like to see everyone getting along so well on the boards. Well, maybe a few will lock antlers so the rest of us can have fun watching, but this is a great forum and I am pleased to be thought of as the Class Protector. Thanks to all of you who voted for me and to whomever nominated me!

Nix
Nix
Congrats :)
BaskingINBangel
BaskingINBangel
*claps* Great speech and congrats on your well deserved award!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
congrats!
sk
sk
Congrats!
whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Congratulations! :)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* She stands and makes her way to the stage, stopping at the podium to smile at the audience and wink at her date. Then she gives Taake and Athena two very long, hard stares before clearing her throat and once again smiling at the audience. *

The Storyteller Award is given each year to Buffy Boards' Best Fanfic Writer. The nominees are:

Puppet
Illyrian
Myheadsgonenumb

And the Buffy goes to...

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* tears open the envelope *

Puppet!

Puppet couldn't be with us tonight due to their demanding writing schedule, but joins us via video chat.

Puppet said:
Thank you to whoever nominated and voted for me, I appreciate you all.
Congratulations Puppet! We'll keep this award safe from Taake for you!

Taake
Taake
I'll carry that to the car for you! So I can make sure Puppet gets it. Safely. :D
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Excellent!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
*looks around for my shoes* Oh forget it, Dean can always carry me if needed!

It's time for the Faith Award, this award is given to the member that is the coolest! How you define cool is up to you, but I think these are some great members:

The nominees are....

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
Nix

And the Award goes to...

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶

Seriously though, thanks everyone! It's truly just an honor just to be nominated. I'd like to share this moment with my fellow nominees...
Oh wait this isn't the Oscars. Who am I kidding? I won. and you didn't...
(Fast forward to :18 seconds)

Just kidding. Thanks again everyone. Come on, It's The Buffies!

Nix
Nix
Congrats :)
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Congrats. You really deserve it.
sk
sk
Congrats!! It's now official. You're the coolest. :)
whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Congrats Metda! Also, I dig the Beatles reference. :)

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Time for a short break, grab a coffee

And take a look at what Sarah is up to:

We will be back with the next award soon!

Nix
Nix
Coffee?!! Can I has baileys instead? Who am I joking ... of course I'm guna have a baileys! Coffee will be tomorrow's cure!
LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Phew, I needed to pee but I didn't wanna look away just in case I missed anything!

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
*sneaks up behind @nightshade with the tarantula I brought as a date* *realizes the spotlight is on*
*regretfully lets ns slip away backstage*

Turns to the stage with a smile. *hiccups*

I do love a socially distanced kiss so... romantic... but also, stay safe guys! Who needs human contact anyway?

Now, this next award is called the Superstar award and it is given to BB's most avid fan.

The nominees for this award are
Mr Trick
Moggin
Priceless
and Btvs Fan

and the BUFFY goes to....

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
It looks like Priceless may have been kidnapped!! Everybody panic!

No wait, maybe she just had to step out for a while.

Hm, what makes more sense?

I say, let's panic!

But while we panic, here is a speech she kindly gave us ahead of time... in case of a kidnapping? Not to spread conspiracies but... does a cow moo? I'll be taking the names of suspects during the evening, please find me in the crowd. I mean, backstage, doing my job.

But more importantly, from Priceless:
"Thank you so much to everyone who voted. I'm absolutely stunned that I won, and so grateful. All the nominees would have been worthy winners, so I accept this award on behalf of us all"

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
*wonders what Dean knows about art, almost trips over thinking about Dean*

There's many wonderfully talented people on these Boards and this award is for those that are great artists. The nominees for the Sunnydale Art Gallery Award are....

Brendan T
Rach M
HowiMetdaSlayer

And the Buffy goes too...

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Looks like Brendan may be a little busy, but he's left us a message

"I want to take this opportunity to thank the person who nominated me and thank the people who supported me within my art. And thank you so much for the award, truly means a lot to me as an artist. Keep creating guys!!!"

And with that I invite Athena back up here for the next award, if she'll leave her date alone for a few minutes that is!

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
"Athena uses her Glory super speed to pop to the local supermarket with a £4.99 Pinot Grigio and return in time for the next award...."

Have you seen the prices at the bar, Tom? I know you're an actor but Waitrose had this on offer.... oh, am I back already?

**Buffy glares**

"Athena quickly saunters back on stage, clapping while swallowing the copious amounts of wine"

Thanks nightshade! Congratulations to all the winners so far, what a night? Am I right?! And I even turned up! **laughs nervously**

I have the pleasure, nay the delight, of introducing the nominees for The Lorne Award, the award for the friendliest member of BB! The nominees are:

HowiMetdaSlayer
Nix
Priceless

buffy.png

And the winner is......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom