• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

*** The 13th Annual Buffies*** Ceremony Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
bb-goldenboy.png

@LemonBanana

You jumped into the Boards with enthusiasm and a mysterious air á la Drusilla (was that Miss Edith I saw you hanging out with?). Though you don't like the Buffy movie (a forgivable sin, judging by the majority opinion) your good spirit and the tone of your posts are infectious in a good way, basically if you were COVID the world would be in a better place.

Is that cringey enough? 😉

It just enough enough maybe, come up here and accept your award!

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
Who??? *Looks around* me??? *Makes way up to stage and takes mic a little too enthusiastically*

Wow! I did think of a big empowering speech but now I'm here its all gone out of my head! I guess, all I can say is a very big THANK YOU!!! You all are such amazing, kind and funny people that are joys to be around! It means more than you will ever know to win this award, my time on Buffy boards has been amazing so far and I can't wait to get to know you guys more. Ok, I better go before I start crying... too late... happy tears! So, a very big thank you and a virtual hug to you all!

Bop
Bop
Well done ❤❤
M
Moggin
Aww ♥️ 👏👏👏👏👏
sk
sk
Awesome. Congrats!! :)
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
congrats!
BaskingINBangel
BaskingINBangel
Congrats!!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Before I give out the House Cup, it is my honor to present a very special award this evening. The Athena Award, for Moderator of the Year, is voted on each year by the staff and selects one staff member who has most gone above and beyond in the prior year.

I would like to take this opportunity first, however, to thank all of our moderators: Taake, nightshade, Athena, spikenbuffy and Mr. Pointy. There would be no BB without their time, dedication and work. They are the ones who truly keep this place running. Thank you all.

Now, on to the award.

The staff member we honor tonight is truly the heart of the team. Her unfailing optimism and determination, willingness to lend a hand, and desire to make BB better are just a few of the reasons why it is my pleasure to bestow the Mod of the Year Award on...

buffy.png

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
No!

Oh if I must,

This award is for all the staff, especially this year, it's been a tough one for us, but we've got through it, and here we are celebrating the best of the Boards. My thanks to you all for being there and being a support system like no other.

Thank you.

Nix
Nix
Congrats <3
sk
sk
Congrats. You are a huge part of what make this place so great.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* grumbling backstage *

Why do you always make me do this one?! Ugh...

* Taake forcefully pushes Buffy out onto the stage. She looks at the audience, straightens her dress, and smiles. *

I am so pleased to once again be here to present the House Cup to the house which has accumulated the most points in the previous year obviously through cheating.

And the House Cup goes to...

cup-bt.png

Black Thorn

@Spanky, would you like to come up and accept the cup on behalf of your house?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
YES!!! YES!!! The Buffy House Cup. This is a GREAT win for House Sineya. I’ve said for a while that if you guys accept me I’d help you turn it around and get some Cup wins and now I’ve… wait… oh shi -- family friendly, family friendly -- oh poopy… this says Black Thorn.

Oh wait. I’m still in Black Thorn. That explains why we won again! It must really suck to be in the perennially losers known as Sineya. Another year, another Black Thorn victory. Maybe we’ll get some competition sometime. I doubt it though.

But wait… there’s another reason for my being up here.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Where’s she at? Oh, I see those Jimmy Choos. There she is! Hiding in the corner covering her eyes and pretending this isn’t happening. Well, it’s happening. Trying to get Buffy Summers to hate me even more than she does. So… last year the apocalypse came and we beeped Buffy. And she answered the page. So on behalf of Buffy-Boards I’d like to present her this (hopefully only) commemorative wallpaper for the disastrous year of 2020.

Y2GPSof.jpg

As they say on those commercials, but wait, there’s more.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Seriously though, I can’t imagine how much harder trying to get through 2020 would have been had Buffy-Boards not been around. Being able to retreat here, if not a life saver, was certainly a sanity saver. On behalf of all of the members, and because I know it’ll make you feel all uncomfortable since you don’t like recognition, I’d like to say on behalf of all of the Buffy-Board members, we appreciate all that you and your staff did during the past year, in both keeping this place alive but also well modded and not allowing it to turn into a mud-throwing contest (despite how fun it is to throw mud sometimes).

We’d like to present to you the Never Stop Slaying award for recognition of service provided in the face of, and despite, the apocalypse we had to endure last year.

5NHQQgb.jpg

I’d normally say congratulations, but in this instance, I think “Thank you” is more fitting. And now, because I always wanted to do this: Speech! Speech! If you like can pull yourself away from Chris, that is.

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Yes, this is really sweet! Big thank you to all the staff!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
well said!
oh gawd, did I just compliment Spanky?
*waits for heck to freeze over...well it is really cold* 😉

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Well...what can I say, except thank you. This has been a rough year for all of us, including me. I know I'm not perfect, and there are things I could have done better, especially this year, but I want everyone to know, truly, that I have tried my best to do the right thing for the board and all of us. And I am so grateful to have you all to get me through the hard times. So again, thank you.

(Also, that is a really badass wallpaper there, Spanky, I'm not sure I deserve it.)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Well, that's all for this year folks. How about a hand for nightshade for organizing this whole shebang?

* claps towards nightshade *

Before we head off to the After Party, I want to thank each of you for being here for the ceremony, and choosing to be members of this board. If I could give an award to each and every one of you, I would, because it is the different members, with all their quirks and opinions, that make this place special. Thank you for the past nineteen years.

Now, let's party! The After Party thread is open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom