• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The 2022 Exercise Support Thread

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
There's a few people with health and fitness in their resolutions, so let's support each other in hitting those goals.

Do you have long term or short term goals?

I downloaded the treekly app and it's goals are to do 5000 steps 5 days a week, so at the moment that's my goal.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Just to get more active even if I have lots of tv to watch lol. Going to start with short walks with Abbs Dad to help him with physio and me with fitness. Hopefully get Abbs out too. Working on hitting more steps and that’ll be a good start for me.

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
I hope to be more active in general! I've been a bit lazy last year... 😁

Happy New Year everyone! <3

I just want to be more healthy, maybe not Buffy's level (yet...just kidding), but I am trying to aim for the same out of steps as you.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I was doing good with my walking routine and eating better until Thanksgiving. Also, it's been raining a lot. So, I need to get back to my workout routine. Walking 2-3 miles five times a week and going back on the keto diet. Going to start adding in weights as well.

T
thrasherpix
I've found walking uphill while wearing a heavy backpack can exercise a lot of muscles in the body.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
@thrasherpix I've found walking uphill while wearing a heavy backpack can exercise a lot of muscles in the body.

I live on top of a hill and I usually wear a small water backpack like a Camelbak. It's a lot of up and down hills around here. So, it's a workout. lol. I could try putting some of my ankle weights in the backpack for added workout.

Kratos

Scooby
I went on walks a lot around my locality this year and started using the Samsung Health app to keep track of my walking. Like Buffy, I don’t drive, so just shopping in town and going to my local education centre keeps me active. It’s been cold and raining a lot lately so I haven’t been walking much. Want to learn more about health and fitness, so I signed up for a health and fitness course in the new year.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I've hit 10,000 steps once this week, hopefully I'll do it again over the weekend. However I am on track for 5000 steps 5 times this week.

TamsinValencia

Potential
Black Thorn
I brought a small dumbbell set last week and have been lifting those a few times a week. Also have been taking walks around the block daily.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Not such a good week this week, so far only hit 5000 steps once this week, but I have found that there's a free exercise class on a Tuesday that I might try to go to

Top Bottom