• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Anointed one 's death

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
Do you think that the scoobies know about The Anointed one got killed by Spike ?
I don't think there is a single time after School Hard that his death is mentionned.

Last edited:

Priceless

Scooby
They probably thought once Buffy smashed The Master's bones, the Anointed One would just vanish along with all the other acolytes. Once faced with Spike, The Anointed One faded into insignificance :)

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I assume that Angel probably upped his monitoring of Spike in early season 2. I mean, he was certainly spying on Drusilla. It wouldn't have taken him long to find a dissident Aurealian who fled the factory after Spike took over. Also, consider. Vampires need things. They probably have a network of gofers and getters, any of whom is vunerable to a shake down. That blood won't human traffic itself.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Yes, even if the kid didn't grow up, the Anointed One wasn't going to set the world on fire. At best, had they gone in a Vampire Politics scenario, treating as some sort of Vampire Ceremonial Emperor looking for a Shogun could have been interesting, but as interesting as Spike, Dru and Angelus.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Do you think that the scoobies know about The Anointed one got killed by Spike ?
I don't think there is a single time after School Hard that his death is mentionned.
I think, after The Annoying One met his much belated demise, the fans were more than happy to just forget he ever existed.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
The writers could have at least let the scoobies acknowledge about his death IMO. The Anointed One was meant to be a threat in S1. Giles was afraid of his coming in Never Kill A Boy On The First Date.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The writers could have at least let the scoobies acknowledge about his death IMO. The Anointed One was meant to be a threat in S1. Giles was afraid of his coming in Never Kill A Boy On The First Date.
You maybe right since during S1 they probably didn't have that much of a plan for the season. It was a shame we didn't see more of the Master.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Look, they spent three whole months under the assumption that the Master's army of darkness was gone for good, when Colin and Absolam were hanging out in an Abandoned factory the entire time. This is not an intellectually curious group here. My guess would be, that Giles, after seeing the various prophecies turn out so differently in season 1, he probably gave up on them, including the Anointed One. He was just Colin. As an aside, I wonder if all the May events had prophetic chatter associated with them, but without Jenny, nobody knew or cared?

I remember reading a fan theory back in the day, that if Season 1 was a full season, then the Anointed One would have been the big bad for the Season. It was never explained what type of stories you could tell with a small child, bit sure, why not?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Look, they spent three whole months under the assumption that the Master's army of darkness was gone for good, when Colin and Absolam were hanging out in an Abandoned factory the entire time. This is not an intellectually curious group here. My guess would be, that Giles, after seeing the various prophecies turn out so differently in season 1, he probably gave up on them, including the Anointed One. He was just Colin. As an aside, I wonder if all the May events had prophetic chatter associated with them, but without Jenny, nobody knew or cared?

I remember reading a fan theory back in the day, that if Season 1 was a full season, then the Anointed One would have been the big bad for the Season. It was never explained what type of stories you could tell with a small child, bit sure, why not?
The reason why the Annoying one was written off so quickly in Season 2 was because the kid had several growth spurts which a vampire isn't supposed to do, hence why he's constantly sat down in Season 2 to hide the fact the kid had grown.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Re: Growth Spurt: Yes, I know. And Season 2 was produced a good year after Season 1, which didn't help, ether. I would have gone with it. Ancient Vampires change with Age, and creating some sort of ritual to age child vampires that stops at age 15, and to age down older vampires to age 40 could be a thing.

SpikeOrAngel

Townie
Spike killing The Anointed One was certainly a shocking and memorable scene.
However it showed how "plans change" and how not organized the writing was,
That said, it helped Spike be awesome and let us know the show is about to change direction. That was the end of us thinking about Season 1 villains.

Btvs fan

Scooby
The reason why the Annoying one was written off so quickly in Season 2 was because the kid had several growth spurts which a vampire isn't supposed to do, hence why he's constantly sat down in Season 2 to hide the fact the kid had grown.
Tbh even if he hadn't im still not sure what more you could've done with him. He was a plot device to take Buffy to the Master, which was in S1 (and frankly would've been easy enough to write around anyway)
Like Dawn after S5 he was just hanging around for no real reason and Spike killing him worked out perfectly

Top Bottom