• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The Barbed Bowl of Water

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
The Barbed Bowl of Water

Willow peered over Xanders left shoulder. “How come there is a picture of a topless girl sat at the table in that magazine?” Xander quickly faced Willow his cheeks beginning to glow red though why he didn’t know. “That is not a topless girl it is a topless boy,” Xander indignantly replied.

“Oh sorry, and there was me thinking you had a thing for girls without much up top. But I am wrong, you don’t, you have a thing for topless boys,” said Willow grinning at him. “I didn’t get the magazine for the pictures, I thought you’d like the article,” said Xander realizing he’d just dropped himself even further into it.

Willow picked up the magazine and turned the pages closed, she looked at the cover, “Oh will you look at that, it isn’t a Playboy.” Buffy’s ears pricked up, “What are you two talking about?” she asked, hopefully. “Xander is looking at pictures of topless young boys,” said Willow without smiling. “No, I am most certainly not!” stated Xander wondering why he said that as he did.

Willow and Buffy grinned to each other. Giles wandered from the stacks, he was still half interested in the book he is holding. “Hmm what, sorry?” Xander looks at Willow and Buffy, he poked his tongue at them and spoke quietly to Giles, “Willow wants to see this magazine after me, it tells you all about witchcraft.”

“What magazine is that?” asked Giles. He took the mag. from Xander, “Where did you get this from Xander?” “It was on a shelf,” said Xander, “Near your office, I thought if I got one from there Willow was bound to want to read it.”

“Keep away from those bookshelves, there is no way I want you to read anything on those shelves. And as for you, you will be sorry for taking that.” said Giles angrily. Xander felt that the tables had turned and he was about to be on the receiving end.

“I heard the librarian is an intelligent sort of bloke, as if? I mean telling a person of our age not to do something is pretty much a guarantee they will do it.” Buffy looked to Giles, “And the reply by the genius librarian is?”

Willow smiled to Giles, “Gotcha!”
Xander turned to face the exit and discreetly picked up the book on witchcraft, as he walked from the library to passed the book to Willow who deftly put the book under her top.

“Fancy having a book depicting topless girls in a school library where delicate young girls can see them,” said Buffy. “Careful,” said Xander, “Or folk will think that the new librarian is a dirty old man in tweed.” Xander realised what he had just said so he apologized to Giles.
“Yes, naughty Giles,” stated Willow.

Giles looked about for someone to blame, “Where has Xander gone, this is all his fault.”
As Willow stepped to the exit she showed Buffy the book under her top, grinned and kept walking, Buffy turned and was only a pace behind her. Giles stood by the stacks and whispered to himself. “Alright which one of those three just conned me?”

Willow sat on the bench seat near Xander just before Buffy sat beside her. “Okay whose house are we going to tonight? If we go to Xanders place it’s liable to be half a pizza. If we go to Buffy’s house her mom will make something really healthy, but at my place you can have Fish fingers and custard at my place tonight and play Frisbee with plates of bread and butter.”

Xander sat on the floor at the end of Willow’s bed and looked at the depictions of girls dancing around a fire at night. Willow was more intent at learning how to increase her psychic ability while Buffy read up on famous vampires, she felt embarrassed as she looked at a certain Angelic vampire.

She deftly looked to see where Willow and Xander were before she continued to ogle at the taller of the vampires. Trying to act all innocent like, she went to join Willow. “Whatcha doing Will?” asked Buffy all nonchalantly. Willow didn’t answer her.

Willow was deep in thought, she had begun to concentrate on a short feather on the desktop.
Buffy couldn’t understand what Willow was doing, she asked her where the feather was from. You need not concern yourself of where the feather came from more that you should concern yourself on where the feather is going.

Buffy looked to confused Willow puzzled as she looked at the feather then she was amazed as the feather began to rise into the air by itself. Willow put a pencil where the feather was and before Buffy could say anything Willow appeared to go into a trance. She concentrated so hard as the pencil began to rise horizontally above the desk.

“It seems so simple, I hardly have to concentrate now it is as though my mind has become accustomed to the magic,” said Willow. Willow held a bowl in front of her face. “I am now going to seek knowledge about who some of my distant ancestors were on my father’s side long before the faith took pride of place,” said Willow.

“I’m not so sure about you doing that, it sounds a bit risky,” said Buffy. “I wanted to try a few things, like a Witches Board.” She faced Xander, “That is known as an Ouija Board to the un-initiated or I could attempt to do some scrying, the scrying sounds better but I’ll need both of you guys to help me.”

Xander faced Willow. “I don’t like the idea of using an Ouija Board, they are scary, I’m not so sure about the scrying either, whatever is it,” said Xander.
“So when you do this scrying how are you going to contact the person?” asked Buffy.

Willow looked to each of them. “I will place a large bowl in the middle of where we sit at the table then cover the inside of the bowl with black velvet, once that has been done I will fill the bowl with pure spring water. “I don’t like tap water as I don’t know where the ingredients have come from,”

“Before I start I need to tell you not to look on the surface of the water, as you might see who I’m communicating with, some of my ancestors were actual witches three were good while one was reputed to be different,” said Willow.

“Are you saying they appear on the surface of the water?” asked Xander. “The image appears in the water so it is inherently safer than a witches board,” said Willow. “You said that like you know of a secret,” said Buffy.

“Several of my ancestors during the mid-seventeen hundreds were hung for being witches a few of them practiced sex magic. If Xander finds out he is liable to take the same belief as the churches of the time did. The reality of it was that all those who practiced sex magic were all virgins, the climax of the sex act promoted the actualization of the magic,” stated Willow.

“How will you ask questions that they will hear and how will they respond for you to hear?” asked Buffy. “Well that is technically how Nostradamus saw the future, what I’m doing differently is using the magic of witchcraft for us to talk,” stated Willow.

“It’ll be so nice to talk with ancestors who died some two hundred and sixty six years ago, ancestors who were hung for being witches,” said Willow. “What about the witches who were burnt, will they be able to talk with you?” Asked Xander.

Willow grinned to Xander then told him that if any witch tried to speak to her who had been burnt, she knew the witch wasn’t English as those found guilty of witchcraft in England were hung then buried. “Witches found guilty didn’t always get hung, some witches were powerful enough to disappear.”

Buffy and Xander looked about the room, neither Buffy nor Xander could see where the voice came from. “I think I may know the answer you are looking for, after all the voice gave you a possible reason, the reason being that some witches were powerful enough and if they were powerful enough to disappear, might they be able to speak through the surface of the water?”

END OF PART 1

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
To the owners of the copyright, thank you for allowing folk to write fan fiction based on your ideas.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
PART 2

said Willow, she grinned at the water in the bowl then turned to face Buffy, “It seems like a witch has deemed to present herself in the water.” Xander looked to Buffy then Willow, “I take it, that it is too late to leave.” “It isn’t us you should ask Xander, it is the one in the water,” said Willow. Xander looked into the water, he felt worried as he asked her for her name. “Anderaded,” was the reply from the water.

Willow looked and tried to see what the face in the water was like but she couldn’t see a clear view in the water. “Hello Willow I am an ancestor of yours so you need not be worried about me,” said Anderaded, “so tell me Willow,” she continued, “has much changed since I was alive?”

“I live in America now, most of my friends were born in America though the Watcher is from England,” said Willow. “He is here because of me, I am a Vampire Slayer, he is my Watcher,” said Buffy. The voice speaks to Willow again. “Tell me Willow why did you call on me?” said Anderaded. “To learn about my ancestors, though I am unsure how far back in time I can go. So with regards to you I am glad that one of my ancestors wants to speak to me,” said Willow

“What can you tell us about the time you live in, how far back are you aware of in regard to your ancestors?” asked Giles. Anderaded spoke through the surface wall of the water. “I live in a hill under the Great White Horse, I am there to watch over King Arthur and the Knights of the round table. He remains there should he ever be needed to go to England’s defence, should it ever be invaded again.”

“Again?” asked Buffy.
“Hmm yes,” said Giles, “When the Spanish Armada entered the English Channel in the year fifteen eighty eight several ships landed in France. They were to transport the army to a cove east of Plymouth but only a small part of the army made the journey over land. King Arthur and the Knights of the round table in their suits of shining armour were able to scare the Spanish away.”

“How could they there was only a dozen or so of them?” asked Buffy. Anderaded answered with pride in her voice. “The Spanish were a God fearing army, so when a dozen or so ghosts in an armour that rattled and clattered charged through the Spanish armies encampment at dawn near the stone circle of Stonehenge the Spanish thought the devils forces were rising against them, they fled back to France.”

“As was reported by history the remaining Armada was beaten by an inferior English Navy, a Navy that didn’t have much going for it. One thing it did have was the fire ship that completely obliterated a Spanish blockade, a fire ship that its explosion caused the earth to vibrate over five miles away inland.” Giles said proudly, “the ship was known to be an early weapon of mass destruction.”

“Given that the fire ship was only loaded with gunpowder concrete bricks and rods of iron, the only other explosion that could have been bigger was when the Catholics wanted to kill the King of England and imprison princess Elizabeth the first in the Tower of London. Willow was shocked at what Anderaded said and asked if her ancestors were in any famous times of history?

Anderaded smiled, “There was a time when witches cleared a passage for the Druids to go to the aid of Queen Boudicca as she lead the Tribes of the Iceni in revolt against the Roman invaders of England. Years after the same witches were responsible for leading the Druids to safety from the Roman invaders.” “Where were the Druids lead to?” asked Willow.

“To the underground caverns under the grounds of what became famous was for the first battle of the English civil war. A place that even today bears the scars of that battle, the battle has often been witnessed to occur in the skies above low lying clouds of misty cold weather. To the grounds below the church of St. Michaels in Glastonbury Tor, to the grounds below where the stone circle known by the name the Merry Maidens lies at rest near where Penzance is.”

Anderaded told Giles and Willow that the soul of the Druid Bladud is said to be imprisoned in the great monastery of the Druids on the Isle of Anglesey should the Druids ever be needed to aid the true peoples of England Scotland, Wales and each island west of Wales. Willow was almost overcome. “Is there anything that has any greater meaning?” asked Willow.

Anderaded smiled to Willow, “How about this then, the estuary that runs past Salcombe to this day was once a lake. The land stretched from Plymouth to Portland Bill. Below that land it had a few seafaring canals between there and Cherburg, on the land that was once known as Atlantis. The castles of Atlantis were also known by the name of Pyramids before the Pyramids of Egypt existed.

Giles expressly admitted that the barbed bowl of water was once most famous as the bowl at the top of the brass tripod used by Nostadamus.

The End

Top Bottom