• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Buffybot

Joshua

Huge Spuffy Fan!
Didn't anybody else get a little sad when the Biker Demon Gang destroyed the Buffybot in the season 6 premiere?

I loved the Buffybot so much!

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
I was sad too. She had some good lines:

" Time to slay. Vampires of the world, beware."
" That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo!"
" You should see Spike naked, I mean really."
" I didn't sleep with Spike. I had sex with Spike. And it wasn't that one time. It was lots of times. In many different ways. I can make sketches!"

D
david4wt
[No message]

Ripper666

Home sweet virtual home!
No. I never even thought about him much till this thread. I didn't dislike him(her), but I didn't love him either. Buffybot was interesting and his ending very cool. He rescued Buffy, whatelse could be a better ending? :D Of course he was part of one of my favorite Spuffy-scenes! The one inwhich Spike thought he would talk to Buffybot, instead he talked about his deepest feelings to the real Buffy. That was so amazing and could just exist because Buffybot. So a "hipp hipp hurra" for Buffybot. But I can still live with(out) it.

S
SallyCinnamon
The Buffybot is a "her" :) Just a tip :)
I
InsaneMystic
even if you don't want to say "her", it would be "it". "him" is RIGHT OUT! (<< said with the priest's voice from Monty Python & the Holy Grail :D)

Rack

Potential
I think Buffybot was really a testament to SMG's acting ability. All of the different characters she plays--Buffybot, Faith-in-Buffy's-body, the First, etc.--never once do you think you are watching Buffy. She changes body language, delivery, facial expression, and does a totally convincing job.

I thought Buffybot was silly at first, but in S5 and S6 there is this thread of humanizing non-humans--Anya, Spike, B-bot, Klem--not to mention the length this gets taken in Angel, where we learn about the diversity of the demon world. Buffybot fits rights into this, the Scoobies have obviously taken a liking to her.

Also when Buffy pretends to be Buffybot at the end of "Intervention" and kisses Spike--classic. :)

Gum Gnome33
Gum Gnome33
[No message]
A
Anca
[No message]
Living Dead Boy
Living Dead Boy
[No message]
D
david4wt
[No message]

PrincessBuffy16

Credit Card Slayer
I loved Buffybot. She was funny. And it was really sad seeing her being tortured like that.. it was even sadder watching Buffy looking at her being tortured.

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
I loved Buffybot!! SMG was amazing at playing a robot and I am always in awe of her ability to play it.

I was mostly sad it was destroyed because it was such a great tool for the Scoobies to use! I get it was "played out" at that point, but I think it could have been useful down the road.

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
I was sad to see her go out that way. It's a pretty crappy way for anything/anyone to go out.

And I liked her. She made me laugh. And the Buffybot smiled a lot and it's always nice to see Buffy smile, even if it's just a machine. :(

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
[No message]

Living Dead Boy

Joss Is A Very Flawed Boss
Black Thorn
I also loved the Buffy-bot...even though the whole idea behind it was pretty tasteless. :p But I loved her, and kudos to SMG for effortless acting. And while I was also sad that the Buffy-bot got torn to pieces, that scene was actually one of my favorite scenes in season 6, just because of the metaphor of it. To watch the Buffy-Bot being torn to bits was exactly how Buffy felt during the course of the season. That final image of a care-free Buffy being ripped apart represented her loss of happiness, and her mind being shattered into a billion pieces. That's how I saw it. But, I did wish we could see more of the bot. Any comic relief would have been helpful in season 6.

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
So true, so true.

SallyCinnamon

You are my world.
I was really sad when they got rid of the Buffybot, she was so innocent and sweet (I get she was a robot...but still) and thought it was a cruel ending for her.

InsaneMystic

Ex-Scooby
The Buffybot was awesome. I kinda liked her more than real Buffy.... so yep, I was sad. :(

WileyDairyGnome

Strong like an Amazon
Sineya
I got sad when she got ripped apart as well... I mean, I know she's a robot and all, but it was like seeing a poor little puppy who doesn't know any better getting ripped apart. :( Is it weird that she's one of my favourite characters considering she's basically a computer?

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
[No message]

Jeff86

Potential
I love the Buffybot! It is quite horrible watching her get ripped apart in "Bargaining." One of my favorite Buffybot moments is at Parent/Teacher day when she sees the model city and wonders how are people ever going to fit in such a tiny town. :)

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
" I didn't sleep with Spike. I had sex with Spike. And it wasn't that one time. It was lots of times. In many different ways. I can make sketches!"
This has me laughing out loud every time :D "I can make sketches!"
Aw Buffy-bot! Yes I loved her and I loved SMG's acting as her. She was so bright and positive, just a delight really, so yes I was certainly sad to see her go even if I thought her ending in Bargaining was very poignant (if brutal...) and one of the most traumatizing moments for real Buffy surely.

white avenger

white avenger
There was a movie several years before "Buffy" premiered called "Cherry 2000" about a guy trying to get parts to repair Cherry, his "love bot," (nothing dirty in the movie, it was PG-13) who had a personality almost exactly like the Buffy bot's, and I've always wondered if Joss or some of his writing staff intentionally used Cherry as their inspiration.

(I'm sure that the movie's still around, by the way, if anyone would like to see what I'm talking about."Cherry 2000" with a VERY young Melanie Griffith and Edward Albert, jr)

I
InsaneMystic
I vaguely remember seeing that one on TV... once, very late on.
Top Bottom