• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Burning: Prologue - Chapter 5 (pgs 1- 63)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ok, I've finished this section, and there's both a lot going on, and also a lot of filler.

I get that this is meant to be between seasons 4 and 5, but the little Tara scene just seemed odd to me. Also Cordelia following the girl was a bit odd, but then we didn't really see how much she was affected by the visions Vocah gave her.

Priceless

Scooby
This is the first Buffy book I've read, and it's odd to read paragraphs describing characters and relationships we already know. It certainly doesn't leave much room for the reader to bring their own ideas to the story.

I really like having the AI and SunnyD crews working together. I like Salma, the original character, and the mystery she brings to Buffy.

I wouldn't say the book is incredibly well written, but it's readable and I'm looking forward to reading more.

TarasBoyfriend

Unwilling disciple of Eyghon
Sineya
It took a lot of effort for me to get this far. I was excited to start reading this but I didn't really enjoy it as much as I hoped. Each time I tried to force myself to pick the book back up it just felt more difficult to do so. I really feel like some of the characterizations are way off. One example is when Willow kind of talking negatively about a girl for being thin. It did not feel like Willow to me. Also. the dialogue, in general, feels unnatural to me. It is probably just me but I'm not enjoying this so far. I really hope everyone else is though.

nightshade
nightshade
I'm not into it either
Top Bottom