• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Channels Atlantis

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
DISCLAIMER:
The name of the characters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer are used courtesy of Joss Whedon.

PREFACE

The Channels Atlantis

The island that was first known as the greatest country on earth was Atlantis. The island was surrounded water that was mostly surrounded by land would become to be known as the Gulf of Mexico. For the first several decades it existed the country gathered the best of people.

Generations came to form an existence on the lands then leaders started to be chosen and so began the realm of the Godkings and the Godqueens. It was the Godking Aqueion who had taken control over all that was in the waters of the seas and oceans.

His favourite were the Mermaids and the Sirens at his side was she who had become known as his sister she was the Godqueen Cla-ere though they hardly ever met. She had control of the creature of the land her favourite were the winged horses.

The Godqueen Raphaziekiel had a control over the people, she caused herself to be able to heal them. The Godking Kal-naonar gave her a completeness to the healing, he did as the planet did and where ever was needed he would take life yet with Raphaziekiel they could return any to life, from death.

That had continued to be so for two hundred and fifty three thousand years. Then began the massive circular storms, they began to threaten the Atlantians way of life eventually threatening the very land the country existed on.

During the following three hundred years a new land was sought where they could exist and prosper. A further century was passed when boats and ships of many varied designs and sizes were built that would transport every building and terracotta pot to the new lands.

The chosen land was between the hamlet of what would be known as Salcombe, above the land was a fresh water lake where those horses and unicorns with or without wings would meet in the northeast to what is the Bill of Portland bore the northern and end, to the south western end at where the isle of Guernsey and the island bounded with Cherbourg to the Southeast.

As people began to settle on the new land, the word was sent to all seafaring traders of their intention. And so the Empire of Atlantis began, an empire built on a knowledge that all sea traders could go to pass their wares to other countries. Atlantis began to promote that trade and to give easy access to new continents.

A canal was constructed with bridges to form roads from the northern island to the southern island. But the storms raced into the channel so quickly they began to destroyed the lands and eventually they fell from existence. Then they fell from our memory.

To Be Continued

Reactions: Leo

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Skeletal Remains

Pitts, Tom, Garet and Westy had gone from the archeological dig near Salcombe to a café near to where they had been attending Exeter university. They had arranged to meet Alison who was from a small hamlet near Camelford in Cornwall that morning.

Garet had written to a magazine about the dig and spoken about the DNA of the skeletal remains they had found at the dig, it was thought that it was some form of horse. Alison contacted them as the animal she looked after had the same DNA.

All the horses on the farm seemed to worship it but they also gave it a wide berth. Having agreed to meet at the café near the university Tom introduced who they were and Alison introduced herself and the man she had met en route.

Tom looked at him, he told Alison they would like to know something about the man she had brought with her. Before she could reply David agreed with him and said, that they should all refer to him as David, he said he was interested in what they had discovered and would help them if he was able to.

Alison looked at Tom he said nothing so she said about the horse on her parent’s farm that it was just a few years old that it was a DNA match to what was in the magazine, she said she wanted to know what they knew.

Tom said there was something special about the skeletal remains they had discovered. Tom looked to each of them on the dig. “Before you ask that I’d like to know what else we should call David,” asked Pitts.

“Before I answer that allow me to know the story that led you to the site of the dig, plus I’d like to know exactly where it was you found the skeletal remains?” asked David. Westy agreed, “We had been asked by the farmer whose land that is.

He said he was going to build a two level building the field north of the wall was for his cows and the field to the south he was going to lease to a guy for his Donkeys, the downstairs was going to be a home to keep his cows in, and the upper floor would be where he kept straw and feed for the both of them.

Having begun to sink a hole to put the support post in the ground he had just about reached the required depth for the other post when he discovered these remains of the horse. The farmer invited us and we started the dig at that point.

We soon discovered a stone wall at the depth of where he wanted his foundations, under the rocks he found the skeletal remains. David was silent for several moments, deep in thought. David reiterated what he had said before that they should refer to him as David.

“My other name is a bit of a mouthful, that other name is not of this age, if you want to know what it is I’ll tell you, but in a place where it is suitable near to where the archaeological site is.” A few hours later they were in the field approaching the dig site to a large tent, David stared to a well a few yards away.

The farmer was about to join them in the tent when another man and two young women arrived
Garet invited them to sit in the tent. “What I have for you is more revealing,” said David. Garet stopped and looked to him, “What?”

David pointed to the rock wall of the well, “That isn’t a well there is a trap door there that leads down to a passage, you are all invited to go down into the passage.” David led the way and when they were all stood in the passage David lit a torch.

Having not seen the torch Pitts was about to sound his surprise when David stepped further along the passage and lit another torch. For what seemed like at least three hours they walked along the passage until David lit several torches in the rectangular room.

“What are they doing here?” asked Westy, he pointed to what was carved into the stone of the walls. “I know what they are they are hieroglyphics, Egyptian hieroglyphics, as translated from the Rosetta Stone, so that must be where we are,” said Giles.

David looked to Giles and told him he was wrong. “You are wrong on so many levels, for starters those hieroglyphics are not Egyptian, and so they are not of the Rosetta Stone. Where we are is in the Pyramid that looks as though concrete has been mistakenly poured over its top.

The Early Egyptian Pharaohs would say they would go to meet the old Gods, then they claimed it was they who arranged it so we stopped them from going to the afterlife. The few who saw us as those who caused them to live longer we allowed to come here.”

A woman walked into the room, she looked special Willow tugged at Buffy’s top “There is something about her.” The woman smiled to Willow, “I can see we should invite you.” Buffy asked her who she is. David smiled to Buffy.

The lady is the Sadalphian, Godqueen of all Atlantis. I am Aqueion, Godking of Atlantis, the passge to this room took you from England to Egypt, leaving the room on this side will take you to our home, Atlantis.” Giles said that if Atlantis was destroyed as so many said it had been how could they go there.

“We knew Atlantis was about to end so we had it remain in the past, in the time that was, when you visit Atlantis you will be in the year five thousand eight hundred and eighty a few years before the birth of the Egyptian Empire that we created,” said Sadalphian.

David then had them follow him down along a brighter passage that seemed warmer the further they went until at last they all stood on flat ground. “Where are we?” asked Alison. The Godqueen Sadalphian answered her, with a wave of her hand, “You are now in Atlantis.”

Willow questioned David about where he had been in the time they were from. David grinned to her, “I had been trying to find the daughter of one who had supported us the time of now. The current descendent of her has gone missing and for no apparent reason. Her mother has spoken to the police but they have been unable to find any leads,” said David.

“Anything my friends and I can do to help you we will,” said Giles. David was grateful he asked that those who were archaeological should continue their dig, we have many who have abilities and many researchers who know more than you know now Atlantis was a land of the intelligent.

David continued to Willow, “I learned who we would need to begin the search I searched for where the daughter had gone but was unsuccessful so I will seek help from Siobhan and Sionara, Siobhan has the ability to track a person through waters, any form of water.

Sionara can follow a person through the air even if that air has been disturbed by a small storm or that of a massive hurricane. My great friend Elsebeta who can raise people from the dead as well as cause she is required to, to kill.

Elsebeta hails from the greatest of healers, she was first noticed by her ability to cause even the most obscure of plants to thrive at her touch. With the power of the earth she can cause a stick to bloom into flower just as the earth can cause a seed to bring forth an acorn tree.

“And then there’s our researchers have done, they do what humans of now don’t understand, we have clothes that can cause you to see through walls, to understand a person’s thoughts, to cause the wearer to see what has been touched or where has been walked,” said Sadalphian

To Be Continued.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
(I am sorry for the previous errors, I tried to be more careful with this part.)

Casting the Shadows

Tom asked David if he knew why the stone wall had been built there, David looked about but couldn’t see who had been given the task of tending to the livestock. He told Tom the wall had been erected to stop their animals from falling into the water.

A path had been constructed on each side where it would be safe for them to walk down to the water’s edge for a drink. David told Tom that the wall had been erected along the cliffs at the southern end of the lake. As most of the land had now gone from what was Atlantis it was doubtful if the stone wall would be found.

As they looked down to the remnants of the stone wall one of the Protectors of Atlantis stepped to be behind them. “Mar-riana! Why are you here?” asked David. Mar-riana smiled. “It was Sadalphian who suggested that I should present myself to you, she told me to use the girls name, Christina.

She also told me to tell you to find a place where others can call home. David was puzzled, “Who do you mean?” “Sadalphian told me to tell you the others included the Sirens of old,” said Mar-riana.

Garet said he had a friend who used to live in the town, he said he would try to contact her and get her to go there. He was sat looking at what looked like the wishing well as a young woman went to him. “I take it you don’t recognize me anymore,” Caitlin introduced herself.

“I have brought my friends Andrew and Thomson,” she said, “Together we own the run down excuse for what was a hotel, known as the Waterside Hotel. Westy asked her why it was known by that name.

Caitlin said that if a person was to stand on the ledge around the roof with a pair of powerful binoculars they could see most of the town and much of the estuary. Even from the base of the hotel they could see where the wall once was, and nearby the hotel is the wishing well.

Sadalphian spoke to Giles, she said that their research people had designed boats that could sail the oceans. That the boats would be good to sail across the estuary to where the Waterside Hotel was she asked Mr. Giles how developed the world had become.

“Our research people have developed electricity that powers each building on the island, we gained that power from the storm clouds, that power is accumulated with the power from the sun to raise or lower the bridges between the north and south island. The one craft that has been problematic

has been ships that move on land. Not being powered by wind the research team has tried to make them powered by machines that govern air pressure.” She turned about and looked to the sky, seeing what she wanted she pointed to the moon.

They have taken metals from this world to make a craft to go there, powered by air pressure and gravity. Giles was impressed he told the Godqueen Sadalphian of mankind landing people on the moon, but they had used a massive amount of fossil fuel to do so which was dangerous and caused ill health to the plane.

“I wish we knew how your craft could fly in this time, many scientists have formed rumours that the world is ending because of burning the fossil fuels.” Sadalphian looked puzzled, David looked to her and explained that their researcher was in essence an equal to a scientist on the world.

Garet wanted to know what was being planned, David stated that if they were needed it would be better if they were on hand, also because they could learn of what was. David told Garet he’d explain what each of their abilities were as they were put into use.

David suggested that Willow and Buffy should meet the next visitors from Atlantis, and to guide them to the Watersview Hotel afterwards. Buffy faced Willow as the people from Atlantis entered one side of the animal shelter then followed the ladder down and emerged from the front of the animal shelter.

Five women followed Buffy and Willow to the hotel, to safety. David introduced them as Hahnrifiel, Zadkief, Uriel, Jophure and Marissa. Willow was curious about them, she asked David if they had specific traits, she asked him of their backgrounds.

David smiled then nodded, he told Willow that several of them were so very old, they were once the demons of the deep that as they rose to the water’s surface they became mermaids. At first they helped the sailors until the boats and ships began to be built of metal. As that was painful to the mermaids they became known as Sirens.

The mermaids had known to be referred to as the witches of the sea, they could control the waves, swells and the currents. They caused ships to drift towards the rocks. It wasn’t because the sailors heard the song of the Sirens that the ships crashed on the rocks, it was the currents that directed the ships to crash on the rocks.

David continued his explanation of who could do what, Hahnrifiel could read and control any persons mind. Zadkief had similar traits in that she could control a person’s body and any living creatures body. Uriel was the prime being she could do what she or any other wanted her to do.

As they stood there Caitlin Andrew and Thomson fronted them, Caitlin stared at Uriel. “Why is it that when I look at you I don’t think of anything human.” David told Caitlin that if she saw anything in her mind as not human she ought to think of something else.

That evening the girls from Atlantis and the girls from earth began to become friends, they spent much of the evening getting to know each other. At nine forty five that night Greaves turned up, he greeted a few of the team from Exeter university, later that evening Pitts showed Greaves where his new accommodation was.

He was speaking to him when David approached, he told them to watch the women that he had introduced to them, that they were lovers of water, they would always be at their best when they were near water.

David said he had begun to tell Willow about his girls, women who once were from the deep of the world’s oceans, they had become mermaids then after metal ships and boats were created the mermaids became Sirens and the thrust the human ships on to the rocks.

The human took decades to learn where the worst of the rock clusters were, then they built lighthouses to warn ships of where the rock were. Over time though most ships kept away from the rocks and many of the Sirens moved inland.

Once inland they began to be known as witches; a few of them regained what was once their initial trait, they wanted to be known as the demons of old. Thomson had heard what David had been saying said it was good his uncle hadn’t been there as his uncle hated all demons.

“Are all demons the same?” asked Greaves. David said that couldn’t be as the ones from the earth’s surface were just a copy of what really was it was the mermaids of old who came from the depths that came from near hell.”

Greaves asked Pitts about their friends who had once owned the farm near there, he asked Pitts if he had been to meet them. Pitts said that both Dani and Leia had been at the farm when he had gone there, that they were both still builders of small fishing boats. Pitts added they promised to visit.

Almost an hour had gone by before Dani and Leia arrived. Pitts had been designing a room for each of them to hone their skills. A central attraction he had put together was a witches plaything though it was designed to instill a pronounced atmospheric ambience. The options for the music machine were screams and drums.

He had put several packs of several types of Tarot card packs, multiple rune stones and some old and new books of witches. He invited several of them to paint the rooms, Siobhan was looking forward to painting the room she had promised to.

Her idea was to paint an authentic look of a crypt, she brought many sculptures to help the room feel like it belonged, with the sounds that would emanate from the room next door. The drumming and a few distant screams would only add to the effect once the room had been painted in colours that gave it a mystical feel.

To Be Continued

Reactions: Leo

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Ah the Sunrise, the Sunrise in you

“There is nothing like a new dawn to make everything seem better,” said Hahnrifiel. She had felt the feelings she had once had for another become apparent for her. She knew it was for Tom but was unaware of anything Tom had ever done to install those feeling in her, but there they were.

“Though I know of the age difference that lies between us it isn’t that long and we do appear to be the same yet in ninety years it may be quite apparent.” Garet stood between them. “There is nothing like a warm sunny day to make us smile at our misgivings, no matter how true or false they may be,” said Garet.

“If you both still want to be together in ten years I dare say the other witches would be happy to make some form of immortal blessing to make Tom immortal.” Hahnrifiel looked to Tom “Or sooner if it seems right.”

“There was a phone call for you just a few minutes ago Tom,” said Garet, “two women said they wanted to be involved with designing the layout of the museum, the Mythology of Demons Museum. Dani and Leia were primarily interested in making the stand for the shadows and the quadrophonic sound system that would support the sight of them.

Early the next day as Tom was looking at the virtually empty museum when he heard the sound of drumming gently reverberating through the room, then there was the screams of people gently and intermittently coursing through the air of the room.

“There is a strange girl out the front. I’m not sure what, but there is something about her,” said Hahnrifiel. Garet went to see who she could be for himself, as soon as he saw her he knew her
and told everyone that her name was Gillian and that he had called upon her several times, she was psychic.

He asked them all to make her feel quite at home here. Gillian said that wasn’t necessary as they all had acknowledged him and knew what she wanted,

He turned to face Marissa. “That’s okay, you just ignore us.” Marissa turned to face him then looked at Gillian. Marissa said she had been asked to be there as no reason had been found why the daughter had gone missing.

“We were to next search for any tracks of her abductors may have made when they took her,” though if Jophure had spoken that to the letter no one had captured her. David stated there were two possibilities based on that line of thought. “They who took her were far more advanced than they were being given credit for or she had not been captured,” said David.

Marissa looked into his eyes she said that they should follow both possibilities. “There is no reason to follow only one, if that was found to be the wrong one they have to start on the other line of thought and be months behind her, and maybe never find her,”

David knew she was right, he decided they should track down both likely hoods. He called for Siobhan, Sionara and Elsebeta to investigate how they thought she had begun to leave the area. After two days of searching the three of them came to the realization that the woman had left of her own accord.

“It should be accepted that she may have been hypnotized or even brainwashed though Elsebeta wasn’t very sure the woman had been,” said Sionara. Elsebeta suggested that Sadalphian be sent to discover what the daughters normal behavior was.

Both Garet and Alison told David that understanding how a person might react to any situation was problematic. She may have been captured but being told to go with them peaceably or they’d make life become hard for her mother may have caused the woman to go what may be deemed to be willingly.

David did his best to explain how Siobhan and Sionara tracked those they asked him to, Siobhan could read the weight of foot falls on the floor of the puddle whereas Sionara could see the effects of the air on the soil around the puddle.

And that as Elsebeta could sense and understand was the mannerism of the earth. She was able to say the woman was in full control of her body though had some entity entered her body then attempted to understand her mannerisms as opposed to controlling her.

The difference was a possession that had the body behave as it always had or a possessing demon who wished to be unseen. Many traps were laid though nothing specific was learnt. Marissa Willow and Buffy went with Giles to try and find what other places the woman may have gone.

They started to go along tracks in the forest, they looked for foot prints but found no evidence of who they wanted. Buffy asked Marissa if having Jophure with them would help. Marissa said that if they stood side by side there would be no benefit but if they went to different places she would.

Giles wandered in with Buffy and Willow, he was bemused as Buffy was dressed as though it was summer while Willow wore an overcoat. He asked what abilities they had and how they differed she was shocked at Marissa’s response. Buffy was impressed to learn that they both grew up as Sirens, that their powers were the same.

Jophure motioned Buffy to look at a small puddle, to see how the wet of the puddles water had wet the ground around the puddle, she said that by concentrating which side of the puddle had the greatest amount of water on it, what was dryest ground that indicated which part of the puddle had been stood in and if the footfalls were gentle or if the puddle had been jumped in.

Buffy was about to say how impressed she was when Marissa announced the footfall had been by the woman who they were hoping to find. Jophure told Buffy the shape of the footfall, judging the shape they could tell which way the shape of the boot was facing.

Marissa and Jophure led them in a direction a few degrees different from what they had been going. Giles stated the woman must have changed direction there or she would have been in a different place.

Willow took a street map from the inside pocket of her overcoat, she flicked over the pages until she found where they were. She looked at the next page, trying to understand where the woman could have gone. Giles made note of a set of railway lines on that page.

Marissa and Jophure were to be in one of the vans, they waited until they were in the railway station. Making themselves invisible they waited for the woman to come into sight. The train rocked to and fro before she wandered from the station.

The woman introduced herself, declaring that her name was Sualyn. She wandered out of the station looked around at the vehicles in the car park. She breathed out then walked towards a red and yellow van, pressed a hand against the metal of the door – it opened and she stepped in.

In the back of the van Sualyn looked at the dull coloured metallic crypt she appealed to its nature, she asked if it could utter a response, it responded to her and offered her a mythological artefact Sualyn tilted her head to it, the crypt apologized and said the artefact wasn’t as old as she was.

Sualyn stepped from the van into the parking area she thought to her new friends, she called for help. Jophure and Marissa appeared to her, wrapped their arms about her shoulders then disappeared. They reappeared in a stone animal shelter near to where the lake once was.

Sualyn knew she had been rescued, she settled and waited for her being to awake.

To Be Continued

Top Bottom