• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Golden Globes

Mylie

Scooby
The Golden Globes are happening this sunday (tomorrow) so I thought it might be fun to discuss the nominations and predict winners!

I haven't seen all the movies nominated, but I'll try to watch as much as I can this weekend. How about everyone else? Have you seen the movies nominated? Which ones are you rooting for? Which ones do you think will win? Same for television award!

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm going to guess that I've not seen any of them,but I haven't seen the list either, so I may have, highly unlikely, but I might have.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
What do the golden globes award? Is it just movies or all actors and directors and all those other bits? What tv shows are in it?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Best Motion Picture - Drama
I haven't seen Joker yet but I plan to, same with Marriage Story and 1917. Right now, I can't say which I want winning as I haven't seen any of them.

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Argh, I still have to watch 3 of them, but I thought Rocketman was so brilliant and filmed in such a unique way for a music biopic. I wouldn't mind it winning, tbh.

Best Director
Quentin Tarantino. All the way (even if I have yet to see the film he's nominated for) :p

Best Motion Picture - Animated
Gonna have to go with Toy Story 4.

Those are the only categories where I'm even remotely familiar with the nominated films or TV shows, whoops :D

Mylie
Mylie
You need to watch Once Upon A Time In Hollywood!!! It's so freaking good! :)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Best Motion Picture: Marriage Story (probably should be The Irishman).

Best Musical or Comedy: Once Upon a Time... (what a dumb category, ha!)

Best Actress: Zellweger

Best Actor: Phoenix

Best Actress in Comedy or Musical: Awkafina (have a feeling the result might be different at the Oscars)

Best Actor in Comedy or Musical: Murphy (going for the feel good comeback story!)

Best Supporting Actress: Lopez (I so want it to be Dern!)

Best Supporting Actor: Pitt

Best Director: Scorsese

Best Screenplay: Marriage Story

Best Animated: Frozen II

Best Foreign Language Film: Parasite

Best Score: Little Women

Best Song: I'm Gonna Love Me Again (Rocketman)

Best TV Show: The Morning Show (could be any of these)

Best TV Show: Musical or Comedy: Fleabag

Best Limited Series: Chernobyl

Best Actress in a Limited Series: Michelle Williams (Fosse/Verdon)

Best Actor in a Limited Series: Cohen (The Spy)

Actress in a TV Series: Aniston (The Morning Show)

Actor in a TV Series: Malek (Mr. Robot)

Best Actress in a TV series, Musical or Comedy: Rachel Brosnahan (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Best Actor in TV Series, Musical or Comedy: Bill Hader (Barry)

Best Supporting Actress for TV Limited Series: Streep (Big Little Lies)

Best Supporting Actor TV Limited Series: Skarsgard (Chernobyl)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
The people I want to win awards shows rarely do. Anyway, I'm hoping that the following win...

Saoirse Ronan for Best Actress drama movie
Kaitlyn Dever for best actress limited series
Unbelievable for limited series
Beanie Feldstein for Best Actress comedy movie

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Marriage Story and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood are my two favourites. Really great movies with an amazing collection of people.

I was planning to see Jo Jo Rabbit. Don't know what I haven't yet. I want to see Stephen Merchant as a gestapo agent.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I couldn't remember why I could never be bothered with the Golden Globe Award, you guys have reminded me, thanks. I see it as more important for me to cut the grass with a pair of scissors.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I have to say, given the extreme over-hype of Little Women and Greta Gerwig, I was really surprised that she didn't get a Best Direction nomination, especially given her previous wins for Lady Bird.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Well I got 11 predictions right out of I don't know 18? So I'll take that!

Not too many surprises. I see the Awards are still digging the political War movie. I'll be amazed if 1917 is better than The Irishman. They always tend to give QT writing awards (probably his weakest area IMO).

The one nice surprise was Dern winning. Lets hope that translates into an Oscar (not sure it will the Lopez comeback story has Oscars written all over it). She should have won in 2007 for INLAND EMPIRE!

Top Bottom