• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Gunn Chronicles (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
The Gunn Chronicles (Out Of Character Thread)

This thread is for anything you want to discuss without taking up space in the RP thread.

Introduction:

Welcome all to the story the greatest story that no one has ever told... a story of brave souls mostly. Of impossible odds', and saving the world on the occasion when it's needed. It doesn't matter if there is an army of undead killing superwomen, two vampires with souls, or uber-witches flying about. People still need saving, and sometimes that means standing up and being counted.

This is a story about the rest of us... the folks who don't usually make the headlines. Maybe you're a human who just had a violent brush with the supernatural, maybe you're a half/demon with an axe to grind, or maybe you're a newly activated slayer who doesn't fit in with your classmates. Whatever your damage, mission, or quest...there's a job to do, people to help, and redemption to be had. It's dangerous work, and not for the faint of heart. Now if you're done taking a time out, there's an army of 'beasties' out there, and work to be done.

Welcome to The Gunn Chronicles.

Plot Setting: Charles Gunn begins his own agency, specializing in hunting and killing evil demons, and generally helping the helpless. Looking to recruit a new team, he scouts out old and new players in the fight against evil. If you pass the test, he'll hand you a card with an address.

Time Setting- After "After the Fall" and Charles Gunn was restored to being a human. (Essentially Current)

Place - Los Angeles (but other locations as needed)

Characters - Cannon & Non-Cannon* Characters Welcome, feel free to claim any character you want, but remember first come first served. Special Note: If you want to play one of the big 3 (Buffy, Spike, Angel) please PM me first to discuss story Dynamics.

*make sure any non-cannon characters fit in with the Buffyverse, and if they are considered dead or otherwise busy in universe, have a decent/semi-plausible explanation as to how they are in LA/alive. Example Anya - brought back by the TPB (the powers that be) to fulfill an ancient prophecy. Example, Willow, needing a break from slayer central etc...

Requirements: At least one post per month, and multiple sentences (also third person narrative preferred)

Writing Examples:

(Pass)
Gunn was unaware of it at first... but as the light grew dimmer it was no longer a question. Something was coming down the corridor, and to him this didn't feel like a friendly. Pulling the small short sword from it's leather sheath at his side, he readied himself, his hands trembling slightly in fear as he steadied himself. The creature approached, and when it was close Gunn sprang from his hiding place, preparing to bring swift justice to the monster that now stalked him.

"Game over!" He yelled as he swung the sharpened blade at the figure in the darkness.

(Fail)
Gunn jumped down, and yelled "game over!"

Current Characters:

Charles Gunn
- Born in the Badlands, an inner-city suburb of Los Angeles, and looked after his sister, Alonna, from a very young age. Although he had a few brushes with the law, he acted to keep the streets in his neighborhood safe. In his teens, Gunn rose through the ranks to become the leader of a gang of street-fighters who protected their turf from vampires using guerrilla tactics. After losing Alonna, he joined Angel Investigations, traveled dimensions, lost everything, and survived the end of the world twice. He's returned to LA. Now in his early 30's he's looking to form his own team, and keep up the good fight no matter the odds.

Accepted Characters will be added in posts below.

Faith Lehane

The Slayer. She was called in 1998 when her predecessor Kendra Young died at the hands of Drusilla,[2] and the last Slayer to be called by the original succession line before it was abolished in spring 2003. After many adventures, going evil, yada yada yada...

Faith decided to leave Angel and London behind, justifying it by her realization that she still needed time on her own to sort out her life.

ACCEPTED

Chao-ahn

.... born in Shanghai & was one of the Potentials brought to Sunnydale to help out/hide from the First . She didn't tell anyone that she could speak English beside Cantonese, & heard a lot of things because of that & it really made her dislike what was happing there . After the fight at the Hellmouth while she was running away she got hit with a bolt of magic she thinks . The result was her winding up in LA . And after finding out it was a few years later decided to stay. She had lost her family & didn't want to look Buffy & the others up because she doesn't know what they do & maybe run tests on her so she staying in LA.

ACCEPTED

Buffy Lover

Townie
Spike- Spike (born William Pratt) was a famous and widely-feared vampire turned in 1880. He was well -known among both humans and demons for having faced and killed two slayers during his unlife and his history of torturing his victims with railroad spikes ( which is rumored the moniker of "Spike" is derived from). Now en-souled, and having fought on the side of good, Spike has returned to L.A. To continue to doing what he can to redeem himself from all his horrible deeds.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Welcome Spike!

ACCEPTED!

Hey everyone, it's nice to see the RP get going, and so far you guys are doing great.

Just want to remind everyone that if you're not sure what to post next, post here, and ask. You can always work things out OOC so everyone is on the same page. You can also Private message whoever your writing with, just to let them know you posted, or if you're stumped, or if you'll be unable to post for a while and to keep going without you. If you need help with creating a little drama, let me know, I'll be sure to drop in something or someone to keep you on your toes.

Also, remember to try to add a little detail in your posts... what time is it? where in the space are you, whats the weather? Also be patient, sometimes people might take a day to respond (or longer) so take your time read back your posts and make sure they make sense, and above all, have fun. You're being a slayer, or a vampire, or... a guy with an axe, it should be fun!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I do what you said & start trying on making my posts longer with a little more bite or is it good enough already ?

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Your doing awesome! Just remember to take your time, and don't rush. Also be sure to read carefully the responses of the person your writing with. The more you think about what your character might really say or do, the better your post will be.

If it helps, write you're response in Word, or another program and edit it before posting.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Hey everyone, great writing so far! I know some folks are new to RP's, so I want to remind everyone please try to post at least a paragraph when you post. Three sentences at least. If you can only think of a sentence, take some time and think about what other details you can add to your post. How are you feeling, what are you wearing, what does the place you're in smell like? The more descriptive your posts are, the more you give the people you're writing with too work with.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Seriously, that was a great post, you're a natural at this! I leave it up to you, might be the weird looking one could have some useful info. Otherwise go on and get your slay on... just save me one :). Don't make it too easy though...

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Cool...Those guys are so toast! :)

I've written a few Fanfic stories, most of it based around Faith, so I've kinda got inside her head a bit. First time I've ever seen a RP like this though, let alone tried it....
So just treating each post like a drabble (Something else I learned about recently)...........

Spanky
Spanky
You think a drabble is hard, wait till you try a dribble!

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Drabble? Oh you mean giving only bits of the story as you go along? Fanfiction writing helps tremendously to get the tone of your character. Also helps in getting used to extended writing.

Can't wait to see Faith unleash the slayage.

Last edited:

ChaseRules

Sineya
Just how close it this to where Chao -ahn & Spike is I was wondering .

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Close... maybe half a mile. Not close enough to know what happened... but stay tuned, you and spike might be involved soon enough.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Thanks & until then she keep drinking :)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
New Faith post gone up........still need to do a bit of work on by combat scenes. It's hard to make them clear as to what's going on without losing the drama.....

Left you some Vamps to play with.......but you'd better hurry or she's dusting them too ;)

ChaseRules

Sineya
Sounds like she really getting into it . BTW how did Faith & Chao -ahn get alone so I know how to act when they met .

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Faith has her own issues she's dealing with, the direct friction between her and the Buffster, feeling cooped up with a bunch of other people with similar powers and gifts. Plus maybe some other deeper things that Last Watcher may reveal over time.

Chao-ahn? That's totally up to you. Why do you think she'd be out on her own?

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Didn't really see the two of them interact, so it's difficult to tell really.
Faith did try & bond with the potentials (More than Buffy did anyway) & she took them to the Bronze.
Can't quite remember if Cho-ahn was with the group when 'Faith go boom'......
Don't think Faith really did anything to antagonise any of the Slayer wannabee's so it should be ok between them........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom