• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Gunn Chronicles (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Harmony sounds good. But so does Dawn. Wb Cordeliagirl:)

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Not sure. Hmmm, I will have too read the first few and last threads of RP to see from where and what Dawn is coming into. As far as where Dawn is coming from still work shopping that, appreciate suggestions. Likely she has been with Slayer compound central with Xander, Giles and Andrew. And of course Buffy, she has high respect for slayers particularly new slayers and their concerns.

Naturally she will be growing into her own confidence and authority, what I am wondering and take input on, is what level of watcher studies should she be given coming? even martial ability or emerging powers. I am RPing her personality where the series left off because that is what we/I know but there needs a backstory right, I can get into it once the back story sorted, opinions?
Well I'd imagine her competence to be close to Wesley when he first came in, except with more practical experience. As far as fighting that's up to you. You could have her come in a little awkwardly, maybe not 100% that this is what you should be doing. Then as we embark on a few missions, prove your usefulness to the team.

Gunn will treat you fairly, if a little stand-offish at first. His experience with Slayers has been a mixed bag, he trusts Faith, and Cho-ahn, but he's never met Buffy, only stories, so having you near is going to make him even more curious, course he'd never let on.

Faith will probably be... well Faith.

Our adventures are set after Season 9, but we generally don't get into to many specific details of where the characters were before popping up in the story. Think of it as an Elseworlds... or a 'What If'
The number one goal is to have fun and make an interesting story.

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Faith would never be anything else! ;)

ChaseRules

Sineya
And since Cho-Ah didn't have any scenes with Dawn we can make up how they got alone in Sunnydale.

Any ideas on what you want to do ?
I have a few but I let you go first .

Meliza

Scooby
@CharlieGunn1 I agree with that. Dawn is coming to L.A from Slayer command central, its a network of stations all over the world. Recently departing from a flight from South America. She has dappled in many things, like magic but she did not get past the rudimentary level because it was not a natural fit. She has a intelligence for research and information retention so she studied slayer history and demonology before apprenticing under Giles but disagreed with his methods and philosophy because he remains and always will very much a product of the Watchers Council (She was willing to sacrifice herself for the world and he killed Ben when he was not a threat for comparison) so they broke ranks on friendly terms and she went her off on her own spending time first as a second in-command to Lieutenant Captain Xander as head of Buffy's operation. After a romantic entanglement with Xander which proved politically distracting to troops underneath them, they decided to take a break and Buffy asked Dawn if she wanted to do field work, starting slowly in a beginners training division to fighting with her but Dawn reclined because she is sensitive and highly aware of her feelings keeping journals again chronicling her life and thoughts and knew she wanted to be on her own, truly making her own decisions for the first time and not in a highly regimented environment .

She also knew that this was Buffy's way of asking that she stay close by and Dawn was afraid being sensitive herself, with a tendency to take things very personally, that Buffy would misinterpret a rejection like she did in "Forever" when she accused Buffy’s coping strategy after their mothers death as a effort to “avoid her”

But while Buffy was once adamant about keeping Dawn safe, after the person she trusted most attempted to bring to end the world in "Grave" she realized life doesn't work that way and its a component of it, so now Buffy respects and supports Dawn decisions and being less sensitive then Dawn figured quickly that it is about needing to find her own independent way as a adult, plus this is Dawn we're talking about hello stubborn.

@ChaseRules , Since Cho-Ah is your character I think its a good idea for you to decide what their relationship was like in Sunnydale and I will accept that. And you have my permission to write Dawn in past events involving Cho-Ah.

Last edited:
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Nice intro..... :)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Well as far as Female characters go Faith, Willow, Cordy, Dawn & Chao-Ahn are already accounted for (and Buffy would overshadow Gunn's role as boss a bit)......but any of the others are still up for grabs..... :)
Just choose one & let us know. @CharlieGunn1 runs the show so arrange things with him before you start......but I'm sure you will be welcome to join us :)

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Well as far as Female characters go Faith, Willow, Cordy, Dawn & Chao-Ahn are already accounted for (and Buffy would overshadow Gunn's role as boss a bit)......but any of the others are still up for grabs..... :)
Just choose one & let us know. @CharlieGunn1 runs the show so arrange things with him before you start......but I'm sure you will be welcome to join us :)
Thank you! I'm thinking of starting my own role play too & so excited & love role play!

I would love to play Harmony! @CharlieGunn1 if that would be great

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Ooh! Harmony.......she could be a huge amount of fun to have on board......fits well with the whole Gunn/LA scheme of things as well.......Nice choice!

Have a read (if you haven't already) of page 1 of this thread where the scene is set & a few rules are set up.....you can then introduce your character :)

Have you read through the story so far?

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Ooh! Harmony.......she could be a huge amount of fun to have on board......fits well with the whole Gunn/LA scheme of things as well.......Nice choice!

Have a read (if you haven't already) of page 1 of this thread where the scene is set & a few rules are set up.....you can then introduce your character :)

Have you read through the story so far?
I've read some of it yes I was reading through as well
When the moderator of the story decides if I'm in
I'll read through all the rules & everything

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Agh! @CharlieGunn1 @ChaseRules I've been busy the last couple of days & just seen the extra posts you guys put up......now I'm going to have to rewrite my next post :p

That'll teach me to post it when I finish writing it instead of leaving it to proofread the next day......:rolleyes:

ChaseRules

Sineya
Wow . Is that why you didn't post :eek: I was afraid you would post before I did so stayed up late to post Willow post .:D

Great post Watcher . Faith going to stay up there ?

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Thanks :) She will probably stay for Gunn's response...yeah

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Sorry @ChaseRules I had a rough draft of my post ready on Wednesday night but was too tired to proof read it to make sure it made sense......so I intended posting it on Thursday.....but ended up being busy all day. First time I got back on here was this evening to find you, 'Willow' and CG1 had posted & changed things......:rolleyes:

I think my post needed a rewrite anyway.......might keep the idea I had for a fanfic....or introduce it later as it would detract from the story right now..... :oops:

Anyhoo......post is up. Little bit dark, but I sneaked in a couple of funnies too (well I found them amusing :p ) and finally answered Gunn's question...... :cool:

ChaseRules

Sineya
Now I curious over the post :p

I wait until CG1 post & them come up there & then tell Cho Slayer dream.
Faith going to be anoyed that Cho wasn't cryptic at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom