• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Gunn Chronicles

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
The Gunn Chronicles

Introduction:

Welcome all to the story the greatest story that no one has ever told... a story of brave souls mostly. Of impossible odds', and saving the world on the occasion when it's needed. It doesn't matter if there is an army of undead killing superwomen, two vampires with souls, or uber-witches flying about. People still need saving, and sometimes that means standing up and being counted.

This is a story about the rest of us... the folks who don't usually make the headlines. Maybe you're a human who just had a violent brush with the supernatural, maybe you're a half/demon with an axe to grind, or maybe you're a newly activated slayer who doesn't fit in with your classmates. Whatever your damage, mission, or quest...there's a job to do, people to help, and redemption to be had. It's dangerous work, and not for the faint of heart. Now if you're done taking a time out, there's an army of 'beasties' out there, and work to be done.

Welcome to The Gunn Chronicles.

Plot Setting: Charles Gunn begins his own agency, specializing in hunting and killing evil demons, and generally helping the helpless. Looking to recruit a new team, he scouts out old and new players in the fight against evil. If you pass the test, he'll hand you a card with an address.

Time Setting- After "After the Fall" and Charles Gunn was restored to being a human. (Essentially Current)

Place - Los Angeles (but other locations as needed)

Characters - Cannon & Non-Cannon* Characters Welcome, feel free to claim any character you want, but remember first come first served. Special Note: If you want to play one of the big 3 (Buffy, Spike, Angel) please PM me first to discuss story Dynamics.

*make sure any non-cannon characters fit in with the Buffyverse, and if they are considered dead or otherwise busy in universe, have a decent/semi-plausible explanation as to how they are in LA/alive. Example Anya - brought back by the TPB (the powers that be) to fulfill an ancient prophecy. Example, Willow, needing a break from slayer central etc...

Requirements: At least one post per month, and multiple sentences (also third person narrative preferred)

Writing Examples:

(Pass)
Gunn was unaware of it at first... but as the light grew dimmer it was no longer a question. Something was coming down the corridor, and to him this didn't feel like a friendly. Pulling the small short sword from it's leather sheath at his side, he readied himself, his hands trembling slightly in fear as he steadied himself. The creature approached, and when it was close Gunn sprang from his hiding place, preparing to bring swift justice to the monster that now stalked him.

"Game over!" He yelled as he swung the sharpened blade at the figure in the darkness.

(Fail)
Gunn jumped down, and yelled "game over!"

Current Characters:

Charles Gunn
- Born in the Badlands, an inner-city suburb of Los Angeles, and looked after his sister, Alonna, from a very young age. Although he had a few brushes with the law, he acted to keep the streets in his neighborhood safe. In his teens, Gunn rose through the ranks to become the leader of a gang of street-fighters who protected their turf from vampires using guerrilla tactics. After losing Alonna, he joined Angel Investigations, traveled dimensions, lost everything, and survived the end of the world twice. He's returned to LA. Now in his early 30's he's looking to form his own team, and keep up the good fight no matter the odds.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
So we pick a character from Angel/Buffy to use & give a reason their there ? Or is there something else you want .

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
So we pick a character from Angel/Buffy to use & give a reason their there ? Or is there something else you want .
You nailed it, it's totally open however you want to play it. Just think of it as an almost new slate, you can bring the character from just about any time period, just as long as you explain it.

No mess, no fuss.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Chao-ahn was born in Shanghai & was one of the Potentials brought to Sunnydale to help out/hide from the First . She didn't tell anyone that she could speak English beside Cantonese, & heard a lot of things because of that & it really made her dislike what was happing there . After the fight at the Hellmouth while she was running away she got hit with a bolt of magic she thinks . The result was her winding up in LA . And after finding out it was a few years later decided to stay. She had lost her family & didn't want to look Buffy & the others up because she doesn't know what they do & maybe run tests on her so she staying in LA.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Character Accepted! We should be starting in a few more days. Just waiting for any other interested parties.

Side Note: I checked, high and low, and I can't find another active Buffy/Angel RP site that is still active. We may in fact be the last of the Mohicans... Seems like the odd's are stacked against us, and there ain't much hope :) Just how I like it!

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
So no others sites out there that will let you Rp Buffy /Angel ???
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Last of the Mohicans? I thought it was Buffy? Oh well I'll have to be Chingachgook then ;)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Faith swaggered into the room like she owned the place. She flopped down on a chair & put her feet up on the table.
Was in LA checkin in with tall dark & broody, when I Hear you guys are putting a team together.
Figured you would need a Slayer to handle all the heavy liftin, so I guess you can count me in.
Course, you don't gotta do nothing in this world for free, so I'll need some cash for expenses. Plus I'll need somewhere to crash.
What?
What ya all lookin at me like that for? I know I'm hot n'all but your lookin like you never seen a real Slayer before?
Whatever
Oh and Angel says Hi by the way.......

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
(OOC: Welcome Aboard! Character accepted! Nice Post... you hit the ground running! If you need anything outside of character just use these (...) )

Los Angeles ... 6:45 pm... Day One.

"Well, make yourself at home." Gunn said sarcastically as he took a deep breath. and dropped the axe. He gave faith a smirk, and shook his head at her casual demeanor.

"Oh and Angel says Hi by the way......."

"How is old McBroody, still with the infinite remorse bit I'll bet?" Gunn asked jokingly as he placed the axe on a table inside the small decrepit office. He'd rented the space from a Banturo demon that had agreed to smaller then customary rental fee in exchange for the occasional favor. He wasn't quite sure how Faith found him but he wasn't about to turn down the serious fire power she brought to the game. The yellow of a neon light outside the small detective office flooded in, lighting Faith's lithe form.

"Don't have much in the way of pay yet... though I did get some free meat pie's from Ms. Chu for killin' a beastie that was trying to eat her foot." He said leaned against the nearby desk and folded his arms. He wasn't much for the research, he missed Wesley in a serious way. The few magic books on a nearby shelf seemed to indicate the extent of Gunn's research library.

"Far as lodging is concerned your welcome to crash in the next room, there's a pull-out couch and what passes for a kitchen, though I can't promise it's completely demon free." He quipped as he looked faith over. Somehow her presence was reassuring, and a little worrying.

This was day one. If the powers sent in a slayer this early, it meant the stakes weren't exactly low.

"Got a lead on a slayer killin' vamps in China Town. Plus there's some business about Fyarl demon spotted near the fair grounds. What do you say we make it dinner and a slay?" Gunn asked as he grabbed his coat, and a small short sword hanging above the tv.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Faith stood slowly & looked around the room as if seeing it for the first time. Finally she looked over at Gunn as he hefted a short sword.
She tilted her head slightly & raised an eyebrow....

"Is this it? When the big man said you was putting a team together I was kinda expecting a, y'know....team?"

She shrugged & grinned slightly at the look on his face

"whatever. Always up for some beat down on the local nasties......lead on 'Boss'"

Pausing only to pick up the axe, she followed him out of the office & into a whole new chapter in her search for redemption.......

ChaseRules

Sineya
Chao-ahn finished her noodles & after thanking the owner for giving her the meal left the restaurant smiling . When she got outside she checked out her weapons . Two knives on the back of her belt ready for use .

A short sword she had taken from a demon a few days after she had gotten here in a scabbard on her back & two stakes in her coat sleeves ready for use.

" I got 5 more stakes at home so that good but i need to stop by the shrine soon & get some more holy water . Wonder when Delun will be there since i cant talk to the head because i trying on keeping it quite " she said to her self as she started out on patrol .

Thinking one more time how long it be before someone found out about her & came for her .

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
"Oh there's a team alright... us. Were all that stands in the way of the big evil... well in LA at least. Seems like most of the big guns have bigger fish to fry, you know, saving the world and all. Having epic adventures? Me? I'm just doing what I can. Not all of us have the ancient power thing coursing through our veins." He said wistfully as he grabbed his keys. He was dressed in a black polo shirt, cargo pants, and a jacket full of little surprises. Gunn had learned long ago that a couple tricks up your sleeve as a normal human fighting evil could mean all the difference.

He took a moment to lock the door to the office, and noticed Faith seemed to be eager to get going. As the two of them ambled down the stairs of the mostly empty building a question was building in his mind. He kept coming back to it, but never for a moment let alone that he was concerned. When they got to his old truck, he popped open the door in gentlemanly fashion. The damn thing was still running, and it was a good thing too, Gunn had just enough cash to get the office opened. He hoped his new partner wouldn't mind.

"Mrs. Chu said she saw a girl with stakes and weapons going up against a couple of Vamp's in her neighborhood. Could be a slayer, could be cosplay... you'd be surprised how often that happens." He said running down what they headed into.

"Ladies first."
He said without any hint of sarcasm.

The truck started up quick enough, but finally Gunn had to get the thought off his chest. It could wait no longer.

"Listen, why did you come... you know... here?" He asked plainly.

"Now, I ain't complainin', there's big uglies out there a plenty, and that super mojo you got going on will definitely come in handy in the down and dirty." He paused, then looked her in the eye looking to see if there was something he was missing in there.

"I know we fought together... or at least adjacently....but shouldn't you be out there with some elite team of superfolks savin' the world and such? I mean you aren't you the slayer? Ain't there some grand destiny you have?" Gunn finished, wondering if she even knew the answer.

He let the question hang, as he pulled out into the evening traffic.

ChaseRules

Sineya

Chao-ahn started walking down the streets looking for any trouble . She had been surprised at how easy it was to disappear into China Town.
When they had found out what she could do they were going to pay her as well as give her a place to live if she would just help out from time to time . She had found out that a lot of people didn't want to get mixed up with them so they had to fight the demons themselves .

"Well now they didn't have to " Chao -ahn said softy . "And beside giving me places to sleep & free meals i taking nothing from them " she said feeling proud over what she was doing . Looking around since she had a feeling that there was Vampires here after hearing the gossip about what was happing here .

Just then she saw three vampires coming out of a buildings . Two of them were wearing tattered clothes but the third was wearing rich clothes & a lot of Bling. "Hello Boys " she said steeping into the light from a street light . "Slayer " the well dressed one said seeing her .

" A Slayer you mean . There more then one you should know " she said having heard there close to a thousand but she knew there was more since she knew there was others hiding like she was .

She didn't wait for them to getting around to attacking her but jumped at them . She threw one of them at the well dressed vamp & as they were getting up after hitting the other one a few times stacked him as he was dazed Then stacked the other one as he was getting to his feet .

The nice dressed on got to his feet angry "Now i going to have to make some new ones " he snared trying to hit her ."What part of Vampire Slayer didn't you get here " Chao-ahn said dodging his punches before throwing him against the wall & with a kick breaking his back .

She grabbed his arm as he fell to the ground & ripping off the rings on his hand before grabbing at his necklaces & pulling at them at the same time she stacked him leaving her with them in her hand. Chao-ahn started to whistle to her self happy as she shoved the necklaces into a pocket & picked up the rings .

Buffy Lover

Townie
Spike sits on the edge of a cliff, his legs dangling. To be exact, he sits on the top of a huge hole of what used to be Sunnyvale. He takes a swing at the almost empty bottle. Spike thinks about Buffy and all the memories here at Sunnydale. Heck, he even thought of Angel and his stupid hair... And face. But secretly he thought of Angel as a brother, a really annoying brother. Well only sometimes annoying. Spike threw the bottle at the old Sunnydale and got up. Drowning in his thoughts and drunken by the liquor, he got in his car and drove. Spike decided to go back to Los Angeles. There's always something going on there. It was still night when he arrived at LA. His head started spinning and usually that meant that he was starting to sober up. " Well, I might as well go to that demon bar in China town." Just as soon as he arrived he saw a familiar girl fighting vampires.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Chao-ahn looked up at feeling something causing the hairs on her neck rising She squinted her eyes a bit before seeing Spike .
She pulled out her sword while looking at him " I not going back to them to get tested on how I got here ' she yelled in Chinese
thinking that while she thought Spike knew she had been faking she wasn't going to take chances since he had been Buffy lover & that meant he was probably still working with her .

Buffy Lover

Townie
The girl quickly noticed Spike and said something in a different language. Spike quickly realize that she was speaking in Chinese and that was Chao-ahn. He raised his hand surrendering (mostly because he just wanted a drink at the moment) and said in Chinese " No harm no foul.. Well want to get a drink?" Gesturing toward the bar with his hand.

ChaseRules

Sineya
"I knew you spoke Chinese " Chao-ahn said softy . "I not going back with you anywhere & not to Buffy & her friends " she said in English putting her sword away & walking up to him with a curious look on her face since the last time she saw Spike he was burning up thanks to the Amulet .

Buffy Lover

Townie
Spike stared at Chao-Ahn their eyes locked "And I knew you spoke English. That's fine if you don't want to see Buffy we could just go to the bar and chat then afterwards go kill some vamps"

Then Spike went into the bar hoping Chao- Ahn would follow him. Spike looked around seeing what the bar was like . To the left was the bar. In the back was a door with a sign that said " Do not Disturb, game in process" so obviously that door led to kitten poker. In the middle was a pool table. And to the left were a bunch of tables and a few booths. There was an average amount of demons. He dragged himself to the bar and plopped himself on a chair and ordered some scotch. He heard the door open and figured it was Chao- Ahn. All the demons and vampires except me stared at her ready to attack or run away from the slayer until they realized she wasn't going to kill their fun. They all returned back to their conversations. If you Listened hard you could hear her shoes squeak a tiny bit. The squeaking became louder and louder until finally she sat on a chair next to Spike.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Chao -Ahn gave Spike a dirty look as he walked away wondering how he knew she had spoke English but knew that yelling at him wouldn't get any answers from Spike . She hid the jewelry inside her jacket zipping up the pockets " No need to start a fight because someone saw something " she said softy to her self while putting on a nice looking ring from the collection .

Then making sure the sword handle was showing but the rest of her weapons went walked in with a smile knowing that Spike thought they would be afraid of her but the regulars knew & would tell the others that you left the people in China Town alone & she leave them alone . Chao -Ahn was right . The noise stopped for a few seconds but when they saw she was relaxed they went back to what they were doing . Chao – Ahn walked up to Spike nodding to a few demons she was semi -friendly with before sitting in a chair next to Spike .

She waved over the bartender to order something " I have a few questions for you Spike but the two main ones right now are how did you know i spoke English & are you going to rat me out to Buffy & her so called friends " she said while ordering a Tsingtao beer & getting a smirk on her face at the scotch Spike was drinking .

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
(( OOC- (out of character) Hey everyone, great writing so far! I know some folks are new to RP's, so I want to remind everyone please try to post at least a paragraph when you post. Three sentences at least. If you can only think of a sentence, take some time and think about what other details you can add to your post. How are you feeling, what are you wearing, what does the place you're in smell like? The more descriptive your posts are, the more you give the people you're writing with too work with.))

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Faith sat in the old Ford Pickup as they pulled out into the evening traffic. It reminded her a little of the streets of Boston & caused a slight shudder to creep down her spine. She was still a little ticked off at his opening the door for her, who does he think she is...some helpless chick or what? So she was taken a little by suprise by his question & answered before she really had time to think about what she was saying.....

"Would'a stayed with the others after SunnyD, but things got a little tense between me an B...."

She trailed off frowning, as if unsure why she had said that. She thought for a moment, deciding if she should carry on, before letting out a long sigh.
When she had fought alongside him before he had seemed a genuine kinda guy. Ok so no one ever shows their true face, but Angel seemed to trust him, & if she trusted any ones judgement it was Angel's.
She figured that if she was serious about doing this it would probably be for the best to tell the truth about why she was here. Not like it was a big secret anyway.

She noticed he was still waiting for her to continue, so she took a deep breath & started to explain....

"Me & B is....complicated. We got a lot of real bad shit in our past, stuff we can't fully put behind us. When we're together we're constantly givin off sparks, & not just the good kind...... I don't know, maybe I finally realised it's best for everyone if we keep some space between us...."

She stared out the windshield, her face a mask, eyes unfocussed. After a moment she snapped herself out of it & shook her head slowly.

"'Sides, B's crazy gang is ass deep in junior Slayers now. Soon as a Vamp shows it's face it's all hair pullin & elbows tryin to be the first to dust it. Now I know they need the experience an all, & I'm all with the 'Spread the love - share the kills' and that, but it got to the point where if I didn't kill something soon, I was gonna, y'know....kill somethin!"

She gave a slight smirk & tucked a strand of chestnut hair behind her ear with her little finger.

"So I made some lame-ass excuse about comin to LA lookin for rogue Slayers & got the hell outta Dodge!"

She glanced across at him, tilting her head to one side slightly.

"Was intending hangin with Angel's crew for a while, but then he told me about what you were tryin to do here & I figured I'd come & see what the hunting was like in these parts"

Her fingers slowly traced the razor sharp edge of the axe in her lap as she spoke.

"Looks like it ain't a moment too soon either, cos y'know, can't really call it a 'team' if you're the only one in it!"

She smirked again as he rolled his eyes at her.

"S'no fun killin bad guys if there's no one around to see how awsome you look doin it" She chuckled, before looking down at the axe. "Learned that the hard way".

Something dark clouded her features for a second before she looked up & waved an arm in the general direction of the road ahead.

"So, where we headed?"

CharlieGunn1
CharlieGunn1
Now that was an amazing RP Post!
Top Bottom